• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The showrunners, in the inside the episode bit that airs after every episode, also said that Littlefinger didn't know about Ramsay's tendencies.

Do you remember which episode it was by any chance? I was trying to see if they did say anything and watched a few of them surrounding those episodes but had no luck.

So its ok to leave the spoilertag away from now, right?

There is nothing to spoil at this point unless you're a book reader then definitely don't post anything.

Don't know why spoiler tags aren't working for you though. Did you try to manually type them in?

You can try to quote, copy and paste this

Volimar

Do you remember which episode it was by any chance? I was trying to see if they did say anything and watched a few of them surrounding those episodes but had no luck.

Umm, whichever one was the one where they had the secret meeting. Sorry I don't keep track of numbers and titles very often.

televator

LOL! Earlier in the week, I was just thinking how great it is that Sophie and Maise are BFFs. They shoot the show and have fun together off set. It's so authentic too. Not like your typical mega star "friendships."

Hey folks, we're two weeks past the finale, so both threads are getting moved over to the Community Forum for the off season. Feel free to make new threads in Off Topic for any major news of import (big roles cast, trailers, etc...). When we are one week away from the S7 season premiere, the new OT can go up.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Night gathers, and now my watch begins.

This season was a ton of fun, not only because the show was so good but because of how active the thread was, can't wait for next year.
ni3M9Ir.gif

So I'm really LTTP with Game of Thrones, and having watched it all in the last few weeks, my wife and I are just coming to the end of Season 5. Can anyone tell me the best way to watch Season 6 short of buying the DVDs (or BDs)? Preferably legitimate. I'm in the UK.

this_guy

So I'm really LTTP with Game of Thrones, and having watched it all in the last few weeks, my wife and I are just coming to the end of Season 5. Can anyone tell me the best way to watch Season 6 short of buying the DVDs (or BDs)? Preferably legitimate. I'm in the UK.

Is HBO now available in the UK? Here in the US it's $15/month and all seasons of Game of Thrones is available for streaming. You can binge watch and then cancel.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is HBO now available in the UK? Here in the US it's $15/month and all seasons of Game of Thrones is available for streaming. You can binge watch and then cancel.

If it's anything like HBO Canada, he'll have to subscribe to one of his country's cable provider for the basic access, THEN subscribe to HBO. If his cable provider is good enough, he could be streaming it from their website like I did(although the episodes were only available Tuesday mornings that way). There's no HBO Now for us.

Rodhull

HBO Now isn't available in the UK as Sky signed a massive deal with them to get pretty much all their new content. I watched the new series on Now TV but I'm pretty sure most of the episodes are already gone.

It may be available on Sky boxsets if you're a sky subscriber but if not I think you'll likely have to buy the episodes individually from somewhere like iTunes, Google play or Amazon.

I hated season 5. It was some of the worst television in recent memory I forced myself to sit through as I usually turn off if it is bad,even Hardhome that people seemed to love I thought was fucking dumb. I was so close to giving up and not watching this latest series, but had recorded them all and heard 6 was a big improvement, and because I loved the books so much I decided to give it another shot.

I watched the last two episodes last night, wow, what a massive improvement. It's like night and day. There was an actual build up, a through line of story, the fights were well choreographed and didn't feel shoehorned in. Just great all around.

Season 1 is still my favourite, but 6 is a close second now. It has brought me back on board.

rothgar

One thing I thought was missing from S6 was a scene where John tells Sansa that he was revived. It kinda just seemed that Sansa just blindly accepted this pretty important development off screen. After they meet up she's just telling him to leave the Night's Watch caused they killed him and that's it.

Gurrry

Im not sure where to post this, but this is a good of a place as any for the time being.

My friend is having this extremely weird issue with HBO Go on xbox one when he watches any Game of Thrones episode.

It cuts out all the audio of the dialogue spoken by the characters, but all the sound effects in the background are still in tact.

Here is the video he uploaded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyIHnqAzGYY

He has tried everything. New HDMI cable, deleting and reinstalling HBO Go, hard resetting the xb1, changing audio settings, etc.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? Its so bizarre that all of the background audio and sound effects are there, but not any of the spoken dialogue. Any tips?

Crispy75

Im not sure where to post this, but this is a good of a place as any for the time being.

My friend is having this extremely weird issue with HBO Go on xbox one when he watches any Game of Thrones episode.

It cuts out all the audio of the dialogue spoken by the characters, but all the sound effects in the background are still in tact.

Here is the video he uploaded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyIHnqAzGYY

He has tried everything. New HDMI cable, deleting and reinstalling HBO Go, hard resetting the xb1, changing audio settings, etc.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? Its so bizarre that all of the background audio and sound effects are there, but not any of the spoken dialogue. Any tips?

I don't have an xbone so couldn't tell you where to go in settings, but it'll be something to do with surround sound. All the dialogue is on the center channel, which you won't hear if you only get the L and R channels.

Gurrry

I don't have an xbone so couldn't tell you where to go in settings, but it'll be something to do with surround sound. All the dialogue is on the center channel, which you won't hear if you only get the L and R channels.

That is so strange. Ill see if maybe there is a setting on his TV for that.

However, this only happens with Game of Thrones. He is able to watch any other HBO show just fine with the current settings.

Is it something that only GoT does?

Half way done with the finale and damn. Didn't enjoy seeing Margery die...Dormer was so damn hot, Enjoyed seeing the Elder Tyrell in Dorne, she's got no patience for the sand snakes and Varys, nice to see him back. Dario can join Lord Friendzone in a bar and drink whining about Dany. Finally that old decrepit piece of shit Walder is dead and the last thing he ate were his kids, lovely. Love how it tied into the rat king story from all those seasons ago. Loved the actors portrayal of him though. Damn, they're balls pretty much just dropped off and exited out the front door as they were getting ethered by a 12 year old girl.

PR from HBO. Confirms Summer 2017 start date, directors, and 7 episodes for S7:
HBO said:
The Emmy®- and Golden Globe-winning series GAME OF THRONES will begin shooting its next season later this summer, it was announced today by Casey Bloys, president, HBO programming. Production of the seven-episode seventh season will be based in Northern Ireland, while additional portions will be filmed in Spain and Iceland, with debut slated for summer 2017 on HBO.

“Now that winter has arrived on GAME OF THRONES, executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss felt that the storylines of the next season would be better served by starting production a little later than usual, when the weather is changing,” said Bloys. “Instead of the show’s traditional spring debut, we’re moving the debut to summer to accommodate the shooting schedule.”

Season seven directors will include Mark Mylod, Jeremy Podeswa, Matt Shakman and Alan Taylor.

Locations for shooting in Spain will include Sevilla, Caceres, Almodovar del Rio, Santiponce, Zumaia and Bermeo.

Last week, GAME OF THRONES received 23 Primetime Emmy® nominations, the most of any nominee for the third year in a row. This year’s nominations include Outstanding Drama Series, 2 for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington), 3 for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Emilia Clarke, Lena Headey, Maisie Williams), Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series (Max von Sydow), 2 for Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series (Miguel Sapochnik, Jack Bender) and Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series (David Benioff and D.B. Weiss).

Season seven credits: The executive producers of GAME OF THRONES are David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Carolyn Strauss, Frank Doelger and Bernadette Caulfield; co-executive producers, Guymon Casady, Vince Gerardis, George R.R. Martin and Bryan Cogman; producers, Chris Newman, Greg Spence and Lisa McAtackney.

Ricky_R

Finally finished!!

Man, what a great season this was. Episode 9 is one of the best episodes I've ever seen and it has been years since I was as tense and immersed with a battle like the one in this episode. From the moment they meet in the middle (don't know the historical term for that) and actual battle, to the last encounter between Snow and Bulton. Such a great scene from beginning to end.

Not to mention the pretty satisfying hound feast in the end. At last!! The Starks are enjoying some form of satisfaction since the beginning of this damn show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom