• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Issue 237 |January 2013| - Reviews, Previews and More

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Mass Effect 3 (Best Role-Playing Downloadable Content) - Because of the DLC it gets at least one Award? WTF. It doesnt even deserve one.
Mark of the Ninja (Best Downloadable Game) - Actually i stopped reading after seeing this. Why is it the best Downloadable Game? Because it was XBLA exclusive for a few weeks? Because its "awesome". Its good yeah but nothing else.

I read that as Best Roleplaying and Best DLC, since they don't have any other Best Roleplaying awards.

It would also be kind of weird to have an award for best RPG DLC and no award for best DLC in any other genre.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Just what was better this year?

Was SpaceChem this year? (doesn't matter, SpaceChem wins every year)

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

What the heck?? LOL, I would have picked another Tales of for this spot (Graces F). Anyways nice to see Asura's Wrath, Dust, Journey, VLR, and FFXIII-2 (underrated as FUCK) represented, along with of course Xenoblade. Seems this year the games press is starting to remember that there exists stuff outside of the big-budget western channels (like indie games, Japanese games, and niche smaller budget western games). Hopefully this becomes something of a trend.

New Super Mario Bros. U - 9.25/10 (Game of the Month)

bullshit.

Despite its sterile, barely attractive look, its abominable soundtrack, NSMBU has it where it counts for a platformer: spot-on controls, genius level design, and maybe the most significant addition to the NSMB series, Challenges (which acknowledge the current success of instant-replay indie platformers ). It's not a bad package by any means, it should not be a controversial choice for game of the month.

Top Bottom