• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamersyde Exclusive Halo 3 footage

SpudBud

The Lamonster said:
Can someone make a .gif of the part when the cruiser flies overhead?

Also, what's OP mean? And what's the code for that blackout spoiler text?
OP means "original post"

TheKurgan

I haven't been following Halo 3 closely enough - OMFG! - that save game feature is amazing. I can see myself watching video of my SP or MP games more than actually playing. The control you have over the game engine is F'n amazing.

Doodlebug

Video 2 OMG SO AWESOME. :D

Just wow, Bungie, just freakin' wow.

Blimblim, Snoopers, and the rest of the folks Gamersyde, I can't thank you enough.

jet1911

Can someone make a .gif of the part when the cruiser flies overhead?

1224814350_338cbaf67e_o.gif

Orodreth

Thanks Snoopers & Blim.

Those brutes avoiding the warthog was a great detail.

edit: and that cruiser, wow ( waiting to experience that with a good 5.1 setup... is gonna be like new hope opening)

I loved the open space and branching areas, and the lightning, specially the contrast between indoor/outdoor areas. There are some nitpicks here and there (no casted shadows on marines in the opening underground section, dont like some animations thought i think overall they are better than in previous games, some not very good textures) but in general everything looks really good and smooth.

Chinner

Banned
Urgh. This is hard to resist, I'll probably buckle but I'm going to call this a stop and not view it. I've been looking forward to this game for so long that I can't let this short term happiness make the first play slightly less awesome.

Feindflug

Blim any plans for wmv versions of the vids for us who can't experience HD vids on our old ass PC's? ^__^

That gif with the Brute dodging is OMFG! awesome! O__O

<3 Bungie!

Striker

Finally am able to watch the second video. :)

Great stuff. I love the cruiser part.

I wonder what
"There's something in the crater, ma'am"
meant...

September 25th, coming so close.

Doodlebug

There's a cool part during the second video where a Grunt gets nailed by the 'hog, sending the poor thing skidding and bouncing along the ground, flaunting the game's godlike physics engine. It's just asking to be gif'd. :D

armubaba

Just finished watching all the vids. Great stuff. I can only imagine the kind of chaotic, ungodly screenshots I will be taking with all my friends. Can't wait.

Oh, and I called it last night, hos.

Trust in Gamersyde, yo.

JdFoX187 said:
You missed Cerrius. He's still hanging around nitpicking.

Like the Master Chief himself, Cerrius is the last great hope for the SDF...

Perhaps one day in the future we will remember him as a galant hero, fighting against hordes of rational and forward thinking people; only to die protecting his one true belief (that the Xbox 360 sucks).

Blueblur1

The game looks amazing. I can't believe both Brutes dodged that Warthog. I only saw the left one before but then after all the comments I re-inspected it and I was wowed.

Love_Rose.jpg

For Bungie. :D

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
This is getting a little too good. That cruiser is incredible, media greyout for me. Depends how strong my will is to resist the urge to watch :(

SpudBud

Opus Angelorum said:

Perhaps one day in the future we will remember him as a galant hero, fighting against hordes of rational and forward thinking people, to die protecting his one true belief (that the Xbox 360 sucks).
I don't think he's a member of the SDF, but just a picking little bastard.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Opus Angelorum said:

Perhaps one day in the future we will remember him as a galant hero, fighting against hordes of rational and forward thinking people; only to die protecting his one true belief (that the Xbox 360 sucks).

Cerrius isn't part of the SDF, just a moron.

PaulRTC

Karma Kramer said:
Man Bungie really did their homework this time.
And then when they got to work they carried on working instead of eating pizza.
Opus Angelorum said:
That distinction is seperated?
Yessir, they aren't mutually inclusive! That doesn't mean SDF is not just a subset of the greater morons group, but I couldn't possibly comment.

duderon said:
Cerrius isn't part of the SDF, just a moron.
Then people should completely ignore him and stop quoting him or bothering with any serious reply. Let him talk to himself only. He will keep coming back as long as people will reply him.

HugBasket

Banned
Can someone make a gif of the marine dodging the fuel rod and master chief getting nailed by it? It is in the last video of the OP.

Also, could someone explain to me how to make a gif out of a video? Thanks for all.

PaulRTC

Cerrius's points aren't invalid, it's just the sort of things he comments on seem overly pedantic to most of us. I guess his suggestion of making a gif for the hit detection flaw could be seen as trollish, but I think it was just a throwaway joke comment. No reason to make a huff about it, whatever his intentions.

Thermite

jet1911 said:

I love that scene, it would have been so awesome to experience that first hand on my HDTV in surround sound. I think I'm going to go on a Halo 3 media blackout until it releases. (other than the Bungie weekly update and Bungie podcast of course) I've waited too long and have been too hyped up to let stuff like this be spoiled.
Marty was right!

edit: well at least a media blackout on Campaign videos, screenshots, information, etc. that doesn't come from Bungie.net/Bungie podcast. I'm fine with anything from the multiplayer aspect of Halo 3, however.

Top Bottom