• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameLife's Andrew Rosenblum arrested

gl1a8ya.gif

the killer in meeeeeee is the killer in yoooooooou

Joe Molotov

Drinky Crow said:
i always figured adult nintendo fandom was a sign of some larger disorder

you can't stay in the kiddy ghetto forever without breaking

Nintendo fans don't know anything about guns. He must have been a closet Xbot.

Nice pictures. I don't know who has better tits, him or her. Threatening women is rather uncool, and considering he is a nintendo fan, you'd think he'd be in a state of permanent delight right now with npd and media create sales as they are, not threatening to shoot the girl in a fit of geek rage. I just hope they don't put him in jail, because his anus would't last past the first night.

Mooreberg

The funny thing is they were talking about how long it would be before something like this cropped up on the GFW podcast yesterday. Looks like they got next week's villain of the web.

Kintaco

radjago said:
I suppose working on computers is better than stamping out license plates. I guess you lucked out. You still better watch your cornhole.

Not really, the prisoners have fringe benefits such as drugs and unprotected sex.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I don't know what sort of illness this kid has, but it's no excuse for making threats such as this. What most mental illnesses do is drop your inhibitions enough to where you're not as afraid to show people your darker side. If this wasn't already a part of this kid's psyche, then he wouldn't have made the threat, and it doesn't seem as if he's a paranoid schizo.

I generally don't like talking about this stuff too thoroughly on GAF, but for the sake of argument...

I'm Bipolar II, so I know the "loneliness" and "sadness" that Melissa talked about in her statement to Kotaku. Several of my personal relationships in the past have become rocky because of this. I've said some awful things to people--things that I regret saying a whole lot--but I've never threatened anyone because it's not a part of who I am. The desire to do that kind of thing simply isn't there, and never has been.

That said, it's unfair to automatically assume that he was actually capable of following through. I pretty much agree with Melissa's statement 100%; it's very likely that he was just very sad and lonely, and it was just a "cry for help."

You'd be ****ed up too if you were this kid. Socially inept, emotionally ill, not too good lookin', and mocked by a million jackholes on the internet. Now, it's very likely that the eyes of the whole country are going to be upon him on top of everything else.

I'm not defending what he said. It was infinitely stupid to do such a thing after the VTech shootings, and if this wasn't going to turn into a video game violence debate before this...it's possible that it will now, and Jack Thompson is masturbating furiously at this moment, but this kid is going to get absolutely crucified.

Hi! I'm posting this from jail.

I actually did think of your blog when I first saw the thread title :lol

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
:lol :lol
All because the fool mentioned Virginia Tech in his threat.

On a more serious note, this nutjob essentially handed over the violence to videogame connection on a silver platter to the anti-videogame crusaders.

Ashodin

Hrmm....

This is not really good for the image of videogames. I mean even though it's not directly tied to them, the fact that the guy was a part of GameLife (and MTV) hurts both reputations and the knowledge that the guy was into videogames.

There is room for people to say that videogames gave him the idea to say these deranged things (erringly, I might add), and try to investigate what the guy who did the VT murders played, if at all to try to force a connection. It's gonna be sad if I see that happen.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
This is not really good for the image of videogames. I mean even though it's not directly tied to them, the fact that the guy was a part of GameLife (and MTV) hurts both reputations and the knowledge that the guy was into videogames.

The article in the OP is misleading, actually. They only filmed a couple of episodes that were shown on MTV for E3 '06. They didn't do anything with them apart from that; they're seperate entities.

TekunoRobby said:
:lol :lol
All because the fool mentioned Virginia Tech in his threat.

On a more serious note, this nutjob essentially handed over the violence to videogame connection on a silver platter to the anti-videogame crusaders

And that's why I don't think this story is as funny as some are making it. This issue has been revived, ironically just in time for the primary campaigns; the first debate among the Democratic candidates is coming up in a week or so.

49254544gs8.jpg

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
PhoenixDark said:
And that's why I don't think this story is as funny as some are making it. This issue has been revived, ironically just in time for the primary campaigns; the first debate among the Democratic candidates is coming up in a week or so.

49254544gs8.jpg

Yeah, and both Obama and Clinton hates the video games :(

Ranger X

Lost Fragment said:
That said, it's unfair to automatically assume that he was actually capable of following through.

Actually that's why he's been sent to the hospital for psychiatric exams.

Ranger X

bigmakstudios said:
paid off by JT confirmed

I'm not alone, it did cross you mind too...

It's crazy but look at this case and how it is perfect. Someone would tell it's JT that did organise that shit i'd believe it right away.

Jirotrom

guys...has he come out and said that he sent that email? Because its not a hard task to forge an email...just saying because the words in the email seem extreme for a sane person so if he is a little off the rocker than maybe he did send that email but it seems a bit weird.

Lost Fragment said:
I don't know what sort of illness this kid has, but it's no excuse for making threats such as this. What most mental illnesses do is drop your inhibitions enough to where you're not as afraid to show people your darker side. If this wasn't already a part of this kid's psyche, then he wouldn't have made the threat, and it doesn't seem as if he's a paranoid schizo.

I generally don't like talking about this stuff too thoroughly on GAF, but for the sake of argument...

I'm Bipolar II, so I know the "loneliness" and "sadness" that Melissa talked about in her statement to Kotaku. Several of my personal relationships in the past have become rocky because of this. I've said some awful things to people--things that I regret saying a whole lot--but I've never threatened anyone because it's not a part of who I am. The desire to do that kind of thing simply isn't there, and never has been.

That said, it's unfair to automatically assume that he was actually capable of following through. I pretty much agree with Melissa's statement 100%; it's very likely that he was just very sad and lonely, and it was just a "cry for help."

You'd be ****ed up too if you were this kid. Socially inept, emotionally ill, not too good lookin', and mocked by a million jackholes on the internet. Now, it's very likely that the eyes of the whole country are going to be upon him on top of everything else.

I'm not defending what he said. It was infinitely stupid to do such a thing after the VTech shootings, and if this wasn't going to turn into a video game violence debate before this...it's possible that it will now, and Jack Thompson is masturbating furiously at this moment, but this kid is going to get absolutely crucified.

I actually did think of your blog when I first saw the thread title :lol

If I was derided in my personal life by tons of strangers on a daily basis, I would be a pretty pissed off person. I don't know Andrew personally, so I can't make a judgment on his character. But **** all these people that once called him a fat retarded asshole and are now shocked that he responded the way a person who gets derided all the time would respond. What the hell do you expect? You fat retarded assholes.

Kosma

Banned
Lost Fragment said:

Thanks for sharing man. That was pretty interesting to read. Takes balls to write down what you did. Kudos.

White Man

Jirotrom said:
guys...has he come out and said that he sent that email? Because its not a hard task to forge an email...just saying because the words in the email seem extreme for a sane person so if he is a little off the rocker than maybe he did send that email but it seems a bit weird.

According to the television news, they were IMs.

Also, I fall back on what I said before: If his *dad* thinks he's guilty, he probably is. My parents would never make a statement of implicit guilt unless they knew I was guilty.

g23

European pre-madonna
OMG! Do you guys realize that the old politicians and republicans will just use this shit as proof that video games makes people crazy and psycotic??

Ranger X

White Man said:

Also, I fall back on what I said before: If his *dad* thinks he's guilty, he probably is. My parents would never make a statement of implicit guilt unless they knew I was guilty.

The thing we can tell with that (and its still not proven) its that you had/have good parents.
You know what there are parents that are the 'cause of teenagers commiting suicide. It takes some ****ing retarded parents and they exist. I wouldn't believe the father more than anyone else while making an investigation on that story.

Jirotrom

White Man said:

Ah....I see I just got into the thread so didnt really know all the details, thanks.

Mooreberg

g23 said:
OMG! Do you guys realize that the old politicians and republicans will just use this shit as proof that video games makes people crazy and psycotic??

Most people will realize he was probably crazy long before he started playing video games.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
:lol

I'm pretty sure that the school he made the "threat" against is where I work

Pimpbaa

g23 said:

It's not just republicans that are part of the anti-video game crusade. Don't forget joseph lieberman and I think hillary clinton supports their efforts too.

Top Bottom