• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones Season 7 Trailer

Holy shit, finally saw it. This season is going to be amazing

Unsullied vs Lannister forces got me hyped like a damn MCU team-up. Six years of build-up to see that kind of moment finally happen

Naval battle/boarding. Unsullied v Lannisters. The group surrounded in the North. The massive battle with the Dothraki and dragons

That's looking like four episode 9-tier events in one season

July can't come fast enough

duckroll

They'll probably go all out with the Westeros war this season and the final season will focus entirely on the fantasy battles. I expect Cersei to die, the Wall to fall, etc. Gonna be fucking epic!!!!!

Spladam

That trailer kind of blew my mind. I want to binge it RIGHT NOW. This is going to be an EPIC season. Man I'm stoked. So many big battles, now with Dragons.

Speevy

Banned
Davos should rule the seven kingdoms. He is the only person who ever seems to be able to properly narrate the show.

Nameless

-I will cherish every last second of Cersei's reign knowing full well it's probably coming to an end in the finale. What a woman

-Glad Arya is back on the move. Her character is best on the road getting into shit.

-Didn't see Bran but his scenes are probably pretty spoilery -- Stark reunion, Three Eyed Raven visions, Night's King stuff etc...

-Davos remains unable to open his mouth without being fucking awesome.

-Dany's return to Dragonstone will be a cool moment and it looks like Mel might already be there.

-hahahaha @ Baelish literally lurking in the shadows. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go this season.

-D&D better not skimp on my Hound + Brotherhood scenes god damn it.

-Reek and Jaime are all that's left on my death list. I like the odds of one or both finally getting got.

mantidor

Perhaps, atleast in the mind of Jon. But, Littlefinger is a much more important figure (in the grand scheme of things) in that room than Davos is. Seems like an insult to Littlefinger more than anything.

Well the show lost logic around season 5 so it's not crazy they just forgot Little finger is supposed to be a nobleman and these people even if they are northeners care about that stuff.

That was hype. Can't wait for those dragons to fuck shit up.

Cersei has played the game too well

By having all her children killed, what a winner.

I liked her upper hand on Ned and how she finished everyone of in season 6, but otherwise she just does dumb thing after dumb thing, I understand rooting for an antagonist but it should at least be a smart one.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
-I will cherish every last second of Cersei's reign knowing full well it's probably coming to an end in the finale. What a woman

-Glad Arya is back on the move. Her character is best on the road getting into shit.

-Didn't see Bran but his scenes are probably pretty spoilery -- Stark reunion, Three Eyed Raven visions, Night's King stuff etc...

-Davos remains unable to open his mouth without being fucking awesome.

-Dany's return to Dragonstone will be a cool moment and it looks like Mel might already be there.

-hahahaha @ Baelish literally lurking in the shadows. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go this season.

-D&D better not skimp on my Hound + Brotherhood scenes god damn it.

-Reek and Jaime are all that's left on my death list. I like the odds of one or both finally getting got.

Why those two in particular if I might ask?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I wonder if they can stretch out Cersei's story all season. Seems like she should just be stomped. I mean, maybe she can ally herself with Euron, but even then, I don't see it. Think her demise might be a mid-season thing.

Expect Jamie to kill her, Tryion will try and get Danny to spare him.

Expecting the season to end with Jon and Danny meeting each other.

Black_Sun

I mean if we're following the rules, Jon shouldn't be King of the North either, what with him being a bastard and all. Who's to say they won't make new rules in joining the kingdom together. On top of that, the only way Jon Targaryen (once his true lineage is revealed) supersedes her, is if his parents were wed. Even then, doesn't get bumped down the list when he made his Knight's Watch oaths? I don't think a technicality puts him back at the top of the list (once again if his parents were wed).

It was him or Sansa. You could theoretically legitimize a bastard. (Although I'll be annoyed if he's King Snow. He needs an actual house name. Snow isn't a real surname, it's a mark of being a noble bastard.)

Anyways, I'm playing devil's advocate but to go further I mean they could divide power between each other but why would Daenerys want to share power?

The best thing to do would be to never marry and name Jon and his line her heirs(once his lineage is found out) especially since she's infertile.

Daenerys is the most boring protagonist of all time with even less adversity faced in the show making her even more boring.

Hope she is killed off this season. Cersei is horrible but she is far more interesting on screen

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Six years of build-up summed up in one shot:

l38z26G.gif

We're finally here, feels good.

I'd punch myself in the dick if I went back in time and told past me that I'd have to wait until fucking 2017 to see that.

99Luffy

Banned
After seeing the history of westeros extras on blu ray... Dany is probably just gonna steam roll over everyone with just her dragons, unsullied, and sunspear. Then when thats done the night king appears.

Einchy

After seeing the history of westeros extras on blu ray... Dany is probably just gonna steam roll over everyone with just her dragons, unsullied, and sunspear.

It's no surprise 3 dragons took over Westeros before. Those things are OP as fuck.

duckroll

I'd punch myself in the dick if I went back in time and told past me that I'd have to wait until fucking 2017 to see that.

I don't understand this logic. Like, of all the unlikely things out there, this doesn't seem to be a stretch at all? I mean in 2011, when Game of Thrones started, what was the expectation of the earliest we would see Dany cross the sea? In 2011, A Dance with Dragons came out. That's book 5. Most people expected it to cover about a book per season. So the soonest this could have happened if they stuck to that would have been 2016.

Honestly, I wasn't even expecting the series to ever finish, when it came out in 2011.

Einchy

I don't understand this logic. Like, of all the unlikely things out there, this doesn't seem to be a stretch at all? I mean in 2011, when Game of Thrones started, what was the expectation of the earliest we would see Dany cross the sea? In 2011, A Dance with Dragons came out. That's book 5. Most people expected it to cover about a book per season. So the soonest this could have happened if they stuck to that would have been 2016.

Honestly, I wasn't even expecting the series to ever finish, when it came out in 2011.

I hadn't read the books so when Drogo said this -
https://youtu.be/UyqKWROjrq4?t=1m34s

I thought for sure Dany was gonna be on a boat by the end of the season. Hell, at that point I didn't even knows dragons were a part of the show.

Yoda

Hoping it's better than last season, but they've pretty much diverged from the books so it's pure D&D material. The scene w/the dragon flying over the horde looked pretty cool.

KonradLaw

Perhaps, atleast in the mind of Jon. But, Littlefinger is a much more important figure (in the grand scheme of things) in that room than Davos is. Seems like an insult to Littlefinger more than anything.

Ehh..no. None of the nobles are sitting at the main northeners tables. It;s always the lord of the castle and his entourage. Same with Mormonts. It makes no sense for Little finger to sit next to Jon when all the other nobles are at different tables

Joeku

Are each of these shorter seasons getting the budget of full seasons so they can go all out, or what?

Cuz this looks expensive.

CloudWolf

I'm still so confused why the writers of the show keep trying to make Grey Worm and Missandei a thing. It's like they all forgot the one defining feature of Grey Worm, the fact that he literally has no dick.

I mean if we're following the rules, Jon shouldn't be King of the North either, what with him being a bastard and all. Who's to say they won't make new rules in joining the kingdom together. On top of that, the only way Jon Targaryen (once his true lineage is revealed) supersedes her, is if his parents were wed. Even then, doesn't get bumped down the list when he made his Knight's Watch oaths? I don't think a technicality puts him back at the top of the list (once again if his parents were wed).
I believe "King of the North" is more a ceremonial title than anything, so Jon Snow being proclaimed "King of the North" is fine, because it's not a inhertiable title anymore (meaning anyone who the lord of the North consider worthy can get it). Now, if Jon Snow is actually worthy of that title is up for debate considering he hasn't actually won any battle on his own strength yet nor has he shown any competence as commander, but him being a bastard wouldn't disqualify him from the title.

Now, that second point is actually a really good one, but do you honestly think D&D give a single fuck about the fact that even with knowledge of his true lineage Jon Snow is still a claimless bastard? I mean, they are the guys who wrote that Ellaria, one of The Viper's many concubines, somehow becomes defacto leader of Dorne after murdering the entire royal line.

duckroll

I'm still so confused why the writers of the show keep trying to make Grey Worm and Missandei a thing. It's like they all forgot the one defining feature of Grey Worm, the fact that he literally has no dick.

I thought his defining trait was that he's a shy guy who knows jokes.

Gray Worm is there to keep the casual casual demographic happy who watch the show for kelly c and jon's hair like two of my coworkers.

CloudWolf

oh snap...will Jaime be
executing a mad queen too?

{Theory-spoiler}
Highly likely. In the books (not sure if it was also in the show, but I'm thinking 'no') it was prophesized by Maggy the Frog (the weird witch from the start of season 5) that Cersei would see all her children die and then be killed herself by the 'valonquar' (Little brother in Valyrian). So, for a few years now people have been debating if that means Tyrion, Jaime (following a possible revelation that Jaime was born a minute later or something) or some other 'little brother' will off Cersei.

The way the show is going seems to heavily point at Jaime being the 'valonquar'.

it's fanfiction at this point but fuck it i'm excited

sigh, you are completely right.

Cersei should be obliterated by ep 2 but for the sake of subverting the norm, she will decimate Dany's army and survive to Season 8. That trailer monologue clinches it. Defeating Margaery should have been more than enough for her arc...

Top Bottom