• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamersyde Exclusive Halo 3 footage

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Havok said:
It was derailed with alluring aging rock star hairdo's and strange faces. Also talk of bathroom shenanigans.

Also: Thursdayton, Believe, you're not Ghaleon, etc.

Actually, I AM Ghaleon. Dirty viral secret.

GhaleonEB said:
No, like Tomorrow. If I finish getting it drafted tonight, we're talking tomorrow morning.

(Cleared this Thursday with Bish last week.)

Hell, at the rate this thread is going I might just start it after midnight to clear the air. :lol
WOOHOO!

SpudBud

GhaleonEB said:
No, like Tomorrow. If I finish getting it drafted tonight, we're talking tomorrow morning.

Hell, at the rate this thread is going I might just start it after midnight to clear the air. :lol
OMG OMG OMG!!! Halo Dance PARTY!!!

Tzeentch

stinklesgendo.jpg

Excellent ....

NJ Shlice

GhaleonEB said:

Plenty of time to fill it with junk before the game even comes out.

GhaleonEB

Kuroyume said:
Don't forget this in the official thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7660439&postcount=1345

wort wort wort
I want to keep it confined to Halo 3, not the broader Halo universe and games. (Partly for space reasons.) I just wrapped up the edit, but I'll add the live-action films to the list of movies - I'd somehow forgotten those.

m0dus has whipped up an impressive header and footer for the thread, in two flavors. One in "true HD" 1280 pixels wide, another in a more GAF-friendly 1000 pixels wide. I've been using the large ones, but have formatted the text with breaks so the post is within the standard viewing range of GAF (ie no scrolling over to read it on my pidly 15" screen).

I'm not sure what to use, so I thought I'd ask you guys. Suggestions?

"The Official Thread" works for me. "Of Win" sounds nerdy. I mean, we're on a gaming message board at midnight on a weeknight. We're nerdy enough. :)

GhaleonEB

Uno Ill Nino said:
"The Official Thread" works for me. "Of Win" sounds nerdy. I mean, we're on a gaming message board at midnight on a weeknight. We're nerdy enough. :)
Yeah, I prefer the simple one myself.

armubaba

I'm more of a The Official Halo 3 thread- "Get me my Long Rifle, ho!" or The Official Halo 3 thread- "The Great Journey begins with 100% less TDG *tear*" type of guy. But yeah, it's Halo, so it's gonna be automatically awesome.

Get ready to shatter the reply barrier in the oncoming beast of a thread boys, get ready.

GhaleonEB said:
I want to keep it confined to Halo 3, not the broader Halo universe and games. (Partly for space reasons.) I just wrapped up the edit, but I'll add the live-action films to the list of movies - I'd somehow forgotten those.

m0dus has whipped up an impressive header and footer for the thread, in two flavors. One in "true HD" 1280 pixels wide, another in a more GAF-friendly 1000 pixels wide. I've been using the large ones, but have formatted the text with breaks so the post is within the standard viewing range of GAF (ie no scrolling over to read it on my pidly 15" screen).

I'm not sure what to use, so I thought I'd ask you guys. Suggestions?
So we're doing one unified thread. Not split? Or will it split eventually?

GhaleonEB

Buttonbasher said:
So we're doing one unified thread. Not split? Or will it split eventually?
I'm sure there will be a spin-off eventually, for films and screenshots. But I'm just starting one Official one for now.

Actually, there's two. One started last week. But only a select few know where to find it, for the moment. :p

Also, I edited out the question about the thread title because I think the one about the header/footer is more important. I'm just going to go with "The Official Halo 3 Thread".

GhaleonEB said:
I'm sure there will be a spin-off eventually, for films and screenshots. But I'm just starting one Official one for now.

Actually, there's two. One started last week. But only a select few know where to find it, for the moment. :p
I know the thread. Do you? (btw. Smart to do it there, and not clutter the official thread).

When's this going up again? I'd like to put my gamertag on the first page in hopes of rounding up a Co-op crew for the midnight launch. However, I'm thinking if I go to bed in like 15 minutes, it'll already be on page 35 by the time I wake up. :p

Uno Ill Nino said:
When's this going up again? I'd like to put my gamertag on the first page in hopes of rounding up a Co-op crew for the midnight launch. However, I'm thinking if I go to bed in like 15 minutes, it'll already be on page 35 by the time I wake up. :p
You already can...

GhaleonEB

Buttonbasher beat me to it. :lol

That forum had the advantage of allowing me to take up the first five posts, so all gamertags can be visible there. I'll be doing a sweeping update tomorrow night to include everyone until then.

StranGER

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah, I prefer the simple one myself.

please include the HD TV list somewhere if it's been released yet. i recall someone from bungie mentioning they would before it was out go through a list of preferred tv's for Halo 3's goodness.

cluto

GhaleonEB said:

Also, I edited out the question about the thread title because I think the one about the header/footer is more important. I'm just going to go with "The Official Halo 3 Thread".
Do you already have a banner for the thread?

EDITAGE: Nevermind, I just readed your other post.

GhaleonEB

Exarchos said:
Do you already have a banner for the thread?
Oh yes.

Both extra-wide and normal width, header and footer. I'm going to use the smaller ones for now and post links to the big ones and let people decide which.

Also, section breaks as well. And some new wallpaper m0dus cooked up. Hawt.

Editage - just noticed YOUR edit. :lol

GhaleonEB said:
Oh yes.

Both extra-wide and normal width, header and footer. I'm going to use the smaller ones for now and post links to the big ones and let people decide which.

Also, section breaks as well. And some new wallpaper m0dus cooked up. Hawt.

Editage - just noticed YOUR edit. :lol
Are Italics IN?

GhaleonEB

Crap. I just realized I need a good shot or two of the Legendary Edition helmet (the placeholders out on the retail sites are pretty ugly by comparison). Anyone got some of those? I'll add them and just post the damn thing before bed.

Looking at these avatars, if I were in Frankie's position I would pretty much never allow myself to be photographed or videotaped ever again. Photoshop just isn't fair. :lol

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Havok said:
Video of Halo 3 Main Menu (not final build, who knows if that's the menu that'll be in the retail game). It will look like an attract vid is about to start, but its just the MGS and Bungie logos, no spoilers, I promise.

via HBO forums.
Awesome. bungie outdid themselves once again. However, I am pretty sure they will put new music since that is the standard music that was on Halo 2 (correct me if i am wrong).

GhaleonEB

godhandiscen said:
Awesome. bungie outdid themselves once again. However, I am pretty sure they will put new music since that is the standard music that was on Halo 2 (correct me if i am wrong).
That's from the Epsilon, not the final game, so some aspects of it are probably not final.

Unlike the official thread OP, which just went gold, as it were. To post or not to post, that is the question. Hmmmmm.

GhaleonEB said:
That's from the Epsilon, not the final game, so some aspects of it are probably not final.

Unlike the official thread OP, which just went gold, as it were. To post or not to post, that is the question. Hmmmmm.

We all know the answer to that. :D

jet1911

GhaleonEB said:

Post, I want to see it before I go to bed. :D

AppleMIX

GhaleonEB said:

:D

You know what to do. ;)

GhaleonEB

Okay, here goes. Promise me you'll quote the OP and marvel at the giant fucking wall of text and code that greets you. This took a LONG TIME. :p

Top Bottom