• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(GAF WINS! GAF WINS!) THE REMATCH: GAF's MAGNFICENT SE7EN vs Leguna's "Dream Team"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Last Week on GAF…

Leguna challenged the forum endorsed clan to a sanctioned match in Halo 2, our best six (the victorious 6 Man Wrecking Crew) against his so-called “Dream Team”. The result is the stuff legends are made of, and will live on forever in the annals of Gaming-Age folklore. Don’t believe me? See for yourself.

The battle was legendary, but the rematch will be epic!

The Gaming-Age Forum clan accepts the open invitation for a rematch against Leguna’s “Dream Team”, now expanded to a seven man roster, and counters with THE MAGNIFICENT SE7EN, the seven finest Halo 2 players the forum can muster. This sanctioned bout is to take place at approximately 9 PM EST on Wednesday, November 24th and will proceed under the following terms and conditions:

· Each team may have only seven active players on their roster at game time, but up to four reserves in case one of their team members drops out due to emergency, illness, etc. The seven man roster for THE MAGNIFICENT SE7EN will be put up for vote by the clan and active team members, as well as reserves, will be finalized by Tuesday night.

· Best of three CTF match format, with default settings. Leguna’s “Dream Team” has the rights to the map selection of their choice in the first match and if necessary, the third match. THE MAGNIFICENT SE7EN retains the rights to select the map for the second match, however.

· Map selections must be finalized by Tuesday, November 23rd at 9 PM EST by both parties and both parties are to be notified on the forum, as well.

· Multi CTF format will be utilized, so that there can be a third party present labeled a spectator, who is to be safe from combat at all times. In accordance with pre-rematch conditions, said spectator cannot be killed or have his “ghost” flag stolen and captured. Any accidental kills will be negated from final score. The spectator will update the forum in real-time, as well as videotape the sanctioned rematch. This selection will be designated to an appropriate user at a later time.

· If Leguna’s “Dream Team” wins the sanctioned rematch, his current user name will be returned back to his default user name immediately. In addition, he will be granted a free pass to gloat about his victory in the Gaming Forum, as well as parade around his victory as he sees fit.

· However, if Leguna’s “Dream Team” loses the sanctioned rematch, he is to be banned for up to fourteen days and his current user name of “I Suck at Halo” will remain for however long the current Gaming-Age Forum administration deems fit.

· Any settings changes whatsoever must be agreed upon by both parties prior to match. Failure to notify either party of changes to match settings will result in a forfeit.

These conditions, as agreed upon by both parties prior to the sanctioned rematch, must be strictly adhered to as any violations will void the contest.

Good luck to THE MAGNIFICENT SE7EN, who fights for the pride of all of GAF…

… and congrats to THE 6 MAN WRECKING CREW, heroes one and all.

Question: Since we are using Multi-Flag due to the spectator issue, will we also be changing the flag home to score rule that defaults to no in multiflag. Also touch on return.

Azih

Settings and map selections will be posted before the match starts right? Or will they be made up on the fly and then posted on GAF?

I think they should be posted here at least 24 hours before zero hour.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Mr. Lemming said:
Question: Since we are using Multi-Flag due to the spectator issue, will we also be changing the flag home to score rule that defaults to no in multiflag. Also touch on return.

I think that should be fine. However, these changes (and any future ones), must be agreed upon by leguna or a "Dream Team" representative before I change the overall terms and conditions.

Azih said:
Settings and map selections will be posted before the match starts right? Or will they be made up on the fly and then posted on GAF?

I think they should be posted here at least 24 hours before zero hour.

I had assumed this, since Leguna was able to do this in the original battle, but let me write it in. Good call.

levious said:
How about two spectators... one to focus on capturing video and adjusting view as action warrants and the other to provide forum updates.

I had supported this idea in the other thread, but again, any additional terms and conditions must be agreed upon by leguna or a "Dream Team" representative.

building on what ramirez said in the other thread....

perhaps certain players should be designated for certain types of matches.

for instance, certain people do classic ctf and assault

and certain people do team slayer and 1 flag ctf.

im more of a team slayer / 1 flag ctf person.

just a suggestion

Also in support of this idea, but all changes must be agreed upon by both parties.

So everyone knows, none of these conditions are set in stone and can be changed prior to the rematch.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
How about two spectators... one to focus on capturing video and adjusting view as action warrants and the other to provide forum updates.

building on what ramirez said in the other thread....

perhaps certain players should be designated for certain types of matches.

for instance, certain people do classic ctf and assault

and certain people do team slayer and 1 flag ctf.

im more of a team slayer / 1 flag ctf person.

just a suggestion

Hellraizah

Man, the GAF is truly making this sounds like the most important event of a lifetime. If you need me add me to your buddy list, my gamertag is Hellraizah. Every team needs at least one french defenseman.

SantaC

eh no point of placing any bets when you are playing that "dream team" Did they even had a scrim? :lol

SK.swe - now thats a dream team.

Maps should definately be picked in advance if it can be agreed upon. Beyond the practice time for both, it'll give the spectators a chance to figure out where best to set up.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Sorry, but while I'm far from the best Halo player here, I am the "link" between both teams, and I have to once again be on the GAF team. It just wouldn't be right otherwise. Besides, I know all their tactics anyway. :D

Willco

Hollywood Square
The questions I pose to both the forum and clan now are:

Who are the initial 10 or 11 players we should rally to practice for the seven man roster and reserve spots?

And if you are in support of a multi-format tournament, where we alternate from CTF to Team Slayer to what have you, what formats do you want and how do you want to go about it?

Azih

I volunteer to be practice bitch for the magnificent se7en. I'm pretty mediocre, so I would make a perfect leguna!

Lyte Edge

Willco said:
The questions I pose to both the forum and clan now are:

Who are the initial 10 or 11 players we should rally to practice for the seven man roster and reserve spots?

And if you are in support of a multi-format tournament, where we alternate from CTF to Team Slayer to what have you, what formats do you want and how do you want to go about it?

What we need to find out is how many players the other team is going to have first. They have the potential to have two more possible players, but certain..."situations" probably means only one more player.

If necessary, I will play on the Leguna team, provided that I get immunity from what happens once the GAF (obviously) wins. :D

I would much prefer to be AGAINST the Leguna team, but I am willing to make this sacrifice. XD

Willco

Hollywood Square
Fixed2BeBroken said:
why not just run some Scrimms in the different modes...

teamslayer/1 flag ct/ etc.

and then pick from there?

Anyway the clan wants to about it is fine with me. I think we need to list the top 10 or 11 players, obviously dependent on availability at 9 PM EST on Wednesday, and go from there.

Let everyone scrimmage and the those guys, as well as the clans, will decide who gets to start and who is sitting as a reserve.

Lyte Edge said:
What we need to find out is how many players the other team is going to have first. They have the potential to have two more possible players, but certain..."situations" probably means only one more player.

If necessary, I will play on the Leguna team, provided that I get immunity from what happens once the GAF (obviously) wins. :D

I would much prefer to be AGAINST the Leguna team, but I am willing to make this sacrifice. XD

Since this is a sanctioned match against our forum clan, and essentially a clan match, I'd rather you not play for the opposing team, Lyte.

And if he can get seven players, tough luck. That's the amount of players he had officially alloted for us and that's what we agreed to. If need be, we will go 6v7. I recommend he find reserves or backups as well, and ones that are not Gaming-Age clan members.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
This is so awesome!!

* goes to store and buys a truck load of popcorn!

The first two maps should be announced but if there is need for a third and final map it should be made up on the spot IMO

Willco said:
Anyway the clan wants to about it is fine with me. I think we need to list the top 10 or 11 players, obviously dependent on availability at 9 PM EST on Wednesday, and go from there.

Let everyone scrimmage and the those guys, as well as the clans, will decide who gets to start and who is sitting as a reserve.

but wouldnt scrimming be the point of "picking the top 10 / 11"?

of course u have ur obvious like wario,op,ramirez, etc

but then its anywhere after the top 6/7

peace

manngc

Again, the terms seem fair. However, Spectator locations must be disegnated for each map before hand. And those zones must be combatant free! It would be lame to have someone hide behind a spectator. I also agree with Rameirez that multiple game types be used for the 3 games. Game 1: CTF (Coag), Game 2: Team Slayer(whatever map you want), Game 3: 1 Flag CTF (Zanzabar).

The only way to limit the party to 7v7 is with with 2 specters. That way it's guaranteed. I just hope we can come up with 7 decent players.

This is going to be an epic match up. :D

Mann

Willco

Hollywood Square
Fixed2BeBroken said:
but wouldnt scrimming be the point of "picking the top 10 / 11"?

of course u have ur obvious like wario,op,ramirez, etc

but then its anywhere after the top 6/7

peace

I think most of the clan should probably be playing today and tonight, and deciding who are Top 10/11 are and go from there.

And I also recommend Fifty definitely be nominated for the Top 10/11.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Lyte Edge said:
Besides, I know all their tactics anyway. :D

ethics have been tossed aside... it's on like Donkey Kong

I'm up for a spot on the practice squad, I'll even play the roll of leguna... COCK-FUCKERS!

Fifty

Willco said:
I think most of the clan should probably be playing today and tonight, and deciding who are Top 10/11 are and go from there.

:D But alas, I'm at work now. I hope that doesn't ruin my chances of getting in, but whatever...I know I'm good enough. I wish I was able to play Halo today and tonight.

Ramirez

So is the no vehicle driving with a flag rule in?It's extremely lame and there is no way to stop a vehicle without a Rocket Launcher.

Plus it boils down to one of them coming over to our base with a Ghost/Banshee/Warthog while the rest of them set back like pusses and defend,its stupid.

You guys are just playing into leguna's plot. Remember how he said he was just being an asshole to get everyone all riled up? What's happened? Everyone's all riled up. You shouldn't of given him the rematch.

Lyte Edge

Mann, did you talk to Birdo yet about this? He was pretty pissed at you last night. :lol

Willco said:

I MUST have one slot. If you guys really feel that strongly about choosing the players from a pool, fine, I'll be a spectator.

But we should be using the SAME six people as last time, plus one.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Son of Godzilla said:
You guys are just playing into leguna's plot. Remember how he said he was just being an asshole to get everyone all riled up? What's happened? Everyone's all riled up. You shouldn't of given him the rematch.

More ownage is coming, though, so how can that be a bad thing? :p

Plus if this one goes the same as the last one, we won't hear from I Suck at Halo for a while.

mumu

Without any permabans at stake i'm having a hard time to get REALLY thrilled. I'm excited to see the video of this epic match though.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Did leguna use scrubs in his "Dream Team" Match? Is he setting GAF up for the kill with his REAL time? Stay tuned!

LukeSmith

I'm not in Gaming-Age's clan. But the handle is TJ Scoot -- invite me and I'll play against you guys in prep for your LegunaRape II.

Anything for a good BAN

Amir0x

Banned
This thread is going to end up being so funny that we might as well purchase the equipment so that we can appropriately mine all the comedy platinum that will be discovered.

manngc

Lyte,
I have yet to speak with Leguna. I'm fairly certain he's okay with everything I'm saying. I just hope we don't cream the GAF team too badly... :)

Mann

LukeSmith

manngc said:
Lyte,
I have yet to speak with Leguna. I'm fairly certain he's okay with everything I'm saying. I just hope we don't cream the GAF team too badly... :)

Mann

This has wings, and flies. Wait, yep, it's crow.

FnordChan

gaf-seven.jpg

FnordChan

Lyte Edge

Ramirez said:
If Lyte's gonna be playing at Leguna's or Mann's house or whatever I'm not too keen on him being on our team :p

Why is that? :p If I do play over there, I'd be in a separate room from the rest of them. Wouldn't be fair any other way.

Also if the connection gets bogged down from too many people using the same DSL line, I'd play at home anyway.

Lyte Edge

Kabuki Waq said:
hmm does anyone else get the feeling Lyte might be a double agent?

I don't roll like that, sorry...I want to seem him get PWNED probably more than anyone else here as long as it's all in good fun. :)

I'm only volunteering to play on his team if they can't get enough members...but if it's a clan vs. clan match, then it has to be GAF for me.

yoshifumi

Banned
oh my god this sounds hilarious

i'd want to play some practice matches with you guys but i don't have live because i'm at for the week and i don't feel like shelling out 100 bucks for that xbox wireless adapter thing

Willco

Hollywood Square
I'm not worried about LyteEdge, but I don't think the GAF clan should take it easy thinking it's going to be an easy win, because it's quite obvious that leguna has something up his sleeve.

And Lyte, I have no problem with you being at least a spectator or reserve on the team, but I'm not going to decide the seven man roster. I'll let the clan and those participating do that.

Willco

Hollywood Square
DopeyFish said:
i'm up for another round of ownage.

Our brother has heeded the call to arms! Who else will rally to our cause?

... Get your asses on XBL and talk to one another, but everyone make sure to inform me who the nominees for the Top 10/11.

Ramirez

I tallied up the combined stats of all 3 games for reference as far as picking people or whatever.

Kills wise across 3 games went like this...

Nutter Butter-41
Lyte Edge-9
Wario-21 (didn't play all of the 3rd game)
Dopey-27 (didn't play the 3rd game at all to my knowledge)
Op1vy-56
Me-60

Flag captures-
Nutter got all 3 the 1st game
I got all 3 the 2nd game
In the 3rd game,I had one,Lyte had one, and Wario had one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom