• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

[NaK]

Haven't received mine yet (but hey, the Kickstarter version just shipped yesterday, so maybe soon), BUT I'm hearing a lot of people havng the same issue as you. However, I'm also hearing that iam8bit is being pretty helpful with sending out replacement sleeves for this one. I'd try shooting them an e-mail (store@iam8bit.com for US, store.uk@iam8bit.com for UK/EU).
Time for an update here, they'll send new sleeves in September. Really happy with them, and the album is fantastic! :)

wiibomb

Shared some of my unused vinyl concepts, figured you folks might dig them! :)

http://drewwise.tumblr.com/post/164231806995/vinyl-concepts

I really love how all the design fits the same thematic. I mean, if you take out the record on one of those sleeves, you can clearly see how they belong together.

amazing work, I wish more companies could include this kind of work in their releases.

I really think Mondo could use someone like you.

Spwn

I almost bought this, after an evening with the game (which is great), but then I noticed it doesn't have any of the reworked original music on there- any word why those tracks aren't here? The new stuff, what I've heard, is great but I'd want the redone classics too.

There has been rumblings of the Mega Drive OSTs getting releases on a later date. Total speculation at this point, but Sonic Mania record's track list could be indicating this to be true. But it could also just be prioritizing the new tracks to keep it a single LP release and thus keep the costs low.

We Happy Few limited edition will feature a vinyl soundtrack, asked the devs on twitter if it was a vinyl and would it get a solo release.

Yes that is a vinyl soundtrack and most likely we will!

collectors_set-768x432.jpg

Wow thanks so much everyone, seriously made my day! ♥

BTW here are a couple new soundtracks that I designed, alongside one by the amazingly talented Ian Wilding! In stock and shipping now! :)

http://theyetee.com/music

IBg2Dfd.jpg

Cheers!
ERMAGERD, Patrice Bourgeault on vinyl... I've listened to the Curses and Chaos soundtrack a billion times, with Ninja Senki close behind. Awesome work as always, drew!

I appreciate the artwork on the vinyl in those mockups, but picture discs are notorious for poor audio quality. I’d rather have a colored variant. I stay away from any picture discs tbh.

Dreweyes

Thanks so much folks!

Oh and as a precaution for picture discs, we triple checked all the test pressings and made sure the sound quality was perfect! We also went with 180 gram vinyl just to be safe! :)

Dreweyes

Gee, a day after my Ninja Senki preorder shipped, it would've been nice to have the option to combine these in that shipment.

Sorry about that, not sure how things work at the warehouse... I do know they're going to try and not do preorders anymore, to avoid any issues with that kind of thing! :)

crimnos

Thanks so much folks!

Oh and as a precaution for picture discs, we triple checked all the test pressings and made sure the sound quality was perfect! We also went with 180 gram vinyl just to be safe! :)

I don't say no to picture discs if they're all that's available (obviously, since I ordered the Wizorb), but I have similar reservations given my experiences. That said, this is comforting, and thanks for letting us know.

Dan-o

I'm super tempted by Wizorb, but why is shipping $9 in the US? Is it just because The Yetee don't use media mail at all?

Beamerjld

Neo Member
Update on Sunset Riders :

"The Sunset Riders vinyl will begin shipping early next week (starting on August 21). It'll take a few days for everything to go out, dispatched in the order they were received.

The reason for our silence was troubling.

The Sunset Riders vinyl has, in fact, been completed for nearly a month. As is standard practice, the plant finished the pressing, discs were carefully slipped into jackets, a cozy layer of shrink-wrap was applied and - VOILA - they were loaded onto a palette for shipping to our warehouse in Los Angeles.

Problem is -
that palette never arrived at our warehouse.

It simply... vanished.

POOF! Gone!

We tracked it as far as the Port of LA, where it was manifested by a dock worker.

Then... nothing.

It just... disappeared.

Sure, a letter might go missing in the mail sometimes. But we're talking about an 800lb shipment the size of a svelte elephant. HOW does something THAT heavy AND large go... missing?

That's what we've spent the last few weeks investigating. Our greatest fear was that it was hijacked. Yes, literally hijacked. Believe it or not, that happens to cargo all the time... typically, though, pharmaceuticals or electronics. Cargo theft is rampant and very real. Go ahead, Google it.

But why would someone want to steal 1,000 Sunset Riders vinyl soundtracks? Seems unlikely, but we couldn't rule it out immediately.

Working diligently with several freight companies, we were able to track chain of custody down to an isolated window of time... and magically, somehow, located the missing palette after several weeks of intensive searching. We're talking about teams of people with flashlights searching shipping containers, one by one. It's painstaking.

Long story short -

We found 'em!

We tested 'em!

They look and sound great!

Hooray!!

Finally, the BONUS NEWS -
We experimented with doing a ultra, super duper rare disc, adding a "smoke" effect into the clear vinyl. It's subtle, but pretty darn cool. We only made a few dozen of these, and have secretly (and randomly) slipped them into jackets. You won't know what you have until you open the shrink-wrap. This isn't something we usually do, but thought it would be fun to surprise a few lucky customers!

Thanks for reading this novella of an email. We really wanted you to hear the whole story, because this was a really zany adventure.

XOXO,
iam8bit

Update on Sunset Riders :

"The Sunset Riders vinyl will begin shipping early next week (starting on August 21). It'll take a few days for everything to go out, dispatched in the order they were received.

The reason for our silence was troubling.

The Sunset Riders vinyl has, in fact, been completed for nearly a month. As is standard practice, the plant finished the pressing, discs were carefully slipped into jackets, a cozy layer of shrink-wrap was applied and - VOILA - they were loaded onto a palette for shipping to our warehouse in Los Angeles.

Problem is -
that palette never arrived at our warehouse.

It simply... vanished.

POOF! Gone!

We tracked it as far as the Port of LA, where it was manifested by a dock worker.

Then... nothing.

It just... disappeared.

Sure, a letter might go missing in the mail sometimes. But we're talking about an 800lb shipment the size of a svelte elephant. HOW does something THAT heavy AND large go... missing?

That's what we've spent the last few weeks investigating. Our greatest fear was that it was hijacked. Yes, literally hijacked. Believe it or not, that happens to cargo all the time... typically, though, pharmaceuticals or electronics. Cargo theft is rampant and very real. Go ahead, Google it.

But why would someone want to steal 1,000 Sunset Riders vinyl soundtracks? Seems unlikely, but we couldn't rule it out immediately.

Working diligently with several freight companies, we were able to track chain of custody down to an isolated window of time... and magically, somehow, located the missing palette after several weeks of intensive searching. We're talking about teams of people with flashlights searching shipping containers, one by one. It's painstaking.

Long story short -

We found 'em!

We tested 'em!

They look and sound great!

Hooray!!

Finally, the BONUS NEWS -
We experimented with doing a ultra, super duper rare disc, adding a "smoke" effect into the clear vinyl. It's subtle, but pretty darn cool. We only made a few dozen of these, and have secretly (and randomly) slipped them into jackets. You won't know what you have until you open the shrink-wrap. This isn't something we usually do, but thought it would be fun to surprise a few lucky customers!

Thanks for reading this novella of an email. We really wanted you to hear the whole story, because this was a really zany adventure.

XOXO, the
iam8bit

This was an insane email to receive.im just happy they are ready to go. Been waiting very patiently on this one!

JEKKI

Anamanaguchi is usually ear torture to me,
you terrible person!

I bet you're from Arizona, the worst state ever!

only someone from there would say such a thing!

for realz tho, Endless Fantasy is like one of my favorite pieces in my collection.

it's a fantastic album and it does the whole Sonic Mania LE splatter before there ever was a Sonic Mania!

rpbtz

Album art. The only difference from the LE is that it has another LP that is nothing but the soundscape music.

They're also pressed at different plants, although from what I've been told they both sound good. I can only vouch for the Laced pressing, but that one sounds really nice.

The 8bit pressing also has the soundtrack spread out across 3 sides with side D being etched, while the Laced pressing has music on all 4 sides. Same songs, though, just spread out differently.

RaidenZR

That "BONUS NEWS" about the Sunset Riders vinyl is weird. So you're possibly getting a limited variant whether you wanted it or not, and had no way of knowing this was a thing when ordering?

I know people shit themselves for limited edition anything, but what if you preferred what was advertised on the site?

That "BONUS NEWS" about the Sunset Riders vinyl is weird. So you're possibly getting a limited variant whether you wanted it or not, and had no way of knowing this was a thing when ordering?

I know people shit themselves for limited edition anything, but what if you preferred what was advertised on the site?

I feel you on this one. I guess I will wait to see what I receive. I'm sure they would let you trade it in if it really does look horrible.

My Ninja Senki record came in REALLY warped, B-side is essentially concave.

It's.. playable, but I'm not sure if that's good for the tonearm and/or record.

RaidenZR

The iam8bit release of The Last Guardian is so disappointing. It's a beautiful package but there is too much surface noise to enjoy this one properly. I even got a replacement and I don't know if it is any better.

Gonna second this. Finally got around to giving this a full, proper spin today and I'm pretty disappointed with the sound on it. The record is also badly produced in the design department because you can't tell which LP or sides are which. If you mistakenly switched sleeves and forgot about it over time, you'd be lost. Shitty attention to detail.

rpbtz

so now that im playing & really digging undertale, i imagine the vinyl for that one is hard to get?

Just got a repress from iam8bit. I think I read somewhere that the repress just started shipping too, but not completely sure. Should be around this time, though.

Top Bottom