• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2007 - Virtual Console Edition

Valtox

M3wThr33 said:
Yup. I had that happen already.

How soon are you sending these out? I'm going to be gone Saturday morning. (If I don't make it in time, I'll need to give you the Friend code of my parents' Wii)
cmon I think this way (asking to hurry sending the PMs (I know you didn't) or switching codes) is going to be an enormous work for the meister (as if it isnt already). If you or other people leave for a few days, its going to be the a few days-delayed santa for the person you are linked and that's all.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Friend Code: 5557 5882 7281 1674
Pledge to Spend: 800 or less

EDIT: Aww come on! I was looking up my friend code! :(

M3wThr33

Banned
Valtox said:
cmon I think this way (asking to hurry sending the PMs (I know you didn't) or switching codes) is going to be an enormous work for the meister (as if it isnt already). If you or other people leave for a few days, its going to be the a few days-delayed santa for the person you are linked and that's all.
I just bought my plane ticket yesterday. I didn't know when I was going to be flying down.
What that DOES mean is I probably won't get it until I get back home OR if I bring my Wii with me. (I'm already taking the PS3...)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
:lol I didn't see this thread until just now. This happens every year.

Proven

Dammit, I just missed this by 30 min. Jeez. First time I'm seeing it as well.

Guess I'll be spending VC points on myself again this year.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
M3wThr33 said:
There's ALSO one in OT.
I understand the VC one is different from that one, but I was referring to both. Yes, I know that was a very complicated and impressive linguistic maneuver which leaves you in a daze of adoration. You may touch me.

I'm dicking around, don't take it personally

eznark

Banned
Awesome job. Now I just have to hope that my opposite accepts my codes tomorrow so I can get them their gift before I fly out Saturday morning.

Worst case scenario I'll just have to send the gift from my parents brand new Wii when they open it Saturday afternoon! My folks will have Wii friends!

eznark said:
Awesome job. Now I just have to hope that my opposite accepts my codes tomorrow so I can get them their gift before I fly out Saturday morning.

Worst case scenario I'll just have to send the gift from my parents brand new Wii when they open it Saturday afternoon! My folks will have Wii friends!
Your Tiny Tim will need your parents' Wii Number for that to work, so keep that in mind.

ivysaur12

Banned
Maybe I should list my VC games...

Sonic the Hedgehog, Ecco the Dolphin, Gunstar Heroes, Ristar, Star Fox 64, Mario Kart 64, Sin & Punishment, Super Metroid, Kirby's Adventure, Bonk's Adventure, Kid Icarus, and Shining Force.

Thanks again, Cheesemaster!

M3wThr33

Banned
rhfb said:
Should I remove my FC from my post?
Only if you want to prevent the person from looking WILLINGLY at who you are. I searched for my dude and it wasn't any help. I'll probably buy what I was going to, anyway.

crowphoenix said:
I'm going to wait a bit until I see what comes out Monday, in case those are worthwhile.

Good point. Last year Ninty put up some excellent games on Christmas day. Of course it was a Monday last year. Still, I can see them doing something cool on Christmas Eve.

kiryogi

Banned
Woo that was quick and simple, I thought my tiny tim would have had it already, but I guess not! I'm done! Gonna edit my FC out now.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Okay, the Friend Codes are added, waiting for them to validificated before I dispence with the games-sending. :D

CoolS

Awesome. I'll add both as soon as I get home. Have to restock on points for christmas first though :)

And BIG thanks to Cheesemeister. I hope this will become a yearly thing and be eben bigger next year :)

Edit: also found out who my Santa is. Will edit my friend code now ;)

maxmars

My Tiny Tim is my Santa.. My Santa is my Tiny Tim.. Einhorn is finkle! FINKLE is EINHORN! EINHORN is a MAN!...Oh, my GOD! Einhorn is a MAN!!! :lol

Pfilm38011363842028.jpg

CoolS

DefectiveReject said:
so i send a game to Tiny Tim......... Why the secret santa FC?? (secret Santa doesn't fit in the nickname slot though!!)

Because if u don't add Santa, you won't get a game yourself ^^

colinp

Banned
Added my Secret Santa and Tiny Tim. Once again, props to Cheesemeister for doing such a marvelous job! Love the Charlie Brown thing! I AM SO EXCITED!

Probably wait till Monday to see what comes out before sending my present. :D

eznark

Banned
Again, this is a great idea, but in the message there was a bit about "get it sent by Christmas Eve or you're a bastard who will get reported and punched in the nuts!" (I may have paraphrased).

Might I suggest a little bit of leeway in terms of deadline, as many people (including myself, so this is 80% self serving) travel over the Holidays. I'm assuming of course, that people aren't going to go to the great lengths of joining GAF and posting in this thread to steal a $12 game from someone, and I honestly think that's a safe assumption to make.

(Not tryin to tell you how to run your show though, this really is a cool thing you did here).

Perhaps I'll have to put together a Boxing Day pool for people who are away from their Wii for Christmas and have to be removed from this list. We should be able to identify all of the no-shows in time by reports of folks who haven't completed the Wii Friend Code exchange by the 22nd.

eznark

Banned
Cheesemeister said:
Perhaps I'll have to put together a Boxing Day pool for people who are away from their Wii for Christmas and have to be removed from this list. We should be able to identify all of the no-shows in time by reports of folks who haven't completed the Wii Friend Code exchange by the 22nd.

Not trying to give you extra work! And as long as my Tiny Tim gets on the friend code acceptance, I'll be without problems.

sk3tch

I received my gift today! Thanks Santa...you're so sexy and hot.

Super Castlevania IV for those of you wondering. :)

My Tiny Tim has not yet accepted me on his/her Wii...so I can't send my gift just yet. But I'll keep checking nightly and I will report the poor little bastard if he doesn't accept me by tomorrow!!! :D

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Some kind soul bought me a lovely copy of Pokemon Snap as a Secret Santa gift. Thank you you faceless wonder!
I know who it is though, I looked up the Friend Code. <_<

Now just waiting for Tiny Tim to validate the connection so I can send HIS present.

Top Bottom