• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game is cancelled after it's released -- Ashes Cricket 2013

Fezan

426px-CR%27s_Packshot.jpg

Heard this game was very good. it was an indie cricket game . much better than ashes at that time
Steam link it has demo and only $3 if you like it

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Insane, I cannot imagine how this got the go-ahead from anyone involved, I imagine the discs have to be pressed by now if they expected a December 5th release date.

Just noticed this on the dev's wikipedia page too, thought it was a bit funny.

Ah, I didn't even realise the game hasn't released at retail yet. I think the Steam version unlocked 2 or 3 days ago.

Did JaseC manage to secure a copy?

Let's just say that my impulsive purchasing habits have been vindicated. ;)

Ah, I didn't even realise the game hasn't released at retail yet. I think the Steam version unlocked 2 or 3 days ago.

Let's just say that my impulsive purchasing habits have been vindicated. ;)

EB games lists it as December 5th, I am unsure if that's true though, it could be an arbitrary date.

TheZjman

Banned
Is this the same 505 Games who said the Wii U would get the best version of Sniper Elite V2 only for it to arrive with none of DLC or co-op?

Not surprised, if so.

RaikuHebi

Banned
The general ignorance just annoys me, But at least it's hilarious to see their outsider's perspective on the sport itself.
It's not like we'd be any better with American nuances. :p well perhaps slightly better due to Neo-Colonialism.

I actually find their ignorance of British stuff cool, it helps view ourselves from the outside like how we view Americans.

Also for whatever reason it's kind of shocking to find out people have never heard of Monster Munch before, for example lol. I think with Americans and other English speaking countries it's more shocking because of the language similarity.

Someone, somewhere, who bought this, is loving the fuck out of this game.
In an internet cafe in South Asia loool.

Isn't Cricket pretty huge in a number of countries? Wouldn't it be in EA or someone else's best interest to make a quality game that does well in those select territories, kind of like NHL?

Chronoja

Retail too. Assuming the game is Steamworks, it's for this reason that I don't think 505 will remove it from everybody's account -- people would buy a physical copy and return home only to find the key activates... nothing.

Is the game steamworks though? I haven't read anything that suggests that it is.

bomma_man

Isn't Cricket pretty huge in a number of countries? Wouldn't it be in EA or someone else's best interest to make a quality game that does well in those select territories, kind of like NHL?

Once the Indian middle class is large enough, sure, it could be almost as big as FIFA.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
EB games lists it as December 5th, I am unsure if that's true though, it could be an arbitrary date.

JB HiFi's page just says "Coming Soon" so at the very least it's certainly not out just yet despite the Steam version being unlocked.

Is the game steamworks though? I haven't read anything that suggests that it is.

I don't know, which is why I was assuming. I can't find any indicators as to what DRM solution retail copies use.

Zapages

I would have thought the market for a decent cricket game would be huge in India.

JoV

There have been rumors of big issues going on behind the scenes at Trickstar for a while.

This was going to be a disaster ever since the point it was pulled about two days before its initial release back in time for the last Ashes series in July. Since then the devs said nothing, till the game suddenly appeared on Steam last week.

Really, really, dubious stuff going.

stilgar

Phoenix Games died soon after I stopped buying their shit to upload to YouTube. It's all my fault! :( No but really, they went under a few years ago, right before they were due to release their first batch of Wii 'games'. One of the greatest losses in the industry.

Oh man :( That hurts.

Thank you for the laugh, sweet Phoenix.

I'm sure you will rise again !

HOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZATHOWZAT
Glad I'm not the only one who did this. That game was excellent.

Sign that I am a 'Murrican: I have no idea why this is funny.

He's bowling/pitching way too close to him. You would never be stupid enough in real life to bowl/pitch from that close because it's not allowed. You're supposed to do it behind the white line on the ground.

iosef

He's bowling/pitching way too close to him. You would never be stupid enough in real life to bowl/pitch from that close because it's not allowed. You're supposed to do it behind the white line on the ground.

Thank you. My cultural education for the day (on this Thanksgiving holiday).

Haunted

So the devs wasted 2 years of their life and aren't getting payed at all?
I'm sure the employees received their monthly salaries as usual. People gotta eat after all.

That said, consider this to be like a construction company tasked to build an office building. Turns out it looks like shit, doesn't have any windows... or doors. And then it collapses on opening day.

Bonuses will most likely not be handed out.

Haunted

There was a spell of cricket sims (not counting ICC which is more like a cricket manager) in the late 90s which were fun but v buggy and basic. Then the ones that appeared around the 05 Ashes series again were good fun.

I was hoping this one would at least be playable for some semi-nostalgic goodness but I guess not :(

Screen3.JPG

Screen2.JPG

http://youtu.be/UM1nTPvcbuM

Cricket world cup 99 was my favourite (on PC)

Spin bowling was so good.
14 years old and it looks only slightly worse graphically and animation-wise than this game from 2013. Also less broken.

Pretty embarrassing. :lol

Top Bottom