• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamersyde Exclusive Halo 3 footage

arhra

Blimblim said:
It's supposed to be working correctly on server #5, but obviously I can't test it. What's happening exactly?
Direct downloads aren't showing up at all for the mp4 files for me. Torrents are working fine, though.

SpudBud

JB1981 said:
I'm actually not downloading it now (at work) but yesterday I wanted to download a bunch of your MP4 files to the PS3 but there were no servers available. Has that changed?
Yaah, I'am able to download to my PS3, so its working.

Tieno

The marines are pretty deadly themselves too, I always see them killing stuff (and also dieing of course). What difficulty was this at?

Cuckooo

Bah! I want this in my xbox on my tv right now!

Tieno said:
The marines are pretty deadly themselves too, I always see them killing stuff (and also dieing of course). What difficulty was this at?

I'm pretty sure it's normal.

GhaleonEB

Tieno said:
Heroic was played at IMAX, and this doesn't look like it. Unless they add more guys for co-op. Both Frank and Luke bit the big one a half-dozen times or so, but then they were being showmen a bit more.

Doodlebug

The download of the second part isn't working correctly from either mirror for me. When the save-to location box pops up and I hit OK, the download completes immediately as if there's nothing there. The file size is only like 12kb or something.

snoopers

I am multitalented
The videos show NORMAL MODE gameplay.

edit> Ok guys we have a technical problem, not server meltdown tho, so it's not too important. Should be cleared up in 5-10 minutes, Blim is on it.

edit> Ok only MP4 are working right now. We'll keep you updated.

Prine

Banned
OMG ITHE SECOND VIDEO!!!

CRAZy, crazy amount of detail and polish. Fuck it, GOTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything looks sooooooooooooooooooooooo tight. AND MAN THE LIGHTING!!!

Reminds me of Halo 1 :D :D

Cuckooo

Doodlebug said:
The download of the second part isn't working correctly from either mirror for me. When the save-to location box pops up and I hit OK, the download completes immediately as if there's nothing there. The file size is only like 12kb or something.

That happened to me first time, delete the file it made, refresh the page and try d/lin again, that worked for me and since has been downloading steadily.

Doodlebug

Cuckooo said:
That happened to me first time, delete the file it made, refresh the page and try d/lin again, that worked for me and since has been downloading steadily.

It seems to be working now. Although, every time I refresh the page, the size of the file seems to be larger (i.e like there's more available to download or something).

What's the size of the second file, guys? The .avi file.

Edit: I have the stated 127.1Mb available now.

bheemer

Cerrius said:
In the first single player video, I like how they designed the level to have lots of open space for the Warthog. Huge departure from the garbage driving sections of Halo 2, more akin to Halo 1.

Also, in the replay video when the Brutes kill the marine, the hit detection was terrible.

i have to agree, it looked like the brute missed twice. but i hope that is all fixed now. everything else is amazing except it looks to easy....but normal mode explains that away.

must see legendary.

Cuckooo

Doodlebug said:
It seems to be working now. Although, every time I refresh the page, the size of the file seems to be larger (i.e like there's more available to download or something).

What's the size of the second file, guys? The .avi file.

It's 127.1Mb :)

Tieno

SpudBud, the "Sample video" is more accurately a demonstation of the Replay/saved film Feature.

Can't wait for #3! Thanks so much for spoiling level 3 giving us these awesome videos! I tried not to watch but I couldn't resist. It's pretty boring here at work :(

FFChris

The saved replays are incredible. I can't remember ever doing something like this in a game before, it looks so much fun.

PaulRTC

Part one of the full saved films video is now up here.

The particle effects look very convincing while frozen, I thought they'd lose their effect when not moving but they hold up well. I can't believe we have so much information/videos about the game yet it's so far away; this wait is pretty unbearable - I'm not sure whether all this content makes it better or worse. ;)

Doodlebug

Sweet jebus. That's gorgeous.

Loved the audio too. The voice acting is something else. Lol @ the Marine chatter. :D

The Marine animations made me smile, they're looking great; the Grunt's flee animation - the one with the hands in the air - turned that smile into a loud chuckle.

Hehe, video 2's almost complete...

snoopers

I am multitalented
Ok, everything should work properly now. Only first video in AVI is still unavailable, should be ok in 10 minutes.

About the torrents, we're on it, almost working again. Phew :)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Thanks Blim, but I am not watching anymore. I can't spoil it for myself. I will try to be strong.

Falagard

urk said:
Wow. Amazing stuff. At about 1:37 a Brute Chieftan dives away from the Warthog and one of his subordinates pulls off a sweet spin move to get out of the way. Very nice. Hog has been powered up as far as collision damage is concerned. It's a splatter machine. Even concrete embankments stand no chance against it's snout.

And the Covie cruiser. Holy balls!

Ya I noticed that, it looked amazing when the second one spun around to get out of the way. Completely awesome :-D

I was actually going to point this out until I noticed you'd done it already.

Tieno

urk said:
Wow. Amazing stuff. At about 1:37 a Brute Chieftan dives away from the Warthog and one of his subordinates pulls off a sweet spin move to get out of the way. Very nice. Hog has been powered up as far as collision damage is concerned. It's a splatter machine. Even concrete embankments stand no chance against it's snout.

And the Covie cruiser. Holy balls!
You're right, just watched that part again. Someone needs to gif that (don't have my software installed atm).
It's the second gameplay video (http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_4318_en.html)

FFChris

Falagard said:
Ya I noticed that, it looked amazing when the second one spun around to get out of the way. Completely awesome :-D

I was actually going to point this out until I noticed you'd done it already.

Yea I noticed that, the A.I really seems to have been turned up a notch. We saw that video yesterday of the marines diving out of the way of that green plasma beam, and now Brutes dodging vehicles?

That little spin move actually seemed too good to be true, though from what we have seen, it looks like it is actually the A.I rather than a spectacular glitch.

Tieno

FFChris said:
Yea I noticed that, the A.I really seems to have been turned up a notch. We saw that video yesterday of the marines diving out of the way of that green plasma beam, and now Brutes dodging vehicles?

That little spin move actually seemed too good to be true, though from what we have seen, it looks like it is actually the A.I rather than a spectacular glitch.
Didn't they model the brute pack mentality and AI after sports/american football? Cause in the vidoc about the brutes you saw a chieftan with a hammer faking going in one direction then going in the other, like a football player.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
If you love Blim-Blim, and we all know that you do, DOWNLOAD THIS STUFF VIA BITTORRENT. Give the poor guy's bandwidth bill a break ;)

There's links to all of the torrent files in the video's download page, so USE them. One of the seeders is Gsyde's media server, so it'll go (at minimum) as fast as a direct download would, and most likely much faster, thanks to other peers/seeds.

PaulRTC

Nice catch with that brute spin, didn't notice it until my second watch through. Brute AI seems sweet, and getting flared seems to be appropriately disarming. >:)

Blimblim said:
Sorry about this whole mess, totally my fault.
If this is mess, I'd love to see moderately tidy. ;)

jet1911

1223869865_7c3544b301_o.gif

SpudBud

GDJustin said:
If you love Blim-Blim, and we all know that you do, DOWNLOAD THIS STUFF VIA BITTORRENT. Give the poor guy's bandwidth bill a break ;)

There's links to all of the torrent files in the video's download page, so USE them. One of the seeders is Gsyde's media server, so it'll go (at minimum) as fast as a direct download would, and most likely much faster, thanks to other peers/seeds.
OP has also been update with torrent links.

jet1911 said:
Awesome :D

Can someone make a .gif of the part when the cruiser flies overhead?

Also, what's OP mean? And what's the code for that blackout spoiler text?

PaulRTC

The Lamonster said:
Also, what's OP mean? And what's the code for that blackout spoiler text?
OP means original post (first post in the thread). And spoiler text is... wait for it... [spoiler]secrets[/spoiler].

Top Bottom