• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2007 - Virtual Console Edition

Next year, we don't even try for gift sending near or on Christmas Eve. Too many people are going out of town and not taking their Wii systems. It definitely needs to be done earlier.

I really hope my Tim likes the gift. I had one of those moments where I sent out something and then instantly wondered "what if they hate this kind of game."

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
crowphoenix said:
I really hope my Tim likes the gift. I had one of those moments where I sent out something and then instantly wondered "what if they hate this kind of game."
What did you send if you don't mind me asking. I sent
Ninja Gaiden.

maxmars

Ho-ho-ho! My Timmy didn't expect that, I knew it, lol! For a moment I was worried but Nintendo didn't screw up this time. Thanks Cheesemeister for organizing this. :)

eznark

Banned
So, I'm sure it's obvious when it happens, but how do you know when you get a gift? The Wii was glowing this morning and I turned it on. I thought I saw a red package scrolling through the Shopping Channel so I clocked on it, but then I got an error message. Also, I had a thank you note from TT, so that may have been why it was glowing.

Just curious...and anxious to get my present before I head out of town!!

I woke up to Axelay this morning. The name is hard to pronounce, but it seems like it'll be a nice challenge (I made it to the end of the first level [I think] once, but was killed by the boss immediately. :D )

However, I'm having trouble as far as my Tiny Tim goes, so I'm going to be PM'ing Cheesemeister about that momentarily...

I hope everyone's VC Secret Santa experience is going well and adding to the joy of Christmas. If you're having any problems completing the process such as a greyed out Wii Friend Code or error messages upon attempting to send your gift(s), please don't hesitate to contact me and I'll try and help clear things up. Reassignments for Secret Santas and Tiny Tims missing-in-action will not be done until after midnight Eastern tonight.

I received my present, but I have yet to send out mine. Sorry, Tiny Tim. It is definitely going out today, so don't worry. I am having a bit of problem locating Wii Points. Since I am only fifteen I don't have access to the credit cards at all times.

But don't worry Tiny Tim, your gift is going out today! I promise!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Send out a Christmas care package this morning. My Secret Santa is my Tiny Tim, so it'll be pretty awkward if s/he doesn't like it or backs out.

UltiGamer

I got Kirby's Adventure and Super Metroid!!! This is so awesome! Two great games! I have been playing the crap out of them! Thanks Santa, YOUR THE BEST! Merry Christmas!

My tiny tim is still greyed out so I can't send his gifts yet but I will try again later tonight. I leave town tomorrow at 4:30 am so hopefully he will be available to send to by then. I need to poke around and find out what he likes!

angelfly

I sent mine last night. Was going to wait until Christmas eve but with lots of people going away I decided to send it early. Anxious to see what I get from my secret santa,

Windu said:
What did you send if you don't mind me asking. I sent
Ninja Gaiden.

I sent out Paper Mario. There were a couple of debates. Zelda:OoT, F-Zero, Sin and Punishment. But I wanted to give something quirky. The reply I got from my Tim was positive, so I think I made a good choice.

And yeah, this was an awesome experience.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Got Kirby's Adventure and Castlevania last night. Kirby is one of those games I've been meaning to play but just never got around to it and Castlevania is one of my all time favorites. Great choices for me, thanks Secret Santa!

Also thanks to Cheesemeister for bringing this all together. Everything went without a hitch on my end. Job well done.

I was waiting to see what Monday's games would be but now that we know (and they're nothing special) my Tiny Tim will be getting his/her gift(s) soon. Very soon.

UltiGamer said:
I got Kirby's Adventure and Super Metroid!!! This is so awesome! Two great games! I have been playing the crap out of them! Thanks Santa, YOUR THE BEST! Merry Christmas!
1196934110589za9.gif

I love this avatar.

Tf53

Got my game today and sent one as well. I hope my TT/SS appreciates the classic that I got them. I guess it was sort of a boring pick, but I played the original a week ago on N64, and it was still tons of fun. Plus, it's recommended gaming for anyone. :) I'm talking about Super Mario 64 of course.

I got some magician game (I forgot the title already :D). I tried it for a while, and it seemed like I'll get some hours worth of amusement. Thank you, Secret Santa!

Sin & Punishment: Successor to the Earth! Probably the best gift I'll get this year! Thanks, Santa.

Haven't sent my Tiny Tim his gift yet. Hang in there buddy, thanks to my bank it's coming on Sunday, if that's okay with the Cheesemeister.

kiryogi

Banned
Wow.. I got a 2nd gift.. Devil's Crush! Thank you so much Santa!!! I really have no idea how to reply back though XD

colinp

Banned
I got Wrecking Ball and Neutopia from my secret santa!

Woohooo, just tried out wrecking ball. I had no idea what this game was about, but it it actually a pretty fun platform puzzler. Will dive into Neutopia a bit later. Awesome stuff!

Still waiting for my Tiny Tim to register...

CTLance

Whoot, very nice.
I just got home to see my Wii glow blue.

Super Metroid was a very very good choice, Secret Santa. I very much approve of this. Had to shuffle my channels around for 20 minutes until everything was satisfactory again. Cannot wait to play this. Only two more days... :D

alex1893

CTLance said:
Whoot, very nice.
I just got home to see my Wii glow blue.

Super Metroid was a very very good choice, Secret Santa. I very much approve of this. Had to shuffle my channels around for 20 minutes until everything was satisfactory again. Cannot wait to play this. Only two more days... :D
so you were my Tiny Tim, I was guessing it after the message with your Mii... glad to hear you're happy with it. :D

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I got mario 3, zelda:lttp and kirby's adventure from my santa.

I promptly sent my gift to him (santa was same as my TT) -- Yoshi's Story!

Chris R

Received a rather interesting game that I will have to play quite a bit more :lol
Baseball Stars 2

Sent my gift out as well, something that I hope my TT will enjoy
Zelda: ALTTP

UltiGamer

I leave town in 3 hours and my tiny tim hasn't registered me yet.... So, what are we going to do about this? I won't be back until the 1st. But, if they can wait then I will send it when I return?

Yeah, it's getting to be time to do reassignments.

UltiGamer, I can reassign you a new Tiny Tim, but can you take your Wii with you and get online there? It may be difficult to get someone new registered even if you entered the Friend Code right now. Freaking Nintendo WFC service is slow as molasses like that, last time I checked.

UltiGamer

I won't be able to take my wii with me on this trip unfortunately.... But even if I did, the relatives I am visiting don't have wifi, so I wouldn't be able to get the gift out anyway.

Well, crap on a stick. People who sign up for these things shouldn't go MIA and fail to exchange Wii Friend codes. I refer not to you, UltiGamer, but your Tiny Tim. They make my life difficult. I guess a delay 'til 1/1 is what he's got coming for going MIA.

Top Bottom