• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones Season 7 Trailer

KonradLaw

No, they're not. Jaime is a rapist that killed his own cousin.

Only Tyrion could arguably even called a good person there (although the author has called his Tyrion a villain.) Fact is that Tyrion still killed his own father.

This is game of thrones. At this point Jon is the only main character you can be sure is a good person. Tyrion and Jaimie at both horrible people, but both have plenty of decency in them and posses potential for redemption. Which can't be said about Cersei, who lost the last bit of anything positive about her when her last child died and she didn't even care.

Lee

It's not like she's some sort of great fighter. She just got used to fighting blind, but every decent fighter from the show would stomp her. She just learned to lie well and got a bunch of faces from the crypt and for the kind of assassination she will be performing that's more than enough.

Yeah don't expect her being the North's champion against the Mountain or anything like that but at least she's back, served a Frey pie, killed Walder, and is close to home. If you watch a quick youtube video compiling the people she's killed throughout the show it's a nice progression. Obviously the terminator chase scene was poorly done but I wouldn't say her character arc has been.

Magus1234

Fated battles?

Bronn v Aria

Stone Jorah v The Mountain

3 eyed raven v Magical white walker

Cersei v Danny

Tyrion v Little Finger

Jamie v Brienne?

Black_Sun

This is game of thrones. At this point Jon is the only main character you can be sure is a good person. Tyrion and Jaimie at both horrible people, but both have plenty of decency in them and posses potential for redemption. Which can't be said about Cersei, who lost the last bit of anything positive about her when her last child died and she didn't even care.

I mean having decency within you doesn't make you a good person. It just means you have good points.

There's a difference between a bad person with sympathetic traits and a good person with despicable traits.

Anyways redemption is a tricky thing to talk about. Redeemed in whose eyes? We all have different ideas of where redemption is possible.

Personally, I don't think a sister-raping, cousin-killing guy is one of those people.

shira

Family wedding hype!

UwxyMBV.jpg

image.png

you know nothing

so that was totally
Ser Joras arm reaching out of that wall right? The scales and all that etc from greyscale?

Or is there another possibility I'm missing >.>

Hydrus

I thought Grey worm had no dick/balls? Don't all those warriors guys get them removed? I swear that's what they said in the show. So how does he bone?

Really? I had a feeling her hands were the ones directing her to sense.

In the books she's 50% blatantly insane, 30% a badass, and 20% a dumb teen in over her head.

Her hands can only do so much, won't be surprised if Tyrion, Barristan (alive in books), or Jorah kills her much like Jaime and Aerys to prevent mass civilian slaughter.

fantomena

(Why are they even still fighting each other when zombies are coming. lol)

Because most people in Westeros doesn't seem to believe the White Walkers are real even if they are told they are real and they are coming. Just remember that when Gilly told Sams brother(?) during the family dinner last season that Sam killed a white walker, he reacted by saying "There's no such thing".

The WW has been gone for thousands of years and the stories about the long night and azor ahai was written long time after the long night happened, so even the stories might not even be fully true.

Like, it is theorized that
the WW build the ice wall for some reason, alt shift x have theorized about it was to mark their land.

I really wonder why the WW are coming now after so long time, maybe
to stop Dany?

Jaime is going to queenslay his sister. Count on it. It's what his character has been building up to. He has his own deep and terrible vices, but he will also break oath and trust in the name of what is right.

Cersei might stop him, but he's going to try.

Pretty sure Tywin said they were broke. There's a reason Cersei went to the bank, and now the bank will want the debts repaid.

Cersei is screwed on so many levels.

Maybe this is Littlefingers way to the throne? Who will the bank of Braavos support? I'm sure Littlefinger can find a way in with them.

As for Dany turning into the Mad Queen, I feel like she's going to have almost all her forces decimated against Cersei, and a few of her dragons killed. It's going to be much harder than she thought and peoples knees won't bend so easily to her. This could lead her down the Mad Queen path. Perhaps Jon and Dany will marry in an attempt to rule, but once word of Jon's true parentage comes out, Dany will flip out.

Magus1234

In the books she's 50% blatantly insane, 30% a badass, and 20% a dumb teen in over her head.

Her hands can only do so much, won't be surprised if Tyrion, Barristan (alive in books), or Jorah kills her much like Jaime and Aerys to prevent mass civilian slaughter.

That makes a lot more sense, in a previous thread people were alluding to the idea of Jamie killing Cersie (ala mad king) but that just didn't add up to me. I don't see Cersei as paranoid or completely irrational or even obsessed with power, just crazy about protecting her family. Will be interesting to see how Tyrion or Jorah(less so) would react to something like a mass slaying of innocent.

Top Bottom