• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Not sure if it's been mentioned in the books or the show, but what happens if a bastard marries a woman of a noble house?

Let's take something random, like Jon marrying Dany. Would he legally become a Targaryen, or would he still keep his surname?

Imagine if he was legally a Targ all along. If R really did knock up L and they were in love, them being married in secret isn't far fetched. Aegon the Conqueror had two sister wives after all.

I felt weird how Sansa was talking to Jon as well. It feels off, like she is using him. Maybe I am taking it wrong. Like she didn't care about her brother, just defeating Ramsey. Why didn't she tell him about the troops and being snappy with him in the tent the night before.
Probs because she realized what dumbasses the Starks are other than herself. I love the Starks, but these guys are a consistent bunch of big fuck ups in this world.

S7 needs to have CurlySnow back. Action scenes look more badass with his old hair, and we know he's going to put in work in the next 1-2 seasons.

She has trust issues. At least that is what the writers are trying to convey. They did so very, very poorly.

As for her being snappy, Jon was ignoring really good advice.

She was giving him attitude before the battle, it was at the war table after everyone left because he didn't ask her for advice. Sansa needs to speak the fuck up. Why would he go to her for advice? As far as he's concerned she's a girl who was raised as a lady that's been through a lot, used abused, but certainly not someone who would know what goes on at the front lines of battle. In fact, why would anyone even consider asking her for advice when it came to war?

XqseYyA.gif

Amazing.

Heshinsi

I felt weird how Sansa was talking to Jon as well. It feels off, like she is using him. Maybe I am taking it wrong. Like she didn't care about her brother, just defeating Ramsey. Why didn't she tell him about the troops and being snappy with him in the tent the night before.

She's been talking to him like that for most of this season. The moment she jumped in to quickly remind everyone how she was a true Stark when Jon's being a bastard was brought up, I got the feeling that Sansa's #1 priority was herself. It's not like this is out of the norm for her character anyways. She refused to back Arya up against Joffrey, she told Cersei of her father's plan to send her and Arya back to Winterfell, etc.

I love this part right here:

168ks9.gif

Everything from Littlefinger's smug look, to the slight smirk on Sansa's face, to the "I told you so" in her eyes. Perfection.That final close up on her face is the look of someone who's disgusted at what they see.

Zereta

She's been talking to him like that for most of this season. The moment she jumped in to quickly remind everyone how she was a true Stark when Jon's being a bastard was brought up, I got the feeling that Sansa's #1 priority was herself. It's not like this is out of the norm for her character anyways. She refused to back Arya up against Joffrey, she told Cersei of her father's plan to send her and Arya back to Winterfell, etc.

I love this part right here:

168ka2.gif

Everything from Littlefinger's smug look, to the slight smirk on Sansa's face, to the "I told you so" in her eyes. Perfection.That final close up on her face is the look of someone who's disgusted at what they see.

Which is why Sansa is not ready to rule. Sure, she's changed considerably (I hated her in the beginning) but withholding information from Jon when making a big deal about how she wasn't involved. Sending men into a slaughter knowing full well that her information about potential aid from the Vale could have changed battle tactics dramatically?

You're right: Sansa's in it for Sansa. She survived Ramsay and Joffrey but I think she's learned the wrong lessons (or the right ones, who knows)

If it wasn't clear that Jon not being a Stark in name was a big deal to Sansa, it's increasingly clear now. Sansa needs the Stark name to regain power but I doubt that name carries much weight to her. Definitely not as much as it does to Jon, to Arya and definitely Robb.

Between her increasing "disdain" of Jon not being a true Stark brother, and her alliance with Littlefinger now, the North probably isn't all too safe.

Heshinsi

I don't see an I told you so. I see more of a, you fuckers are going to get it now. I don't think any of that was directed at Jon, they were pretty far apart. The final close up though is her looking at Ramsay, if you watch it the whole scene it shoots to him afterwards and he looks at her.

Then, when Jon runs off after him, she has a look of, oh fuck, you really don't listen do you, with a bit of concern.

That's how I see it anyway.

You need to edit that name out.

Ramsay is even further away from her than Jon is.

The two stationary horses on the left are LF and Sansa. You can't really tell who is riding those horses, we only know because of the close up later, and we're closer to the action than Ramsay is. There's no way Ramsay could tell that's her and vice versa. Unless he has a pair of binoculars, which I don't believe exist in this world lol.

168lma.gif

Sis, what? S2 had Tyrion as Hand (and tons of fun with Tyrion/Varys and Tyrion/Bronn), Davos and Stannis, Tywin and Arya's chats, Jaqen H'ghar, "you know nothing Jon Snoo," Hot Pie, the fockin Blackwater. And of course the giant goddamn army of the dead to close it out. Plus a lot more. Hell, even Dany's plotline is fine and doesn't involve Meereen in any way. Sure we've got Theon being a dick (lol), and Robb making bad decisions, but damn dude. Disappointed!
Season 2 is my least favorite also. It had some good episodes, but its the one season I really cant rewatch.

Ramsay is even further away from her than Jon is.

The two stationary horses on the left are LF and Sansa. You can't really tell who is riding those horses, we only know because of the close up later, and we're closer to the action than Ramsay is. There's no way Ramsay could tell that's her and vice versa.

168lma.gif

21 seconds in is the distance from Ramsay. 25 seconds in is the distance from Jon.

There is no way she can spot Jon in that mosh pit of bodies. She can spot Ramsay though since he's standing on a hill with a few others.

You were quoting someone talking about her actions towards Jon, I'm just saying that I don't think her look was directed at Jon, however it's perceived.

Edit: little later on, she seems much closer to Jon. Really, I can't tell with camera trickery. Either way, I don't think she had any ill looks directed at Jon when she arrived. End of the video though she's got a look of, run you bitch when Ramsay falls back, quickly followed by Jon, God no, you idiot when he runs after him.

Nameless

S2 is still my favorite season. While there aren't many holy shit moments before Blackwater, each episode is packed to the gills with stellar character moments and world building. Lena, Alfie,Dinklage, Dance, Maise, and Gleeson give some of the best performance we've seen to date.

Sis, what? S2 had Tyrion as Hand (and tons of fun with Tyrion/Varys and Tyrion/Bronn), Davos and Stannis, Tywin and Arya's chats, Jaqen H'ghar, "you know nothing Jon Snoo," Hot Pie, the fockin Blackwater. And of course the giant goddamn army of the dead to close it out. Plus a lot more. Hell, even Dany's plotline is fine and doesn't involve Meereen in any way. Sure we've got Theon being a dick (lol), and Robb making bad decisions, but damn dude. Disappointed!

Haha, I personally thought that both Dany and Jon had their worst arcs that season, and as they have two of the three biggest story arcs, this entire season was kind of a downer to me. The only stories I really enjoyed were King's Landing and Theon's that season, and I felt it is the most poorly paced season of the lot, where they were still trying to figure out how to pace things properly. There are a string of mediocre episodes in the middle, with 202, The Night Lands, being by far my least favourite episode of the show.

I personally liked Season 5 a lot apart from Dorne, and Dorne was a pretty minor storyline. The last 4 episodes, and High Sparrow and Kill the Boy in the first half, were also all very high quality episodes, and I loved the slower pace this season had compared to the high-speed season 4. Plus, S5 hd Hardhome.

S2 is still my favorite season. While there aren't many holy shit moments before Blackwater, each episode is packed to the gills with stellar character moments and world building. Lena, Alfie,Dinklage, Dance, Maise, and Gleeson give some of the best performance we've seen to date.

Season 2 has some of my favorite dialogue in the series between Arya and Tywin. Really, I don't think I could pick a favorite, some have their strengths while others have their weaknesses.

This season is amazing for so many reasons, but the dialogue has been pretty weak in my opinion.

Heshinsi

21 seconds in is the distance from Ramsay. 25 seconds in is the distance from Jon.

There is no way she can spot Jon in that mosh pit of bodies. She can spot Ramsay though since he's standing on a hill with a few others.

You were quoting someone talking about her actions towards Jon, I'm just saying that I don't think her look was directed at Jon, however it's perceived.

Edit: little later on, she seems much closer to Jon. Really, I can't tell with camera trickery. Either way, I don't think she had any ill looks directed at Jon when she arrived. End of the video though she's got a look of, run you bitch when Ramsay falls back, quickly followed by Jon, God no, you idiot when he runs after him.

Lol Yeah the camera angles are all over the place. We know that Ramsay should be further away from her, since he's the closest to Winterfell. But the time stamp you posted above, clearly makes it look like Jon's further back which wouldn't make sense. I don't think she currently has ill will towards him, more like her knowing that had she relied on Jon and Jon alone, they'd be fucked. He didn't listen to the advice she gave him, and furthermore, she needed to take matters into her own hand.

Nameless

Dany in Qarth wasn't bad. "Where are my dragons" became a running joke even though she only said it a couple of times. The Craster's Keep stuff was excellent, though, on Jon's side.

Why tho.

Seriously, any particular reason?
I dont know. I love the Tyrion stuff, the Arya and Tywin scenes,and the battle of backwater. But everything else seemed kinda meh, like being in a car stuck in neutral. The Danny stuff was not interesting"WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS!". The Robb stuff in the north wasn't great, Theon stuff wasn't great. The John stuff was just OK. It just seemed like nothing happened all season. As much as people complain about season 5 at least things were happening good or bad.

Heshinsi

Haha, I personally thought that both Dany and Jon had their worst arcs that season, and as they have two of the three biggest story arcs, this entire season was kind of a downer to me. The only stories I really enjoyed were King's Landing and Theon's that season, and I felt it is the most poorly paced season of the lot, where they were still trying to figure out how to pace things properly. There are a string of mediocre episodes in the middle, with 202, The Night Lands, being by far my least favourite episode of the show.

I personally liked Season 5 a lot apart from Dorne, and Dorne was a pretty minor storyline. The last 4 episodes, and High Sparrow and Kill the Boy in the first half, were also all very high quality episodes, and I loved the slower pace this season had compared to the high-speed season 4. Plus, S5 hd Hardhome.

I thought season 2 Dany was not that bad at all. We were still dealing with the aftermath of the dragons being born. Mereen is where her plotline came to a screeching halt.

HMD

Depending on the finale, this season might top season 2 for me. But it has to be a really good finale.

Nameless

Season 2 has some of my favorite dialogue in the series between Arya and Tywin. Really, I don't think I could pick a favorite, some have their strengths while others have their weaknesses.

This season is amazing for so many reasons, but the dialogue has been pretty weak in my opinion.

1-4 are all pretty close IMO. But S2 is when I really fell in love with the story and world. Not sure exactly where this season falls yet, but it's been strong throughout.

Also on season 2 Stannis was awful. He has always been awful but season 2 was peak awful Stannis. He got better when he took the L at blackwater, but he was insufferable as "I'm the chosen one".

Nameless

Also on season 2 Stannis was awful. He has always been awful but season 2 was peak awful Stannis. He got better when he took the L at blackwater, but he was insufferable as "I'm the chosen one".

Whaaa? If anything Dillane didn't get enough screen time in S2 until Blackwater. Still, the letter to the realm, the showdown with Renly, his story about the Siege of Storms End... he hit homers with what he was given.

Whaaa? If anything Dillane didn't get enough screen time in S2 until Blackwater. Still, the letter to the realm, the showdown with Renly, his story about the Siege of Storms End... he hit homers with what he was given.
He was the biggest bore in all the land. Renly was right nobody likes him.

1-4 are all pretty close IMO. But S2 is when I really fell in love with the story and world. Not sure exactly where this season falls yet, but it's been strong throughout.

Yeah I can't decide on this season yet, not until a full re-watch. It's definitely better than last season though, which is probably my least favorite, but still great.

Stannis was one of the best characters on the show start to finish. I wish he was still around.

I thought season 2 Dany was not that bad at all. We were still dealing with the aftermath of the dragons being born. Mereen is where her plotline came to a screeching halt.

I never understood the Dany hate until Meereen, It was around season 4 where I started getting a little bored with her story, last season was probably where I finally felt as others did a couple seasons back. This season though has been great. I think largely due to the fact that, not only are things happening but they don't have her in nearly every episode.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Just finished watching episode 4 of season 1, when Cat asks for help from the people in the tavern to capture Tyrion, one of the soldiers there is a Frey. The slimy fucker will one day conspire to murder her.

Also, Bronn was totally chilling there.

Einchy

Since we're ranking I'd probably do:

1. S4/S6
2.S3
3.S2
4.S1

Now season 5 is a weird one cus the first bit of the season is probably below season 1 but the later half is up there with season 3.

Nameless

You can't help but like him, he's such a ham.

The last person to call Stannis a ham was poisoned, by his enemies.

Just finished watching episode 4 of season 1, when Cat asks for help from the people in the tavern to capture Tyrion, one of the soldiers there is a Frey. The slimy fucker will one day conspire to murder her.

Also, Bronn was totally chilling there.

Great scene. Just once I want to know what feels like to unsheathe swords in unison with a big group of people.

Take that how you will.

Yeah I can't decide on this season yet, not until a full re-watch. It's definitely better than last season though, which is probably my least favorite, but still great.

Stannis was one of the best characters on the show start to finish. I wish he was still around.

I never understood the Dany hate until Meereen, It was around season 4 where I started getting a little bored with her story, last season was probably where I finally felt as others did a couple seasons back. This season though has been great. I think largely due to the fact that, not only are things happening but they don't have her in nearly every episode.
He still is. He will end being King at some point before the story ends.

The only problem with Stannis is that he didn't have more offspring to burn.
lmao, that's cold

and lol at the person above who thinks Sansa doesn't care about Jon and uses him. Yeah, she cared about Theon who betrayed their entire family and played part in taking their home Winterfell, but that POS Jon whose done nothing but love her is irrelevant to her. Dem mental gymnastics.

Einchy

Real talk

Sweet Robyn >>>>>>>>>> Stannis

u 'avin' eh giggle there m8?! ��
lmao, that's cold

and lol at the person above who thinks Sansa doesn't care about Jon and uses him. Yeah, she cared about Theon who betrayed their entire family and played part in taking their home Winterfell, but that POS Jon whose done nothing but love her is irrelevant to her. Dem mental gymnastics.

Jon was gonna completely walk away from fighting until Ramsay mothafookin' Bolton started starting trouble in their neighborhood and messing with Sansa. She'd be the most evil person in the show if she had just sent Jon off to die.

Einchy

With Robyn you are guaranteed some Little Finger spitting some hot fire. With Stannis you have him looking all constipated wondering why the statue in front of him isn't bending a knee to him.

You're lucky this isn't season 3 or you'd be burning at the stake for your blasphemy!

Volimar

Check the thread title.

So is this a book thing? Suddenly the dizzyingly great leap in logic that Sansa doesn't care about Jon begins to come into focus. Are we once again being inundated with "theories" that make little sense unless you're a book reader trying to "call it" in the no spoiler thread? I had hoped we'd be done with that by now.

Alpende

I watched it yesterday and holy shit did I enjoy it. While watching the Bastardbowl battle I was thinking: this is a TV-show, I am watching a TV-show and the battle feels visceral and real. The horses clashing into each other had impact you could almost feel which was awesome. Plus, that shot of Jon facing the cavalry and the following tracking shot were amazing.

Sansa getting revenge was sweet too. I really liked Ramsay as a villain and I'm glad he got what was coming to him.

But I still find it weird why Sansa wouldn't just tell Jonno that she had an army coming. Communication would have helped there, maybe they'll explain that in the next episode.

Why did he run away from Ramsay in a straight line like that? It's like he wanted to get hit. I think anyone irl would have been savvy enough to dodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom