• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that no one has played on NeoGAF except you

Cajun

Neo Member
Seeing as people have actually played Blue Stinger, I need to go more obscure...got it. Turbografx 16.

Bloody_Wolf_flyer.png

Loved every minute of this game, in all its difficult glory.

Bonkadventure.jpg

The turbografx version of Sonic and Mario, and I actually enjoyed Bonk the most out of the 3.

Dungeon_Explorer_cover.jpg

Total Gauntlet ripoff, and while I like Gauntlet more, Dungeon Explorer holds up against it pretty well.

Silent_Debuggers_cover.jpg

Probably the first horror game I ever played, and in my childhood, this game, along with RE and SH, scared the piss out of me.

I could go on for days listing TG titles, but I'll spare everyone.

Just a shout out to everyone posting in this amazing thread. So many Nostalgia Feels.

Also, I love how there are games that, maybe because they were quirky or just that none of their friends played them, posters think they were alone in the enjoyment. Nope. A few posts down a fellow GAFer will post "I played the shit out of that too!". Awesome.

galvatron

Just thought I'd throw some out there, kinda at random.

skyfox.jpg

Metamoqester / The Ninja Master - Banpresto

Metamoqester_-_1995_-_Banpresto.jpg

Nemesis '90 Kai
05_jap_box.jpg

13006802.jpg

13013902.jpg

Bay Route
bay-route1.gif

bay_route_set_3_world_fd1094_317-0116.png

Lionheart

47877.jpg

Lionheart_%2528Amiga%2529_26.png

lionheartlavastage15cx.png

Light Bringer / Dungeon Magic
arcdungeonmagic.png

Lightbringer_s004.png

F-19+Stealth+Fighter+002.jpg

18112501.jpg

563708_4387_back.jpg

F29_Retaliator_Coverart.png

I haven't played any of these, but they all look pretty awesome.

Well done!

Seeing as people have actually played Blue Stinger, I need to go more obscure...got it. Turbografx 16

Owned and played every one of those. I always loved how exclusive it made me feel playing TG16 and PCE games, because I knew I was probably one of the only kids in school who had one. Music in Dungeon Explorer still gives me goosebumps!

Cajun

Neo Member
Owned and played every one of those. I always loved how exclusive it made me feel playing TG16 and PCE games, because I knew I was probably one of the only kids in school who had one. Music in Dungeon Explorer still gives me goosebumps!

I will never forget the greatness that is Dungeon Explorer music. The Overworld theme is perfection.

DE music is the best.

Druid by Firebird for the C64.

dBylVvu.jpg

UbPwFCu.jpg

I loved this game when I was in high school. Your basic Gauntlet clone action game.

I played that on the Atari 800 XL, great game.

Played this at my dad's office as a kid! EA's first game:

HARD HAT MACK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1DLAHY8XeM

Played this on the 800XL as well. It wasn't that good, but I think it used a special technique to make more colours available at the highest, normally monochrome resolution.

Edit- artifacting, that was it.

muzzymate

Sunk so much time into this game. Never won. Mainly just flew around the different planets or flying into the sun. - Starglider 2

Spectrum_-_Starglider_2.jpg

tripleV

Stretch Panic. I bought it for $10 because it had the Treasure logo on it. No one could prepare me for this game, however I'm sure some of you have played it. It's horrible.

zUINMns.png

noal

Banned
Anyone remember these?

Renegade and it's sequel, Target Renegade, loved these games, Like a Double Dragon/ Streets of Rage kind of game.

v88z.jpg

xg35.jpg

wn11.jpg

akira28

Loving all these old school computer games. Nice callback to childhood.

Druid was way more complex than a Gauntlet clone though. And 100X better than the shitty Gauntlet port that eventually made it to computers.

edit: yeah these aren't games no one has ever played...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Last one...

A Maxis Will Wright game? Yeah, I'd think there'd be people on GAF who've played it. ;) I bought SimAnt on launch day.

Mega Lo Mania - A great fun strategy game where 2001(game was from 1991) was the future :)
JU7NqWU.png

Almost forgot about this one...nice to see it again. :)

Just thought I'd throw some out there, kinda at random.

F-19+Stealth+Fighter+002.jpg
[/img]

Come on guys, there are enough old school PC gamer types here on GAF that you can't just post old Microprose Sid Meier games. I loved all those.

11redder

Anyone remember these?

Renegade and it's sequel, Target Renegade, loved these games, Like a Double Dragon/ Streets of Rage kind of game.

v88z.jpg

xg35.jpg

wn11.jpg
Played both on the Amstrad way back in the day.

Stretch Panic = Freak Out in PALland, played it & loved it for its surrealism.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I played many of the games posted here, and i know most of the others.

I bet that not a single one here played crystal mines for psp(ds and ios)

0_825_04.png

Too bad because it's awesome imo.

Galerians_Coverart.png

I'm the only one I ever see mention Galerians in these types of threads.

Galerians

I feel that no one played it or that the 5 people who did have already forgotten doing so, but man was this a sick game. Loved the whole aesthetics, creepiness and storyline. Thinking about the hotel and the crazy inhabitants there evokes some good memories.

The sequel on the other hand.... (shame on whoever developed this shit.)

Except this guy, apparently.

Bolo for the Macintosh
vert_rub2.jpg

Back in high school this game was like a virus, every computer on campus had it. We ended up being broken up into factions based on our labs of preference. A wing vs B wing vs C wing, etc. Some battles would go on all day as players joined when classes allowed.
Some people played Doom, a few got to play Marathon, but everyone played Bolo.

I'm sure that someone on GAF has played just about any console game that people could mention. I'm not sure if I've played anything no one else has, but the best thing I can think of is the early '90s DOS PC educational game 'Mutanoid Math Challenge'. It's a pretty obscure and uncommon game (also released on some other computer platforms I believe), sort of math crosswords with cartoony robot characters and stuff. Decent game, for its genre.

Had a pretty bad NGPC habit in college, this two really stood out (and probably no one played them unlike card fighters and capcom vs snk)

Faselei Mech turn based strat game with simultaneous turns via program chips.
Faselei_front_large.jpg

I was there with you. As soon as I found out about the NGPC, I bolted out to my local EB to buy it, that day, along with Capcom vs SNK, Dark Arms, and Metal Slug. My final exams were the same week...I barrrely scraped by. Then I found out about ebay's stockpile of NGPC games. Sonic Pocket Adventure? Yes. Falsei? YES. Rockman: Battle & Fighters? YES YES YES! My carbon fiber one still gets love once every few months or so, though all I have now is Cap vs SNK :(

I freaking loved Quarantine. I actually played (and beat) the even lesser known sequel:

HUSYKm4.png
I never played Quarantine. But I played the CRAP out of Road Warrior also. I remember it being extremely violent, which was great! Using the "probe" (basically a pitch fork on the hood of your taxi, where humans were impaled on it for a while, impeding your vision), the fire AND water bombs, all dem guns.. mmmmm such great fun.

To add on to other games I saw earlier - Scorched Earth, Fury 3 were some of my earlier PC games. I also had some FPS with 3 different characters, branching paths, but I don't remember the name of it, just that I got it out of a bargain bin at Electronics Boutique. Journeyman Project TURBO was the game I was thinking of when I came here, but I see it's popularity around here.

Xenophobe for the Atari Lynx was a game that terrified me when I was younger. I think it was just the Aliens, as those creatures from Cameron's movies were my main nightmare fuel when I was a kid.

General Chaos was a my intro to strategy games as well. Pretty fun game, with some hard gameplay later on. Annoyingly catchy title screen music.

PS2 Era, Yanya Caballista: City Skater, Sky Gunner, and Ring of Red were some fun ass games that I played a bunch of, but never beat. I think I got at least halfway through each at the time. Though I was working at Gamestop at the time, and I was totally overloaded with games. Hence the partial play throughs. I do agree about RoR though, that game was a blast to play, I would love to see that style of strategy game done again. Maybe I should look into these "Valkyria Chronicles" games I keep hearing about..

Semi possible rare played games that people have likely played, but I'm rollin the dice:
The Mark of Kri for PS2. Mark of Kri was a beauty of a game that got a lack luster sequel. Imagine a disney quality 3d animated game, except you are a pissed of Polynesian that brutally murders other tribesmen in wonderfully violent ways.

Shogo: Mobile Armor Division for PC. Shogo was a FPS that came about during the FPS explosion in the 2000's, but it had a unique graphical style, animated cutscenes, branching paths with multiple endings, and on foot and mech battles, including some over a hundred feet tall.

On to my picks for "rarity plays"..

Mega Man, but for PC. This was not your normal MM. It only had 3 bosses, Dyna Man, Sonic Man, and Volt Man. Then in typical MM fashion, you beat them again before another boss and then Wily. There was also a Mega Man III for PC, but oddly enough, no MM II. MMIII was also a unique game, not like the NES version. Bosses were Wave Man, Torch Man, Bit Man, Shark Man, Blade Man, Oil Man.
Dyna Man Stage

Doomsday Warrior for SNES. I remember disliking this game very much when I was younger. It had some cheap AI. Likely I just stunk at fighting games then though.
One character demo

noal

Banned
The game that probably got the most hours played on my Spectrum 48K, ladies and gentlemen, I give you the king:

qp18.jpg

m3rb.jpg

l5wh.jpg

Andrew.

Banned
61nV9GIr9UL._SX300_.jpg

Such a shitty game. I dont know what I was thinking (obviously I wasnt) and it was my first "on my own" purchase for my Game Boy when I was 9.

Chojin

I constantly mention M.U.L.E. in gaming threads, based on nobody ever commenting on it I doubt anyone has played it :(

One game I can think of is Liberal Crime Squad. Its awesome, a modern, wacky update to Oubilette and was created I think by the guy who made dwarf fortress. It's quite fun but hard as fuck.

Played it, made it to second garage, stopped right there. The ability to race a car with no windows, doors or hood was funny, though.

Played them all (can you tell racing is my favorite genre?)

And for something completely different that I also played:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My nominations for "who else has played this?" is:

RUNABOUT 3

Runabout_3_Ps2.jpg

runabout_screen004.jpg

Actually the fourth game in the saga (since there was a Super Runabout on Dreamcast), this one was only released on Japan and Europe.

Mission-based driving game centered around destruction, it's like a Japanese love letter to New York and Hollywood car chases. There's a "follow the target" mission which takes like FOURTEEN minutes, though. Be prepared for that one.

CLONE

2355472-clone_011.png

Top-down puzzle game for PC where you move multiple copies of your character. That screenshot is sort of a tutorial level, showing traps, potions and scrolls.

Mitsurux

Instead of listing a bunch of Ti 99/4a games (Like Amazeing, Strike three, or Camel)..

I present something little more recent... (i know there are people out there who have played it...as there is a wiki pedia page and some info on Gamfaqs )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Board_Game_Top_Shop

Board Game: Top Shop

Very fun multiplayer game.. little bit like Monopoly...

So much nostalgia in this thread for me.

My contribution will be Dragon Wars from Interplay.
First person, tile movement RPG where you create your own custom party. I wasn't very good at though type of days back in the day, so I never got very far, but I enyjoyed myself.

codecow

Bolo for the Macintosh
vert_rub2.jpg

Back in high school this game was like a virus, every computer on campus had it. We ended up being broken up into factions based on our labs of preference. A wing vs B wing vs C wing, etc. Some battles would go on all day as players joined when classes allowed.
Some people played Doom, a few got to play Marathon, but everyone played Bolo.

I played bolo for many days played, loved that game.

hxa155

Ronin Blade AKA Soul of the Samurai on PS1

mediocre game, maybe, but I liked it a lot as a kid and I still listen to the kickass soundtrack

Game & Watch Gallery 3

61pXAndQonL._SX_.jpg

Why? Because there was never any reason for anyone to play it. As well as own it. I don't even remember how I got the game as a kid. Was probably on sale. I remember I only played it though out of SHEER boredom once in awhile.
I owned the first 3 G&W gallery games and liked them because of how difficult they were.
---
I can't find the person who posted stretch panic now but I own that too. Haven't played it for more than 5 minutes though.

georly

I have a copy of Galerians, haven't completed it. I would see these two gems:

150339-Gungrave_(USA)-1.jpg

811626-gungrave_overdose_ps2_uk.jpg

I was in japan visiting when the first gungrave game came out, and I wanted to buy a cool japanese-only game (which it was for a long while), so I did. It was fun, but I didnt make it far.

Top Bottom