• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Boy Micro <3 Thread

wondermega

Even after all this time, the micro is still my favorite (technically) system. When they announced it I was one of the groaners "enough already, stop releasing the same thing!" Then my buddy at work showed me and I knew I had to have one-

it's just so small that I don't even have to think about it when i bring it with me and it just goes along anywhere so easily. also my favorite games are those which are great for little bursts so it fits the bill (at this point I am not sweating graphics, I just want it to be fun arcadey stuff).

I assume at some point I will have an iPhone or similar device and the sheer overload of games on that will win me over, but until then I am not in a hurry. I will be super-sad when the little battery inside of it dies forever :(

crispyben

This is not stealth trolling, but the silver GBM I bought thanks to/because of this thread isn't getting any use, so I might as well sell it... It's like new, comes with the charger (French plugs) and the original packaging, and can be bought along with the original Rhythm Tengoku (used, with packaging) if one so desires. I ship from France. Make me an offer by PM if you're interested.

gibration

After looking at this thread I went to go and look for my GBM and I finally found it. Now that I found it, I want more games for it. Can you guys tell which games out there are worth buying? I like RPG's or just basically side-scrolling adventure games that have good replay value. Oh and chances are that anything you guys put out there I wont have it so just list me a good amount of games. Thanks.

this is my japanese Micro, I love it

3761542390_9073632c51_o.jpg

Psykotik

man, every time this thread gets bumped, it makes me feel like getting another micro. thinking of someday getting one of the famicom colored ones.

here's my red micro pictured with the rest of the 'family'

mcssac.jpg

gba sp brite not pictured because i forgot where i put it when i took the picture

crispyben said:
This is not stealth trolling, but the silver GBM I bought thanks to/because of this thread isn't getting any use, so I might as well sell it... It's like new, comes with the charger (French plugs) and the original packaging, and can be bought along with the original Rhythm Tengoku (used, with packaging) if one so desires. I ship from France. Make me an offer by PM if you're interested.
done.

DiGi-C

Banned
gibration said:
After looking at this thread I went to go and look for my GBM and I finally found it. Now that I found it, I want more games for it. Can you guys tell which games out there are worth buying? I like RPG's or just basically side-scrolling adventure games that have good replay value. Oh and chances are that anything you guys put out there I wont have it so just list me a good amount of games. Thanks.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316510

:)

faridmon

I wonder where can I buy GBM from UK. am not an online buyer so i would love to buy it in store somewhere for cheap. any Ideas guys?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
BooJoh said:
They still have the GBm wireless adapters at store.nintendo.com
$20 each is a bit pricey, but they're nice and small, fit the system well, and they're compatible with the regular GBA wireless adapters.

gbm-wireless.jpg
Wasn't the GBA Wireless Adapter only compatible with Pokemon LG/FR, though?

joelseph

Shig said:
Wasn't the GBA Wireless Adapter only compatible with Pokemon LG/FR, though?

No, it works with all multiplayer games the way I understand it. Used to play 2 player Mario Golf for hours with it.

Zing

Banned
joelseph said:
No, it works with all multiplayer games the way I understand it. Used to play 2 player Mario Golf for hours with it.

It just happens to work with Mario Golf Advance Tour. It doesn't work with all games.

There is a list of compatible games on wikipedia, but the only games of note are Pokemon Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald, Ruby, and Mario Golf.

bumpkin

Though from time to time I wish I had the foresight to have bought an NES Edition GBA SP when it came out, I love my Famicom Micro. Coupled together with the slick basic leather sleeve I got for $0.84 at Toys R Us on clearance, it makes for a nice compact gaming option! :D

fernoca

Sorry for this bump, but don't know if it was posted..

But apparently, Nintendo no longer has black faceplates in stock, only silver...
Don't know if it's temporary, but noticed yesterday as I was ordering another silver faceplate, just in case..there's no option for black ones (yet, there was a month ago, when I ordered a silver one)..

At the same time, I noticed on eBay, black faceplates packaged exactly like how Nintendo send them (with a plastic cover covering both sides, inside a small plastic bag)...for up to $18...

Sipowicz

Banned
this looks great

i remember that it was slammed by the press and a lot of people when it came out. i should have got one

Ettie

At one point you could get these for 20 bucks each in my area. I kick myself every time this thread is on page one for not getting it.

mandiller

I've finally joined the ranks of GameBoy Micro owners. This thread inspired me to seek out a Micro. I found someone in my area who was selling one second hand so I bought it. It had a few paint scuffs on the corners and a nasty scratch down the blue faceplate screen, so I contacted Nintendo and bought a new blue faceplate for it. Good as new!

Here are some pics (and before you get up in arms, I'm using an old GBA flashcard which is VERY handy to carry around all your games at once on it. I ripped my own legit games to put on it, so no foul play)

2prwjg6.jpg

2dwi3qq.jpg

1tmrr7.jpg

I love this thing! The d-pad feels great and I'm enjoying reliving my old GBA games on it. I'm currently making my way through Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and Warioware Twisted.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Where did you buy the blue faceplate from? Nintendo doesn't seem to have it on their site.

mandiller

Ermac said:
Where did you buy the blue faceplate from? Nintendo doesn't seem to have it on their site.

Nintendo Australia has it. I phoned them up and ordered it over the phone (no internet store). It also came with a free light blue faceplate too. Neat!

woodypop

mandiller said:
I love this thing! The d-pad feels great and I'm enjoying reliving my old GBA games on it.
Yeah, it's my favorite d-pad of any handheld! (I don't consider the NGPC click-stick a d-pad.)

mandiller

woodypop said:
Yeah, it's my favorite d-pad of any handheld! (I don't consider the NGPC click-stick a d-pad.)

Yep, I agree. I upgraded my DS Lite to a DSi and while I love it, the d-pad pales in comparison to the Gameboy Micro.

mrkgoo

When my place was burgled, out of all my console and handheld losses, I think the GBA micro is the one I missed the most. Everything else was just functional, but the micro felt like something collectible.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I gotta get one. I plan on upgrading from my launch DS but I sure am gonna miss that GBA slot.

woodypop

Metal Gear?! said:
It's better than a d-pad :D
Call me a heretic, but I still prefer the d-pad, especially for fighting games. (My thumb's not good enough to make precise movements w/the click-stick; I end up jumping when I don't intend to.)

Baconbitz

Banned
So I lost my faceplate pick. So what I wonder is if there is a way to make one or a place where I could find one online. Like I looked at the nintendo site. Its really plucking my nerves.

leroidys

Baconbitz said:
So I lost my faceplate pick. So what I wonder is if there is a way to make one or a place where I could find one online. Like I looked at the nintendo site. Its really plucking my nerves.

Paper clip works well

soldat7

Quick question: How is the ghosting on the Micro? I'm noticing it a bit more now on my DS Lite with GBA games, and I would consider the switch to the Micro for my GBA needs if ghosting was mostly eliminated.

I guess I do have another concern: screen size. I'm worried that my poor eyes will suffer due to the smaller screen...or is it really not that much smaller?

Balboa

Some more Micro <3 The pink looks alot better than my awful picture will have you believe

2n67ktk.jpg

Forgot to stick Warioware Twisted in there.

leroidys

So I've been really paring down my gaming collection, and I've finally come around. There are far more GBA games than any other system that I absolutely have to keep, and I've realized that its still my favorite handheld.

I'm tired of all these gba games rattling around in a photo box in my closet though, does anyone have suggestions for good game storage cases?

leroidys said:
So I've been really paring down my gaming collection, and I've finally come around. There are far more GBA games than any other system that I absolutely have to keep, and I've realized that its still my favorite handheld.

I'm tired of all these gba games rattling around in a photo box in my closet though, does anyone have suggestions for good game storage cases?

Get some empty DS cases from Nintendo's website and then print out boxart for 'em.

leroidys said:

Get a flash card and keep the originals in storage?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Don't think I ever showed my love here, but I got one since 3 months.

BEST HANDHELD EVER. I wish more handhelds were released that small. Do wish I could get more faceplates but my local Nintendo don't sell em.

DiGi-C said:
If only, flash cards are hard to find and when you do find one they're either too expensive or of poor quality

You never need to take it out of the slot, so what difference does it make? Also $13.00 is expensive?

randomwab

I just ordered an EZ-Flash IV last night for $25, I wouldn't consider that expensive at all, plus Mini SD cards are very cheap now too. For the convenience of not having to carry multiple carts around with me, for which I now have a small or scratch or two on my Micro from bringing both Metroid carts with it for awhile, I'm willing to pay.

Top Bottom