• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Rumor: Xbox 720 and PS4 to be revealed around GDC in March

Iacobellis

I imagine BF4 would scale up a bit (like 64 players and improved settings at least).

But yeah it still has to have core functionality on the last platforms.

I wouldn't mind the game with similar visuals but running at 60FPS. Make BF5 the true next gen. experience.

There will be no march reveal.

This is how they getcha. They dangle that announcement carrot and say it's only a few months out. When the fabled time comes, they pull the carrot back!

Atleast the wait until march and being dissapointed in no news is more bearable than waiting until June and knowing for certain there will be no news until then.

Az

Even though I have a hard time believing we'll get something in March, I won't complain if we do.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I always felt both Sony and MS would hold press events on their own for reveals instead of at the increasingly irrelevant E3. This falls more in line with that.

I still think its a bit earlier than I expect, but I can't complain. The earlier the hype machine gets rolling, the better.

There will be no march reveal.

This is how they getcha. They dangle that announcement carrot and say it's only a few months out. When the fabled time comes, they pull the carrot back!

Atleast the wait until march and being dissapointed in no news is more bearable than waiting until June and knowing for certain there will be no news until then.

I would love for GDC to be the reveal. E3 is enough of a mess that I hope they don't wait that long. They need to have the reveal before hand and then focus on games, defining some features and a release window at E3.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I would love for GDC to be the reveal. E3 is enough of a mess that I hope they don't wait that long. They need to have the reveal before hand and then focus on games, defining some features and a release window at E3.

It's bad enough when all the games get dumped on at once... let me tell you. Everyone decides to release assets all at the same time lol.

.GqueB.

Banned
Exciting year!

E7ecc.gif

Oh shit it's Ryan Davis in a red blazer.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
It's bad enough when all the games get dumped on at once... let me tell you. Everyone decides to release assets all at the same time lol.
Tell me about it. Last year regarding this was a mess, I expect it to be a nightmare to handle and distribute assets this year. Not to mention updating the E3 thread (I've already started working on it a bit). If you allowed a few basic HTML scripts here, it could become drastically easier to create and maintain certain threads.

Anyway, I hope too that the release of information will come in intervals and that E3 will be mainly about the games (at least at the press conferences).

I can see it right now...

Microsoft Conference. "We're happy to announce the nextbox in the xbox family. Please welcome Gabe Newell!"

Gaben: "This. Is not an Xbox. This. Is Steambox!"

*internet explodes*

THE:MILKMAN

I guess two things haven't helped with these up coming consoles. 1, they have both decided to wait till year of release to announce and 2 leak management worked too well.

Now they have a ton of stuff to do/share/devs desperate to reveal games and not a lot of time/space to do it. On top of this, their competitor is in exactly the same boat.

If the PS4 does launch this year, is there some secret first party launch title in development that we don't know anything about yet? The 720 has Destiny, but what does Sony have? They wouldn't just rely on multiplatform stuff from the get go right?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If the PS4 does launch this year, is there some secret first party launch title in development that we don't know anything about yet? The 720 has Destiny, but what does Sony have? They wouldn't just rely on multiplatform stuff from the get go right?
I think that's pretty much a given. Has there been a console in recent memory without first party offerings at launch?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

They've had a lot of studios working on unannounced titles for some time now.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They've had a lot of studios working on unannounced titles for some time now.

Guerrilla's two console teams, Naughty Dog's second team, Polyphony, Santa Monica's second team, Media Molecule's primary team, whatever Sucker Punch is doing.

Really that's only about half of it too, but I'm not trying to make a list, and instead just noting that they have a lot of options.

I'm guessing that both MS and Sony have secret first party new IPs in the works for their nextgen consoles. Those are the types of games I'd imagine would be revealed at E3, and pushed really hard at E3 to sell systems.

Probably the multiplatform publishers like EA, Ubisoft and Activision might want to have some time of their own for any nextgen or cross generational games they have in the works for the fall. So if GDC is for hardware unveils, then April-May is when 3rd parties get more attention for their nextgen games, so they're not swallowed up and buried during E3 amidst any big first party games being revealed for the first time.

Lime

I can see it right now...

Microsoft Conference. "We're happy to announce the nextbox in the xbox family. Please welcome Gabe Newell!"

Gaben: "This. Is not an Xbox. This. Is Steambox!"

*internet explodes*

I would prepare the tar and feathers.

Iacobellis

Did the PS1 use an exotic chipset like the PS2 and PS3 did? Or were the Emotion Engine and Cell + RSX the only times this happened?

I'm sure they have some big exclusives available at launch. Don't worry. Maybe Killzone 4 or a new IP from the Dutch first party developer Guerilla Games? It has been long time since we've heard from them.

Or a racing game from Evolution Studios that shows what the PS4 is capable of?

New Jak & Daxter from Naughty Dog? It can be anything. ;)

Hindle

Banned
Perfect Dark as a launch title would be a great way to reintroduce the series again. It worked out well for the 360 and if they supported the game, they would have another AAA FPS franchise on thier hands.

I can't wait to see them and their games. Would be interesting if Sony did launch first. Can't wait to see what Naughty Dog has in store and with increased power, the next LBP should have some crazy new create tools. Dunno if I'll get a PS4 at launch, especially since I fear some really bad glitches with a more powerful hardware, but within a year for sure.

They should do Apple style press conferences. Fuck E3.

Couldn't agree more. Glad Nintendo's doing this atleast

True, holding back reveals for E3 is stupid.
Which is ironic since the only reveals for this E3 was Beyond, Wonderbook, and Watch Dogs. (Unless I'm forgetting some, which I may.) E3 doesn't even have reveals anymore.

Bend's version of console Uncharted. Just guessing.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Gimme a perfect port of Crysis 1 for a possible Durango/Orbis/PC collection.

931665_73146_front.jpg

I woud love to see the improved Cryengine 3 version (console version) of Crysis released for both next gen consoles and PC.

Crysis 1 enhanced with DX11 water tesselation, subsurface scattering, local reflections, bokeh DoF, tesselation, etc would be freaking amazing. (Along with all the other enhancements and performance improvements already implemented)

Also, port Warhead with the same treatment as well.

Top Bottom