• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer: Evolve (TurtleRock(L4D)/2K, PC/PS4/XB1, CryEn, 4v1 PvP) [Screenshot]

Sounds like something I'll avoid.

This generation's mantra seems to be "SHOOT SHIT WIF UR FRENDZ".

While that is fun from time to time ... it's not even remotely my focus when it comes to gaming. Ah well, there's plenty more games out there.

Good Lord, there are some crazy knee jerk responses in this thread. What the fuck are some of you basing your apparently cemented conjectures on? A screen shot and cover art? Who's to say there is only one game mode? That the game will be a full priced $60 game?

The instant hate for lots of the new games being announced with little to no info is utterly baffling. If your first response to new IP in this industry is hate, you may want to find a new goddamn hobby.

Bullshit, we know quite enough if this:

The sci-fi multiplayer-focused shooter pits a four-player crew of alien hunters against a separate player-controlled monster

is anything to go by. Some of us here don't want a "multiplayer-focused shooter" and we'll let our opinion be known. Others do. More power to them. But I won't "support new IP" if the IP in question is just more MP shooting bullshit, no matter what the gimmick attached to it is. I'd rather see a good single player focused game with an option of co-op, but they didn't say that did they? So yeah, keep announcing multiplayer focused shooter "new IP" and I'll shoot it down, it's not what I want to see in games.

Portugeezer

I wonder how many people would be complaning about this being an online only multiplayer shooter if they announced L4D3?

Not as many as it's not a new IP. I can understand the frustration of single player fans finding out the new next gen IP is an online only shooter.

Milennia

Good Lord, there are some crazy knee jerk responses in this thread. What the fuck are some of you basing your apparently cemented conjectures on? A screen shot and cover art? Who's to say there is only one game mode? That the game will be a full priced $60 game?

The instant hate for lots of the new games being announced with little to no info is utterly baffling. If your first response to new IP in this industry is hate, you may want to find a new goddamn hobby.

The video and description depicts one game mode and no mention of others.

Not an out of this world assumption tbh. The thread title depicts the same.
Also since when has a 60$ price tag had anything to do with content definitively? There are pounds of multiplayer only, single mode games, warhawk/starhawk for example.
There are even games that could be finished in 3 hours that are priced at full.

GD1551

Banned
So you are lazy and can't single out specific posters. Next time when you read a few posts on gaf try to brand the whole forum as having the same opinion

I never branded the forum as having the same opinion, I am saying it's a very popular opinion, that is all.

Because you can preorder a physical copy at Gamestop and you can guarantee that it will be $60. Just like Warhawk, Starhawk and all the other "AAA" single mode multiplayer clones out there. There's no way this would be a cover story if it wasn't a full price retail release.

People will pay. People will fucking pay.

AndyD

aka andydumi
This exactly ^

Obviously I can't talk shit until I actually see the game, but I can't see myself investing in something that as you put it, should essentially be a mode, not the core of the game.

Maybe it will also feature AI enemies that are friendly to the monster? Which could give the monster additional abilities by giving limited control over the other enemies?

No way to know right now.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
On the plus side, the character models and the fact your opponent is a huge ass alien monsters should guarantee gunplay is fast run-and-gun. World needs more legit good run-and-gun multiplayer games from new franchises.

Raide

Maybe it will also feature AI enemies that are friendly to the monster? Which could give the monster additional abilities by giving limited control over the other enemies?

No way to know right now.

Or maybe some weird DOTA thing where you create creeps based upon what you evolve from/to.

might have been posted but first thing I thought of

Total-Recall-Mars-Alien-Reactor-Hand-Switch-2.jpg

Psyched. Anything involving asymmetric multiplayer is OK with me; I love that stuff. Heck, maybe one day we'll see someone try to do something with the OGRE license for Steve Jackson games.

kiguel182

Seems promising. I like the concept of one super powered player against 4 weak ones. I hope they can pull if off.

But it's way to early to judge anything, I need some more details.

Seriously, I really hope this isn't a full price game. It would be like paying $60 for Call of Duty Search & Destroy mode, or $60 for Splinter Cell: Blacklists Spies v Mercs mode.

If it's $15 or something, I could see myself getting it because the concept is cool, but it's also such a small-scale concept that I fail to see substantial value in it.

This is oversimplifying based on the work they probably put into this game - and plenty of people would pay $60 just for Call of Duty's Team Deathmatch mode, so that invalidates the point.

The problem is that's the most popular multiplayer shooter. Its like no matter how good it is, nobody would pay $60 for those modes you named, or say something like Uncharted 3's multiplayer.

I see this title being quickly discounted and forgotten, especially considering it coming out a little too early for a really large player base in place, and its a new IP that doesn't have a super interesting hook. Kind of like Timeshift, Dark Sector, or Haze last gen..

Shinypogs

I would be all over this if it wasn't a shooter or if only one of the team used a gun and the rest used other weapon types.

It should at least be worth watching other people play a bit though.

SandTorso

Looks cool to me. I'm intrigued to see more. I guess I didn't have any high expectations for the cover, so this was a pleasant surprise. (I was expecting Fallout 4, and while I played a decent amount of Fallout 3, that didn't really excite me for some reason)

nictron

Everyone.

It's Turtle Rock. The guys who came up with the ingenious L4D mechanics, that, when brought into versus mode, were a revelation for a multiplayer shooter, and no one has been able to come up with anything as unique since.

Why would we care about single-player from these guys?

Oe_Kame_Aynga_by_Jamin95.jpg

Dartastic

Jesus people. Look at the pedigree of this studio. You fools let yourselves get way too hyped up in threads and expect every single unveil to be Half-Life 3 or something. This looks pretty interesting, and knowing who it's coming from means that the quality will definitely be there.

Man you guys sure whine like crazy. This is basically a never done before concept and I think it sounds super cool. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Top Bottom