• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2007 - Virtual Console Edition

kswiston

Added my friend codes. Really hoping my tiny tim adds me so I can gift him before leaving for the holidays in a few hours!

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Quick apologies to my Tiny Tim, I'm getting paid in a day or so, so you will absolutely have your game by Christmas Eve. Car insurance was due today but you won't be gameless come Tuesday.

Saitou

Banned
Cheesemeister said:
Perhaps I'll have to put together a Boxing Day pool for people who are away from their Wii for Christmas and have to be removed from this list. We should be able to identify all of the no-shows in time by reports of folks who haven't completed the Wii Friend Code exchange by the 22nd.
Isn't Boxing Day the 26th?

If I can't manage to send it out by tonight, my next chance will be on the 27th :(

Saitou said:
Isn't Boxing Day the 26th?

If I can't manage to send it out by tonight, my next chance will be on the 27th :(

Yes, well. A Boxing Day gift exchange would be for between Boxing Day and New Year's. It'd coincide with Kwanzaa.

CoolS

Yay, I just got my wonderful present!

The Legend of Mystical Ninja. I bet it's awesome. Weill not play it till the 24 though :)
Thank you very very very much Santa. It's a great present.

My Tiny Tim hasn't accepted yet, so I'll have to wait to send him his game.

Love this Secret Santa thing :)

Edit: OMG I Just got another game from my Santa: MegaMan2

I seriously LOVE YOU SANTA :)

I'm having a little trouble. Every single game I've tried sending to my Tiny Tim (and I've tried a lot) gives me the rejection message. According to it, either my recipient owns every VC game in existence, is in a different country (I'm in the US), or has messed up his Wii Shop Channel settings. I'll try again later; I hope it'll sort itself out.

kswiston

I unfortunately haven't had my friend request accepted from my Tiny Tim yet and am now out of time. I will be gone until the 27th.

I am still interested in participating so maybe I can go into the boxing day secret santa pool, or if my Tiny Tim is willing, I can gift him when I get back. I'll even throw in a little extra for being late.

sorry everyone. I was hoping I would have enough time to do this before leaving today.

EDIT: My secret santa hasn't accepted my friend request either, so I have neither given or received gifts yet if that makes things easier for you to coordinate cheesmeister

LouieGeetoo said:
I'm having a little trouble. Every single game I've tried sending to my Tiny Tim (and I've tried a lot) gives me the rejection message. According to it, either my recipient owns every VC game in existence, is in a different country (I'm in the US), or has messed up his Wii Shop Channel settings. I'll try again later; I hope it'll sort itself out.

I can confirm that your Tiny Tim is in the US. I made it a point to match people only with others in their own country, even Canada.

Cheesemeister said:
I can confirm that your Tiny Tim is in the US. I made it a point to match people only with others in their own country, even Canada.
I know. I'm thinking maybe he simply hasn't updated his Wii or logged into the updated Wii Shop Channel yet.

M3wThr33

Banned
I got Gunstar Heroes. Much better game than I expected. (Old roommate played Gunstar Super Heroes, and that was a pile of trash)

My Tim hasn't added me yet. Probably means I'm going to have to take my Wii with me.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I just got back from being out of town for a couple of days. I added my secret santa and Tiny tim just now.

I've been pretty busy this past week, but to both my Secret Santa & my Tiny Tim, I'll try to add both codes and send out my gift when I get off of work tonight.

Windu

eznark said:
Damn you Tiny Tim...must you own every VC game already?!?
No way Tiny Tim could afford every VC game, his family can't even afford to buy themselves a Christmas dinner. The only conclusion is that...

71wcd3d.jpg

eznark

Banned
I've tried about 25-30 games now. I even just started going down the SNES list to see if they would work. Nope. Unable to accept anything.

God damn it.

colinp

Banned
I just updated my post on p. 2 with the games I own just to make things easier for my secret santa (I don't know who you are!).

Still waiting for my Tiny Tim to accept...

eznark

Banned
Thanks, I can stop trying to send him/her terrible games for frustrating me so much!

When is Superman 64 arriving on the VC, cause you're getting it TT!

Windu

My Wii tricked me. I saw my Wii flashing blue and thought to myself "Oh Boy! My Gift is Here!" nope, just a confirmation that Tiny Tim received mine. Santa is still greyed out for me. :(
eznark said:
When is Superman 64 arriving on the VC?
Never
I hope...

Aladuf

Banned
I just received my games from my Secret Santa (Super Metriod, and Super Mario Bros. 3) Yai!!!

Still waiting on my Tiny Tim to add me though... I know who it is so i'll probably just PM him tomorrow.

I would like to thank my Santa for the awesome gift of Wave Race 64. I spent most of the morning yelling at the idiot shildren in NiGHTs and then coming to Wave Race 64 for something entirely fun.

My Tiny Tim will be recieving his gift in the next couple of days depending on what Monday's VC releases are. (IE if it's Mega Man 2, they will get that.)

crowphoenix said:
I would like to thank my Santa for the awesome gift of Wave Race 64. I spent most of the morning yelling at the idiot shildren in NiGHTs and then coming to Wave Race 64 for something entirely fun.

My Tiny Tim will be recieving his gift in the next couple of days depending on what Monday's VC releases are. (IE if it's Mega Man 2, they will get that.)
If that the rumored release for Monday? That would be so fucking amazing.

snack said:
If that the rumored release for Monday? That would be so fucking amazing.

It got released in EU, so I was hoping... But according to the thread, it's looking like Monday will be a little more lack luster than I had hoped.

crowphoenix said:

12/24/2007

[NES] Blades of Steel
[SNS] Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble
[GEN] Rolling Thunder 2

I've sent my gift to Tiny Tim but I've not gotten any gift so far!

BTW DKC3!!! Obviously they're putting it up because of the christmas cheat!

Edit: Nevermind I've got it now YAY! I was hoping for a NeoGeo game :D

sk3tch

I have received my secret Santa gift and I have gifted my Tiny Tim. It was a very fun experience.

Great idea, Cheesemeister!

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Arg, I'm so mad I missed this by 3 minutes because I didn't know my friend code off hand! Thanks a lot Nintendo, you ruined my Christmas!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
My Santa was nice enough to get me The Legend of the Mystical Ninja. :)

My Tiny Tim was hard to shop for. He had all the titles I wanted to give him, except for one. I hope he likes it. :)

alisdair

My Secret Santa bought me Gunstar Heroes, a game I really wanted to play but was worried it would be too difficult for me. It's not, it's awesome! Thank-you, Secret Santa!

My gifts have gone out to my Tiny Tim as well, I just hope they match his tastes.

bumpkin

So here's a dumb question... How do we make sure that we pick something they don't already have? Does the gift system protect against it?

Windu

My Santa still hasn't put my FC in (Still greyed out) :(

The 22nd is the deadline right? If he doesn't hurry up he is going on the naughty list. Or would that be me since I'm the person receiving the gift? :lol
bumpkin said:
So here's a dumb question... How do we make sure that we pick something they don't already have? Does the gift system protect against it?
Yeah, if you try to give them something that they have it tells you and you have to pick something else.

Saitou

Banned
bumpkin said:
The Wii Shop will tell you if your intended recipient already has the game in question.

As of this writing, my Secret Santa is still greyed out =/

Oh well, at least Tiny Tim liked the game I got him. Mystical Ninja, bitches, play it!

Haven't received mine yet but I can see my Tiny Tim is enjoying his, so I think this was a great idea. Cheesemeister! Stop selling Pokerotica to Oak and get to work on next year's.

CTLance

This is a travesty. Outrageous, even.
My Tiny Tim was already registered in my address book!
le gasp!
Cheesemeister, I am so disappointed in you. And there I thought you'd personally make sure each Secret Santa/Tiny Tim pair was "fresh"!

Just bullshitting, of course. =P
Sending off, nay, choosing the gift was incredibly satisfying. Poking around, trying to see what games my Tiny Tim already had purchased, guessing what games he'd like...

That, and reading the clearly pleased and happy Wii message of my Tiny Tim was so worth it.
Can't wait to get my gift as well. What will it be? What'll it be? So exciting... :lol C'mon, Secret Santa, input my code! You're still gray!

Thanks for all the good work, Cheesemeister.
It's a crying shame I can't send you a little VC love to show my appreciation though. :(
Some e-hugs will have to do. <3 <3 <3

Top Bottom