• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Boy Micro <3 Thread

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Pietepiet said:
I like your humor, but Nintendo's website stopped selling them a while ago and never sold them in Europe in the first place.
I bought some from there not even a year ago. I didn't know they stopped selling them already.

Pietepiet

Yeah, I think I was just a tad bit too late with checking a few months back, and couldn't find them anymore. Was going to ask a friend in the US to order them and send 'm my way, oh well.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Soo, my Micro is getting red pretty damn fast, like in 2 days with maybe 2 or 3 hours of play, have to charge it more and more. Battery dying? Does Nintendo replace, or can I buy in some general battery store? Thanks.

oracrest

I just saw this thread for the first time, after coming back from the store looking for a micro.

Have they become rare/expensive at all? I would like to get the old famicom version.

All of my GBA carts have been sitting in a box for too long. A friend of mine dug his micro stuff out, and now I really want to pick one up too.

I remember at E3 when they debuted the system, all the models near the display were all under 5'2" or something like that.

hadar

Just impulse-bought a new micro for 30 euro with Metroid Fusion and F-Zero.
Deal of the year? :D

Now to read the whole thread instead of just the last few pages and buy some goodies to pimp it up.

I got one recently as well, for 4 euro's. I love that. It didn't have a box but it had the adapter and had Link to the Past in it. It's a blue one as well, beautiful piece of hardware.

Maximus.

ive been trying to find one of these locally for ages (havent been trying that hard) and cant find one :/ I knew i should have picked one up when it was easily available and discontinued!

jimid2

Neo Member
Fraull said:
ive been trying to find one of these locally for ages (havent been trying that hard) and cant find one :/ I knew i should have picked one up when it was easily available and discontinued!
I bought three new ones back when they were being blown out at $40 each... :lol Two are stashed and the third follows me whereever I go with a G6 cart in it loaded to the limit... :D

oracrest said:
I want to get the 20th anniversary version for sure, but it looks like I am going to spend around $120 for one :\

http://blujay.com/?page=ad&adid=1804402&cat=9091100

http://www.quinqueinc.net/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=61&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=647&category_id=17&vmcchk=1&Itemid=61

I have no idea about the reputation of these dealers but everytime this thread is bumped I check online/ebay for the famicom versions. I currently have a few bids but can't justify a high price for my ...4th gba (my first micro).

Lee N

Membre
dock said:
My micro is missing! D: They're so small!

I do look forward to seeing photos of one next to the DSi XL!

A little late, but I didn't see your post until now.

djGSeNNAY.jpg

oracrest

898 said:

Thanks for the links. Thats not a bad price for one.

For some reason, I still felt a bit unsure of getting them through there, even though I couldn't find a slew a bad reviews for them. I ended up find a classic famicom version on ebay for $99, and free shipping, which seems to be only a little bit more than on blujay. I have put off getting one for long enough now.

I think it's time to go back and dust off my GBA collection, and pick up a few missed titles. I got an import japanese version, which has the mario sprite on the back of the system.

Does anyone know if the japanese power cords will work ok over here in America?

G0523

oracrest said:
Does anyone know if the Japanese power cords will work ok over here in America?
Yeah they should work just fine. I got my DS Fat from Japan and the power cord is the same.

Kuugrr

Oh man. I got a Micro recently because of this thread, but totally forgot to post in it. :lol

Anyways, I'm loving the GBM. Totally worth it. Thanks, GAF!

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Teetris said:
Soo, my Micro is getting red pretty damn fast, like in 2 days with maybe 2 or 3 hours of play, have to charge it more and more. Battery dying? Does Nintendo replace, or can I buy in some general battery store? Thanks.
No one? I'm seriously freaking out here

hipgnosis said:
Here's a picture of my Famicom one, box artwork is included also.

2rgjipt.jpg

It's pretty damn awesome.

Damn you, now not only do I need to shell out the money for a Famicom version but I need to find one with the box too. My wallet and wife will not be amused.

oracrest

898 said:
Damn you, now not only do I need to shell out the money for a Famicom version but I need to find one with the box too. My wallet and wife will not be amused.

I believe the japanese version has the mario sprite on the back of the system as well.

zerostackers

Neo Member
i had a famimicro years ago.. it was an even worse fingerprint magnet than the ds lite, but damned if it wasn't cute and awesome. playing super mario bros. on a little nintendo controller was a special experience.

Ledsen

Are the Famicom GBM:s expensive in the US? I bought two of them in Japan, they cost about 3000 yen (~US $30) each complete in box, although one of them had a loose faceplate. The other one was perfect though. I love the little thing :D

Loam

Managed to finally track down one of these things used for $60 near where I live, few nicks here and there but nothing substantial. Problem is the faceplate is scratched to hell, anyone know of a site that still sells replacements?

HYDE

Banned
Wren said:
Managed to finally track down one of these things used for $60 near where I live, few nicks here and there but nothing substantial. Problem is the faceplate is scratched to hell, anyone know of a site that still sells replacements?

I have seen them time to time on Ebay. But, they are usually third party.

Fuck, GAF. Now all of you have convinced me to jump onto the bandwagon. :lol

*Searches through Ebay*

EDIT: Question, is it possible to hook up one of these little badboys to a keychain?

G0523

Galactic Quail said:
Question, is it possible to hook up one of these little badboys to a keychain?
Yes you can! As long as you have a lanyard or string or something to attach onto the keychain.

Galactic Quail said:
Fuck, GAF. Now all of you have convinced me to jump onto the bandwagon. :lol

*Searches through Ebay*

EDIT: Question, is it possible to hook up one of these little badboys to a keychain?
If you don't mind getting it all scratched from your keys, then sure.

oracrest

Stumbled across a game store having a weekend blowout sale, so I picked up a bunch of GBA carts. I can't wait until the system gets in.

This must make the 3rd or 4th time I have bought Zelda 1 and 2 in some form or another.

8682131d.jpg

I am broke at the moment. Haven't worked since September, and my bank just wrote to me saying they were wondering why I haven' paid any money in since November. I think they may widthdraw my overdraft. I have so many games all in mint condition, most of them are brand spanking new.

More to he topic, I have a Famicom version GBM, boxed, manual and everything. I has been used but there aren't any visible signs of use. What do you guys think sell it or keep it. Plus I have around 30 of the best games the thing had to offer.

All games are boxed and have manuals. And to add I have lots of the official Nintendo cables from Japan.

I have
- 3 x GBM > GBM cables
- 3 x GBM cable > GBA, convertor cables
- 2 GBA wireless connectors
- 2 GBM wireless connectors

All of this is boxed.

Zelda TP 1.jpg

Oh no GAF... look what I just did.

10hlfrl.jpg

A bit over €50 (well closer to €60 with P&P), but I am happy... It's soooo pretty!

I'll tell myself It should rise in price in the future to justify the buy... SHOULDN'T IT!!!!

Top Bottom