• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I thought you meant the threat of the White Walkers, not just the weather. Sure, the weather would carry over to some degree. I'm not sure how much the White Walkers amplify the effect of winter in Westeros, and how much that would carry across the sea.

Yeah, no idea either. That's why I asked if Winter brought the WW's or if the WW's brought the winter.

Actually, about those winters.

Remember when the Children of the Forrest (CoTF) created the Night King? It was all green, it wasn't winter, it was more of a tundra environment, if that at all.

With the little info we have...Good point.

It works like an RPG probably. Here's a desert, and over here for no reason is a jungle next to the frozen lands.

I don't think so since the long night devastated more than just the North. Plus, how many RPG games do we have where seasons change?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
do we know who the harpy is?

These guys?

DVL2GEC.jpg

Khaz

Night walkers can't cross liquid water. Pretty sure the northern part of the narrow sea will freeze if they are undefeated and allowed to move south.

Ferrio

Banned
If the long winter isn't actually all that dangerous, I'm surprised they've been so scared of it for 6 seasons.

Winter is coming! It will be a minor inconvenience to our way of life.

It's more than a minor inconvenience. Ya there isn't always undead walking around, but it's a huge amount of time where you can't grow food, and the weather is cold and miserable.

Nameless

Ever since Old Nan's story I've been wondering if The Long Night will come with this Winter in the show. The production is already as much as they can handle without having to film all exterior scenes at night.

Kinyou

Man, the effects were really stellar this episode. Don't think I have ever seen a movie or show where the horses crashed into each other like this.

Aurongel

Ever since Old Nan's story I've been wondering if The Long Night will come with this Winter in the show. The production is already as much as they can handle without having to film all exterior scenes at night.
Day for night shooting.

You can count on that, happens on television all the time.

What they can do in post is quite amazing. Ppl dont realize how much lighting there is during "night/dark" scenes.

Perfect natural light only happens twice a day. Everything else needs to be artificial if i remwmbwr correctly.

Crispy75

What they can do in post is quite amazing. Ppl dont realize how much lighting there is during "night/dark" scenes.

Perfect natural light only happens twice a day. Everything else needs to be artificial if i remwmbwr correctly.

If you're shooting outdoors in sun, you either need to film at the same time every day, or bring very bright lights with you to make sure the main lighting on characters' faces stays in the same place. You don't notice it so much with backgrounds, but if the lighting angle on faces jumps around from cut to cut, you notice it.

I think it's finally going to happen...Dany is making her way to Westeros by the end of next episode.

Unfortunately, I still think we're gonna have to wait some more for
R+L=J

Neospartan

Neo Member
I think it's finally going to happen...Dany is making her way to Westeros by the end of next episode.

Unfortunately, I still think we're gonna have to wait some more for
R+L=J

I think I heard somewhere that Young Ned was cast for Episode 10, and Bran appears there too. So... I don't think we'll have to wait too much.

I don't know why I care, but Sansa from Episode 9 still annoys me. Especially the part of her being grumpy that no one wanted her insight, though she wouldn't speak up to give it. I think it bugs me how much she claims to have known Ramsay and the games he plays. Did he ever play games with her that we saw? If anyone, Theon was the one he played crazy games with. Like releasing him just to capture him again. What he did to Sansa was straight up torture, but games?

I dunno. Just being weird...Maybe I don't remember some of it.

Einchy

It's terrible for agriculture too. An all year long winter would definitely lead to famines and that's never good.

Wanna say there was a scene or two early in season 1 where they talked about the food reserves in King's Landing.

When can we expect to see Jon Stark?
There is a part of me that hopes he remains a Snow. There's a beauty in not aligning himself with a house, even though he is a Stark, since he surely is going to represent everyone in the fight against the white walkers. Be they Stark, Lannister, whatever.

Am I the only one who wasn't very satisfied with Jon hopping on Ramsay and giving him a smackdown? The punches didn't feel like they had much weight to them, and it didn't give me much feeling. The ending with dogs though...dat was good.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Was there any talk of Dorne? There are no slaves in chains, absolutely no reason at all for them to even consider stopping there unless I'm forgetting something.

Also, don't forget that Varys went off somewhere in Westeros to try and recruit an ally, who knows who that could be.

Plus I don't think the North will step up to prevent Dany from taking the throne, they will not sacrifice greater numbers knowing what the real threat is. Not to mention the likelihood of there even being a crown by the time Dany gets there is slim.

If the rumors and speculation are true. Then she will arrive there as she saw back in season 2. The Red Keep will be burnt, and she will end up in the North at The Wall just as she saw in her vision, hallucination or whatever it was.

This is when she was looking for her dragons, right before she found Khal Drogo and her son right? I totally forgot she was behind the wall.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
There is a part of me that hopes he remains a Snow. There's a beauty in not aligning himself with a house, even though he is a Stark, since he surely is going to represent everyone in the fight against the white walkers. Be they Stark, Lannister, whatever.

Yeah he could make 'Snow' an honourable name, although I'm not sure how it would work considering every other bastard in the North gets that last name. It would be nice to see him build something for himself, especially considering the shift in politics happening right now with women taking charge.

zma1013

This episode was really great. I love the way it was filmed, I loved the creativity in some of the scenes with the piles of bodies, the battle tactics, all of that stuff. It was pretty great stuff. Jon was a little lucky idiot with a bunch of plot armor but it made for a grand spectacle piece and one of the coolest battle scenes in the show.

Jon sure made a mess of things and that's fine and in character with his bullheaded stubbornness, but I hope his remaining men and the other characters bitch at him about this. He lead his army off plan, so perhaps he probably shouldn't be the one leading anymore, I dunno.

I still don't necessarily buy the writing for Sansa, seemingly for no reason, not telling Jon about the reinforcements. The show just didn't seem to give me a reason as to why she wouldn't tell him. I'm hoping I missed something here.

I'm hoping that in the next episode that features the Winterfell gang again, that they at least address some of this.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Was there any talk of Dorne? There are no slaves in chains, absolutely no reason at all for them to even consider stopping there unless I'm forgetting something.

Also, don't forget that Varys went off somewhere in Westeros to try and recruit an ally, who knows who that could be.

Plus I don't think the North will step up to prevent Dany from taking the throne, they will not sacrifice greater numbers knowing what the real threat is. Not to mention the likelihood of there even being a crown by the time Dany gets there is slim.

If the rumors and speculation are true. Then she will arrive there as she saw back in season 2. The Red Keep will be burnt, and she will end up in the North at The Wall just as she saw in her vision, hallucination or whatever it was.

Wildfire gonna fuck up the red keep.

Vire

Anyone else dissapointed how defeated a depressed Cersei is all the time now?

I hope she's scheming something big.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the books or the show, but what happens if a bastard marries a woman of a noble house?

Let's take something random, like Jon marrying Dany. Would he legally become a Targaryen, or would he still keep his surname?

Einchy

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the books or the show, but what happens if a bastard marries a woman of a noble house?

Let's take something random, like Jon marrying Dany. Would he legally become a Targaryen, or would he still keep his surname?

That's scandalous!

I felt weird how Sansa was talking to Jon as well. It feels off, like she is using him. Maybe I am taking it wrong. Like she didn't care about her brother, just defeating Ramsey. Why didn't she tell him about the troops and being snappy with him in the tent the night before.

MartyStu

I felt weird how Sansa was talking to Jon as well. It feels off, like she is using him. Maybe I am taking it wrong. Like she didn't care about her brother, just defeating Ramsey. Why didn't she tell him about the troops and being snappy with him in the tent the night before.

She has trust issues. At least that is what the writers are trying to convey. They did so very, very poorly.

As for her being snappy, Jon was ignoring really good advice.

DjRalford

Anyone else dissapointed how defeated a depressed Cersei is all the time now?

I hope she's scheming something big.

Cersei is planning to destroy everyone, looking forward to seeing what she does now that
trail by combat has been outlawed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom