• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamersyde Exclusive Halo 3 footage

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Flesh Into Gear said:
lukems.png

Why is Luke so god damn sexy?
I dont think he can let anybody in Epsilon.
NJ x Falkor said:
Many consider Snowbound to be a spiritual successor to Beaver Creek.

And by many I mean Voc.
I just know that it is a thousand times better than BC in Halo 2.

Numbers

Exarchos said:
itz forzen nubmers
What?

No ice sliding, no ice!
No tap tap tap, no ice.

NJ x Falkor said:
Creek has no impact on the gameplay, and fighting in the middle of Snowbound is just as fun and hectic
What? The creek is the most important part of the map. That's why it was called Beaver Creek.

Stupid juniors.

Shrinnan said:
That. Is. Awesome. I'll take it if anyone else hasn't gotten it already - thanks!

I forgot I wasn't member status yet. I need to post more (I assume juniors can't get signatures since I couldn't find a place for it). The thought hit me as I was about to put it in my signature.
Look under the User CP. There's a place to link to an image.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
numbers said:
Look under the User CP. There's a place to link to an image.

Yup. Found it - thanks! Now I have an Avatar. I looked at the User CP before but, for some reason, I looked at everything but the signature link.

Havok said:
Video of Halo 3 Main Menu (not final build, who knows if that's the menu that'll be in the retail game). It will look like an attract vid is about to start, but its just the MGS and Bungie logos, no spoilers, I promise.

via HBO forums.
I dig the new music at the beginning. Also, in the new videos, is that new music being played or...Non halo music.

SpudBud

Buttonbasher said:
I dig the new music at the beginning. Also, in the new videos, is that new music being played or...Non halo music.
I believe it's new stuff.

Blueblur1 said:
Oh, I've noticed. Especially when Urk was coming onto me when we were playing some Halo 2. :lol
Yeah, Urk is a naughty minx.

tak

Havok said:
Video of Halo 3 Main Menu (not final build, who knows if that's the menu that'll be in the retail game). It will look like an attract vid is about to start, but its just the MGS and Bungie logos, no spoilers, I promise.

via HBO forums.
That looks like the location of the E3 trailer tweaked a little.

Blueblur1

segarr said:
Yes. They need to take that filter off when you beat the game or something.
Yeah, anything besides another landscape shot with a filter. The different lobby backgrounds look much more interesting.

Blueblur1

Havok said:
I always thought that Halo 2's menu looked way better when people turned the filter off.

mainmenu.jpg
Ohhh, I've seen it like that in a mod. I had no idea that all they did was turn the filter off. That gold looks fucking awesome! :D

Ramirez

The filter kind of hides the shortcomings of the graphics, in 2 anyways. A title screen should be relatively simple, and the filter achieves that, in a sense for me anyways.

Havok

Blueblur1 said:
Been used to it. Tired of it is more like it.
I can see why they put it there, it gives the menu a very surreal feel and sort of hides that there's not much geometry on the screen (under the fog, etc), and I understand that with the success of Halo 2, they are keeping the Halo 3 menu in line with the previous game (and I would imagine that they think it looks cool or something :p), but from a pure OMGAWESOME standpoint, I prefer the non-blur version. It lets me really appreciate the detail that they've put into it, just watching as the camera pans around the environment. So I guess I don't really know what to think.

My two cents, ambiguous as ever.

Havok

perryfarrell said:
Will this game be worth getting an Xbox 360 for?

You might be asking the wrong crowd on this one, but I would say definitely yes. Its incredibly feature packed, and even from what little we've seen, it seems like a ton of fun, moreso than either of the previous games. I can see myself playing this over the course of years, and Halo 2, even as it was, lasted me nearly 2 before I took a break from it (and subsequently got back in). Of course, you're talking to a person who is buying a cat helmet. So take my words with a grain of salt.

(If I missed a joke and your post was sarcastic, please forgive me.)

Falagard

perryfarrell said:
Will this game be worth getting an Xbox 360 for?

Lol. If you don't think that the games that are already available for the 360 make it worth buying then I'm not sure. Let's just say it definitely adds to the list of reasons why you should get a 360.

Blueblur1

Havok said:
I can see why they put it there, it gives the menu a very surreal feel and sort of hides that there's not much geometry on the screen (under the fog, etc), and I understand that with the success of Halo 2, they are keeping the Halo 3 menu in line with the previous game (and I would imagine that they think it looks cool or something :p), but from a pure OMGAWESOME standpoint, I prefer the non-blur version. It lets me really appreciate the detail that they've put into it, just watching as the camera pans around the environment. So I guess I don't really know what to think.

My two cents, ambiguous as ever.
I whole-heatedly agree.

Stinkles said:
wait. what happened here?

Jeebus. Let them make an official thread already. This ain't right.

I'm sure if you promis a sprinkle of goodness to the OP, it will happen. Maybe a 10 second clip of a non-spoilerific cutscene?

Havok

Stinkles said:
wait. what happened here?

Jeebus. Let them make an official thread already. This ain't right.

It was derailed with alluring aging rock star hairdo's and strange faces. Also talk of bathroom shenanigans.

Also: Thursdayton, Believe, you're not Ghaleon, etc.

GhaleonEB

Ramirez said:
Official thread next Thursday? I noticed Ghal said Thursdayton, never really put it together til a minute ago. :lol
No, like Tomorrow. If I finish getting it drafted tonight, we're talking tomorrow morning.

(Cleared this Thursday with Bish last week.)

Hell, at the rate this thread is going I might just start it after midnight to clear the air. :lol

Havok

GhaleonEB said:
No, like Tomorrow. If I finish getting it drafted tonight, we're talking tomorrow morning.

I can't wait, what with all the "we're in for a treat"s we've gotten over the last month.

Ramirez

GhaleonEB said:

Hell, at the rate this thread is going I might just start it after midnight to clear the air. :lol

Oh dip, hopefully we get some official news articles soon to start it off with a bang. :p

armubaba

What I'm really curious about is the loading screen. Judging by Ghaleon and the Seattle Halo crew's impressions, it's awesome. I can't wait to boot up Halo 3, make my way into Campaign mode (Heroic first, I'm no pussy, bitches), and see that baby right before I pop my Halo Triple cherry. It's an initiation of sorts. :p

OMG THREE WEEKS PEOPLES.

DrBo42

GhaleonEB said:

I think I love you, but I wanna know for sure.

tak

GhaleonEB said:

I danced

Top Bottom