• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Grumps (aka Egoraptor plays some games)

Tuffty

Gal Gun has a good premise for a playthough but it's boring as fuck to go through screens and screens of text and the gameplay is just the same. Compare their enthusiasm on that to something like Devil's Third.

I really don't get the appeal of all these Japanese story games. There's no gameplay. I'm kind of glad they're not part of NormalBoots so we don't have to sit through Asago Academy. I was only able to stand like a few episodes of Continue? playing it and completely ignored BeardBros. It's.. I dunno. It's whatever. I'd rather they all get burned in a fire and never come back. Make games people!

Eh, i think thats a little short-sighted. I'm sure for most Sakura Spirit was annoying (i remember it being really divided) but it was so much funnier because they were enjoying, reacting, and the voices were funny and the 3 of them bounced each other well.

Gal Gun is void of any of that.

Also VNs are cool, don't be hatin'

The Inside playthrough sucks for me because it's a game I want to play so I avoid it like the plague. I absolutely hate when they play brand new games because of that, it's the same with the Dark Souls 3 playthrough, I can't watch that.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
And... Human Flat Fall is Arin, Ross, and Chris from Oney cartoons. I mostly hate Arin and Ross together, so I doubt that Chris is going to magically make it great.
I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. And I don't even know what the fuck is going on. It's really entertaining.

Arin went ahead and played Inside and now he's leading Dan on. Damn dude let the guy figure stuff out on his own -_-
Yeah, that bugged me too. But I guess it's better than Danny struggling on one puzzle for an episode.

I like that Danny did the two same "wrong things" that Ross did on Holly's channel. Exploring and accidentally moving the cart then trying to pull the board off the wall instead of climbing. But then he figured out the box puzzle way too fast because Arin hinted him on it. Ross and Holly were stuck on that one for a bit.

Arin went ahead and played Inside and now he's leading Dan on. Damn dude let the guy figure stuff out on his own -_-

I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. And I don't even know what the fuck is going on. It's really entertaining.

Yeah, that bugged me too. But I guess it's better than Danny struggling on one puzzle for an episode.

I like that Danny did the two same "wrong things" that Ross did on Holly's channel. Exploring and accidentally moving the cart then trying to pull the board off the wall instead of climbing. But then he figured out the box puzzle way too fast because Arin hinted him on it. Ross and Holly were stuck on that one for a bit.
Yeah, he's kind of killed the playthrough with that. He gives him like one shot maximum then essentially tells him what to do. It kind of takes the fun out of it.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yeah, he's kind of killed the playthrough with that. He gives him like one shot maximum then essentially tells him what to do. It kind of takes the fun out of it.
I really wanted him and Danny to discover the ending together. Now it's going to be like sitting there with your friend while he watches Game of Thrones with you but you already know who dies and you sit there giddily grinning while they're freaking out because they didn't see it coming.

RetroMG

Danny's reaction was pretty much exactly what I hoped for. And by that I mean it perfectly mirrored my own reaction to the end of the game.

I'm really enjoying the Rayman Legends playthrough, too. They're coming up on one of my favorite levels, too. I can't remember the name, but it feels like you're running through a Jim Henson musical number.

EDIT: I went and looked. It's Castle Rock, which is the last level of the first world.

EDIT2: Oh, I have a feeling that the Deadly Premonition playthrough is going to be goooood.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I'm kind of enjoying No Man's Sky. If only they could play it for a while. I guess it would get repetitive. But I'm enjoying Brian's scientist speak and the silly names.

Edit: Goddammit. I forgot how fucking hilarious Danny's "Welcome to GameGrumps. May I take your order?" joke was from the 67th episode of Dark Souls III. It's at the beginning of today's "Best of" episode. "A washer?"

Deadly Premonition? Please, mercy this will be like the fifth time I've watched a play through of this damn game

...and ill watch the entire thing

Isn't that right, Zach?

Rated-G

I'm kind of enjoying No Man's Sky. If only they could play it for a while. I guess it would get repetitive. But I'm enjoying Brian's scientist speak and the silly names.

Edit: Goddammit. I forgot how fucking hilarious Danny's "Welcome to GameGrumps. May I take your order?" joke was from the 67th episode of Dark Souls III. It's at the beginning of today's "Best of" episode. "A washer?"

I forgot how much I was enjoying Devil's Third because of their broken Eastern European dead pan...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
gal gun is good the way super best friends do it with matt and liam doing it in their creepy anime bullshit in which they can make alot of jokes for or at the expense of the game in one video while also ashamedly admitting their knowledge of ecchi and hentai.

Do the grumps have a new gaming room? Swear they had a different one before~ Not talking about Arins house, but between Arins house and this one.

Do the grumps have a new gaming room? Swear they had a different one before~ Not talking about Arins house, but between Arins house and this one.
Yeah. I think its the same room but remodeled to be more cozy with games and toys in the walls like Arins room, they talked about it in either Zelda or Sonic, can't remember which.

Yeah. I think its the same room but remodeled to be more cozy with games and toys in the walls like Arins room, they talked about it in either Zelda or Sonic, can't remember which.

Would've been zelda. Yeah, those light fixtures on the roof are definitely new. I remember before when they did the Q&A with the Grumps, the couch was lined up against the glass and it was painted blue~

I really hope the grumps don't quit on Deadly Premonition. There is so much good stuff in that game for them to react to.

I expect nothing good from it. Game Grumps is shit now.

Danny is funny but too focused on other projects (Thank God)
And Arin is playing a character and constantly shitting the bed on every video, God forbid his wife shows up on one.

Not because Suzie is bad. I'm not on the Suzie hate train.

It's because of how Arin acts when Suzie is around.

Have you noticed?

Have you noticed how fucking lame he is?

I could have sworn like a month or two ago they said they recently change or redid the grump room in an episode. So not sure if no location but it was definitely redone from before.

And haven't enjoyed any of the sonic episodes but the most recent made it all worthwhile.

And Arin is playing a character and constantly shitting the bed on every video, God forbid his wife shows up on one.

Have you noticed?

Nope! Not at all! But it probably would be better for you to take a break from the channel if it is causing you that much pain. Good luck finding something you like better!

Red Frost

Banned

Have you noticed?

Just watch Arin on Oneyplays then. Closer to Jon Era and Arin isn't being a try hard.

Top Bottom