• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2007 - Virtual Console Edition

UltiGamer

Alrighty. I will be sure to check once more before I leave. But aside from that I have done all I can on my end! However, all minor grievances aside, this is a wonderful little event you have managed here kind sir!

Battersea Power Station said:
Looks like I missed out on this, but I will trade DKC2 for something. I'm pretty much done with it.

You can't give VC games like they were a commodity. You'd have to spend 800 Wii Points on it for someone else.

Cheesemeister said:
You can't give VC games like they were a commodity. You'd have to spend 800 Wii Points on it for someone else.
Yeah, but if that were true, it would make me look stupid for assuming that you can just gift them to someone else. Do I look stupid now?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Battersea Power Station said:
Yeah, but if that were true, it would make me look stupid for assuming that you can just gift them to someone else. Do I look stupid now?

federated.GIF

On topic, I've sent my Tiny Tim his/her present, tempted to send another one to somebody else since I have a few more Points left.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
SovanJedi said:
federated.GIF

On topic, I've sent my Tiny Tim his/her present, tempted to send another one to somebody else since I have a few more Points left.

Hey, feel free to send something else my way.

(coughs)

maxmars

My Santa is smart, he understood by probing my library that we play lots of multiplayer games so he gave us two we didn't get to know before.. Very nice surprise, thanks both to cm and my Santa. :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
DrEvil said:
I got mario 3, zelda:lttp and kirby's adventure from my santa.

I promptly sent my gift to him (santa was same as my TT) -- Yoshi's Story!

Thanks dude. I'm not a huge fan of the game personally, but it's actually valuable to me for another reason; my girlfriend loves it! :D

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Stumpokapow said:
Thanks dude. I'm not a huge fan of the game personally, but it's actually valuable to me for another reason; my girlfriend loves it! :D

Hah, man, give it a chance... I was never into it way back when, then I played it in the dying days of the N64, and fell in love with the music.

But hey, if it gets you laid, then, mission accomplished.

I can take one additional person who wants to participate in the USA 800 Wii Points pool. First person to PM me with their Friend Code is in.

bumpkin

Cheesemeister said:
How is everyone else's gifting going?
I got Paper Mario from my Secret Santa, and decided in the spirit of giving something kick-ass, I'd give Sin & Punishment. :D

Hope they enjoy it!

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I wonder what the most popular Secret Santa gift was? I gave my Tiny Tim a copy of Sin & Punishment too, there must be more than two people who did.

Wonder if anybody ended up with any stinkers? D:

ThomPayne

EDIT: My original santa added me, but I haven't gotten anything...I hope what I get is good! The anticipation is killing me!

ThomPayne said:
I still haven't received anything. As a matter of fact, my original Santa, nor the one I was paired with last night has added me.
Neither have I, but I figure my guy's holding out until Christmas Eve/Christmas, which is cool.

My new Tiny Tim (who happens to be my Secret Santa) has a shiny new copy of Sonic 3 on the way. :D

Cheesemeister, I know I'm not alone in really appreciating the time you've put into coordinating this whole thing, especially with all of the problems that have cropped up. Thanks a lot, and Merry Christmas!

Jonnyram

My Tiny Tim has not resolved yet, but rest assured, I will send the gift when he/her decides to acknowledge my friend code.
Got my gift (KOF94) a couple of days ago - thank you, Secret Santa :D

Received my present today from my Santa, after a slight mishap, but I'm really looking forward to playing Comix Zone on my Wii after Christmas.

To my Tiny Tim, have fun blasting aliens away over the VC!

tim1138

I got Sonic 3 from my new Secret Santa but I can't seem to gift anything to my new Tiny Tim... either he has every VC game released or the countries got mixed up.

robot

Got Legend of the Mystical Ninja today from Secret Santa - woooooo! Great pick considering I havent played it since I owned the SNES cart so long ago. I wonder if Secret Santa was hiding in my furnace room all those times I almost added it to my VC cart?

Seeing 1992 on the title screen freaked me out a little, can't believe I haven't played this game in 15 years. Holds up really well too - I remember there being a Gradius mini game but haven't found it yet.

I hope everyone's enjoying the gift exchange. Just as a reminder, gifts need to be sent by midnight tonight unless there are extenuating circumstances I know about.

Merry Christmas!

Kintaco

BrodiemanTTR said:
Apparently I was bad this year. Sin & Punishment is a damn bitch. :lol
I think I was worse, I've had nothing but problems trying to get a game sent to me. If it doesn't work after I checked every setting, and reconfirmed it then I don't know what the problem might be.

Also I haven't received my gift from the OT Secret Santa, not even a lump of coal. :lol

Top Bottom