• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talka

Lot of book talk happening in this no-book-talk thread.

I don't think the show's given any indication Dany can't bear children.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
From Reddit

BNNfLow.png

I remember thinking, "Man, Daario is being such a dick to Jorah" but after the final, you really understood why those scenes were there. He thought he was hot shit cause he's with Dany and that Jorah is this poor old fuck who loves someone and they don't love him back but as we saw at the end, Dany cares more about Jorah than she has ever cared for Daario.

Matty77

Lot of book talk happening in this no-book-talk thread.

I don't think the show's given any indication Dany can't bear children.
As someone who hasn't read the books and made note of book talk I am pretty sure the witch said something that rhymed about how the sun sets and bearing children and Dany repeats it at some point, but I could be wrong and picked it up by osmosis.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
As someone who hasn't read the books and made note of book talk I am pretty sure the witch said something that rhymed about how the sun sets and bearing children and Dany repeats it at some point, but I could be wrong and picked it up by osmosis.

I honestly think that was in relation to Khal Drogo. I vaguely remember Dany asking something in regards to him, and then the witch making that reply. The thing she repeats is to Khal Not-Drogo when he mentions something about banging her. It could be symbolic and not literal.

Einchy

Are you guys talking about this?

Dany: When will he be as he was?

Witch: When the sun rises in the west, sets in the east.
When the seas go dry.
When the mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

Nameless

It could be a metaphor right? Like only a man who can love her like Drogo did, will she bear children for. So she comes to Westeros, breaks the wheel, and then goes and retires in Mereen?

Her best hope is that Fire God you like to mock restoring her, otherwise it seems the future of the Targaryen bloodline rests on Jon.

Heshinsi

Are you guys talking about this?

Dany: When will he be as he was?

Witch: When the sun rises in the west, sets in the east.
When the seas go dry.
When the mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

Yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLpvLlrlFgc

To me it seems like she has forsaken love, and it's not that she is barren but that no one will ever replace Khal Drogo. She's never told that she's barren, it's about the Khal. Everything she repeats later goes back to this moment.
Her best hope is that Fire God you like to mock restoring her, otherwise it seems the future of the Targaryen bloodline rests on Jon.

And what's the price, how many children does your Lord wish for sacrifice? lol

Matty77

I honestly think that was in relation to Khal Drogo. I vaguely remember Dany asking something in regards to him, and then the witch making that reply. The thing she repeats is to Khal Not-Drogo when he mentions something about banging her. It could be symbolic and not literal.
Makes sense, must have jumbled it up with those that have done book talk. Thanks for the clarification.

Dai101

Banned
From Reddit

BNNfLow.png

I remember thinking, "Man, Daario is being such a dick to Jorah" but after the final, you really understood why those scenes were there. He thought he was hot shit cause he's with Dany and that Jorah is this poor old fuck who loves someone and they don't love him back but as we saw at the end, Dany cares more about Jorah than she has ever cared for Daario.

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-o.gif

"So, you're telling me there's a chance?"

Somebody shop Jorah.

Disgraced

From Reddit

http://i.imgur.com/BNNfLow.png

That or she's gotten better at saying goodbye. Probably both.

duckroll

Daario is a handsome, strong, young man, who has an entire company of mercenaries in his command, and has successfully courted the Mother of Dragons into bed. His cup is full. Dany knows that rejecting him in the end will simply be one small hurtful memory in his life.

Jorah is an old man filled with regret for poor life decisions and has an incurable disease. He wants nothing more than to make amends for his mistakes by serving her hoping that one day she will return his affection. She knows that rejecting him again would destroy him.

Heshinsi

Is Jon's real name Aegon? I could swear when Lyanna whispers in Ned's ear she says "His name is Aegon".

That's close to what I heard (Aejon) as well. Hmm, Lyanna Stark giving her son a Targaryen name. I bet Robert is rolling in his grave lol. "But, but, he kidnapped her! He raped her!"

I think Raegar already has a son named Aegon in the show. I would laugh if they actually named him Azor Ahai.

True, he already had a son named Aegon. I think she definitely says "His name is..." it's the actual name that I can't make out but the way her lips move it does look like she says Aegon.

aBarreras

The faith of the seven:

Father, Mother, Warrior, Maiden, Crone, Smith, Stranger

Sam, Dany, Jon, Brienne/Sansa, Meli, ???, Ayra

i started to think and since dany is the mother of dragons, and jon is a targaryen as well, he should be the father, soo it would be like

Father: Jon
Mother: Daenerys
Warrior: The Hound
Maiden: Brienne(Sansa is no longer a maiden)
Crone: Melisandre
Smith: Gendry
Stranger: Arya

I'm sure it's been asked & answered already, but does anyone know the name of the track for the music from the beginning of episode 10?

Edit: Never mind! Of all places to find it out, the YouTube comments on inside the episode gave me what I needed. :D

The piece is 'Light of the Seven' in case anyone else is wondering.

Corpekata

Banned
The Smith (if this idea actually has any merit) is more likely Sam since he's going to find a way to deal with the WW / might even literally discover the secret of smithing Dragonglass / Valyrian Steel.

I think a lot of people will welcome Dany as a liberator that got rid of the mad queen at this point :)

Yeah, the sparrows getting blown up and Tommen's suicide will do wonders for Dany.

The people of KL just lost the rulers they loved and are now being ruled by the murderer. They'll embrace anyone that wants to come and take over.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i started to think and since dany is the mother of dragons, and jon is a targaryen as well, he should be the father, soo it would be like

Father: Jon
Mother: Daenerys
Warrior: The Hound
Maiden: Brienne(Sansa is no longer a maiden)
Crone: Melisandre
Smith: Gendry
Stranger: Arya

i think something like this is best left to ambiguity. And honestly if the Seven are real i hope they are kept low key and similar to real world deities and miracles. Like i would be happy with that Altar that the Sept was founded on (the one the High Sparrow talks about) somehow survives the devastation intact. To the faithful it would be a confirmation that the Seven didnt abandon them.. to others it would just be a coincidence. In world building terms such a thing might even spark a reformation of sorts or even a schism.

oti

Banned
Recommendations for videos that connect all the dots together so far? I've seen some fan theories but idnrather see someone go back and say "See this scene? Now look at this scene 4 seasons ahead and see what it actually means" kinda stuff.

I would also appreciate if there was an app or something that would show the place if every character in real time during each episode or something.

Lamel

Banned
I actually really want to see some episodes on the rebellion before all the events that we have seen in the show. I really enjoyed the Tower of Joy flashback and would like to see the death of Ned's Brother/Father, Rhaegar v. Robert etc.

Mimosa97

Man I've just watched episode 9 and I felt super uncomfortable during the battle scene. I had to skip the last part of the battle because I was starting to feel claustrophobic. I thought it was horrible. I've watched a lot of war movies and never felt like this. Ugh.

So yeah I basically don't know what happened between the moment the wildlings started to retreat and Jon got knocked down and the moment the knights of the vale saved the day but eh I guess I didn't miss much.

Edit : Oh yeah I forgot to ask something. Does anyone know the name of the actress who plays the high septa (the one who was chained by Cersei) ?

HMD

Man I've just watched episode 9 and I felt super uncomfortable during the battle scene. I had to skip the last part of the battle because I was starting to feel claustrophobic. I thought it was horrible. I've watched a lot of war movies and never felt like this. Ugh.

So yeah I basically don't know what happened between the moment the wildlings started to retreat and Jon got knocked down and the moment the knights of the vale saved the day but eh I guess I didn't miss much.

Why would you do that?

correojon

So was Ned´s sister kidnapped and raped? I´m surprised by people in this thread implying she went Targaryen willingly, is there any evidence to support this?

Heshinsi

So was Ned´s sister kidnapped and raped? I´m surprised by people in this thread implying she went Targaryen willingly, is there any evidence to support this?

She gave her son a Targ name, what do you think? Plus, Ser Barriston states that Rhaegar was an amazing person, loved by the common people and he loved them. Doesn't appear to be a kidnap and rape type of guy. Ned never once says anything disparaging about him, even though we have scenes where Robert acts like he is villainous. Also, Ser Barriston doesn't seem like the type to lie about someone, and he told Dany he was the finest man he's ever known.

Einchy

It's just a logical conclusion since everything about the official story is a bunch of bullshit.

We know for a fact that Rhaegar didn't kill her, as we've seen and he cared enough about her to send the best knights he had to go protect her, even when he needed it more than her. We've also been told that he was a very good person who was loved by the people, so this guy probably isn't the type to kidnap someone.

It's very likely that Lyanna and Rhaegar loved each other more than they did their partners and decided to run off together.

Mimosa97

Why would you do that?

Do what ? Skip that part of the battle ? Because I'm kinda claustrophobic and have a phobia of crowds. Being trapped in a crowd and not being able to move or getting trampled is prob my biggest fear so yeah I felt super uncomfortable watching them trying to get ouf of the pit so I just skipped that part. I don't know what I missed but I don't think I missed much.

duckroll

She gave her son a Targ name, what do you think?

Jon isn't a Targ name. They deliberately blocked out Lyanna naming the baby. Could have been "His name is RhaegarRapedMeTwice..." for all we know.

Plus, Ser Barriston states that Rhaegar was an amazing person, loved by the common people and he loved them. Doesn't appear to be a kidnap and rape type of guy.

That's what they say about footballers too.

Ned never once says anything disparaging about him, even though we have scenes where Robert acts like he is villainous.

Ned never said anything good about him either. In fact, I don't think Ned ever talked about him, period.

Also, Ser Barriston doesn't seem like the type to lie about someone, and he told Dany he was the finest man he's ever known.

Barriston lied, Barriston died.

Einchy

Barristan was the second most honorable man in Westeros, right behind Ned. He didn't lie about The Mad King to Dany, even though she believed that all The Mad King stuff was propaganda, he told her straight up that it was all true.

duckroll

Barristan was the second most honorable man in Westeros, right behind Ned. He didn't lie about The Mad King to Dany, even though she believed that all The Mad King stuff was propaganda, he told her straight up that it was all true.

He lied about being a good fighter and tactician, who knows what else he lied about. Did you see how he died like a little bitch running into the chokepoint like a noob? Bet he didn't even get those Kingsguard achievements on his own, probably hacked or loaned his account to someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom