• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that no one has played on NeoGAF except you

inm8num2

rama_art_e59980a3.jpeg

I always wanted to play this one.

Accoun

It was pretty bad.
920858_54633_front.jpg

I liked it, to be honest. It wasn't great but I enjoyed it. I liked the war-is-just-a-TV-show setting, the fact that you needed money for everything - including game saving.
Haven't finished it, though. For some reason the full version ran like shit on my PC, especially in later missions. Demo was working well - probably because they have only added PhysX in the final release or something. Demo was most likely using a different physics engine.

Sol1dus

I think I can safely say that not many people here have played the 1996 release of Fable, the one and only game by the little-known Simbiosis Interactive:

xUwSDZz.jpg

I haven't played it since I was a kid, but it's a 2D point-and-click adventure game with lovely, storybookesque visuals. I'd snap up the game in heartbeat if it were on GOG.

I played this when I was a kid.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone else mention Vexx. I thought it was pretty damn good.

Not an obscure game by any means. I know a lot of people that have it and I used to own it myself. (Didn't really enjoy it, though I did enjoy how the hearts would make your controller vibrate)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Conquest of the Crystal Palace

HOLY CRAP. This game. I have been looking for this since my goddamn teen years. This was a huge, huge part of my childhood. Outside of Mega Man and Castlevania, I played this masterpiece like crazy. I always remembered the boxart as a giant, multi-armed purple demon with tusks. Obviously not that hahaha.

Now to find the other missing game from my youth (some sort of of action RPG where you had to rescue a princess and fought a giant steel crab...I think?)

Anyway...not sure about this one but I don't see many folks talking about this ever...

dDbu7jy.jpg

Oneironaut

Neo Member
Here's mine:

NONTdEf.jpg

It was an arena-type FPS where you spent most of the game running backwards while shooting the hordes of enemies that would spawn. It's been a while, but I remember it having some sort of upgrade system, and it had something like three different levels. I bought it off the developer's website, and it looks like that site is still operational.

v1lla21

Here are two more:

NAVY SEALS
718188_260.jpg

I could never beat one of the levels in this game, but I always came back to play it.

Joe & Mac 2
joeandmac2.jpg

Only game I would beat over and over again on the SNES

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Oh and this also. Saw this in Nintendo Power and got the cartridge used for a printed folded paper as a manual haha

5WxmdcE.jpg

adversary

Banned
601253boxart_160w.jpg

2181146-cover.jpg

I remember Rats! being a fairly long and fun game and I don't think I could ever got passed the second level in Skate or Die! Bad N Rad.

Anyway...not sure about this one but I don't see many folks talking about this ever...

dDbu7jy.jpg

Probably because it's a steaming pile of crap of a game whose only saving grace is the neat anime intermissions. Even as a gun game it felt entirely mediocre. Don't mean to rag on it though, but I found it to be rather disappointing.

My bros and I played a lot of games made in this that I'm sure no one else has played,
220px-Adventure_construction_set.jpg

Adventure_Construction_Set.png

When my family first got a computer in the 80s, a relative immediately gave me like 30 bootleg games including this. Unfortunately I quickly saved over the default adventurers and never got to properly play them.

Heres a couple other uncommon games:

0E9YB9z.jpg

made by a developer you may have heard of...

cZDL0Sp.png

thing I remember most about it was the instruction manual. It had old fashioned copy protection (whats the first word in the third sentence of page 42, etc) and in order to stop you from just photocopying the manual, it was like black ink on extremely dark brown paper and almost impossible to read.

This has to be a rare one:

74h5m74.jpg

And ill always remember this game:

Wr2OKfx.jpg

it was the first computer game that I just could not get to run even though my machine was well into the recommended specs. I ended up calling the studio, and since this was still basically pre-internet they mailed me a 3.5" disk with a patch on it. First PC game I ever remember having to patch :/ Absolutely fantastic spiral-bound manual though, covered all the basics of flight and fighter combat and included profiles of all the aircraft.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Maybe Omni-Play Basketball. First sports game I ever played that had a "franchise mode" with season to season progression, players aging, etc.

Princess Minerva for the PC Engine SCD. A rather pervy JRPG with a group of female protagonists. Pretty abysmal, but the person as Diehard games said it was good!

1272650926-00.jpg

Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy.

An actual good movie-game tie in that had potential and wasn't rushed out (Came out a year after the film) however it suffered from average reviews. The game itself was ok, for an RTS it played like Ground Control with only your soldiers as the resources.

I agree it was a solid game, I enjoyed it :)

AFhpPev.png

was a fun and unusual game :)
augxScp.jpg

i used to have some weird multimedia CDROM suite that had some weird ass games on it.. i can't remember any specifics though. i know some people here are into DinoPark Tycoon. that game was my shit back in the day.

if i'm going to be honest, the most obscure game i've ever played is probably a game my uncle used to boot up on his commodore 64 or something like it. it starred snoopy from peanuts, and involved his ".. it was a dark and stormy night" author persona. i can't remember much else about the game but i can't find any record of it online, and i'm beginning to think that my mind created it in order to repress other memories.

Cock of War

Shows my age (38) but when I was still using a pre-windows PC running DOS 5.0, there was a qbasic compiler built into DOS and it came with code for two games. Most people had no idea this was in there. You opened qbasic, opened the code and executed it.

Gorilla
QBasicGorillas.gif

Nibbles
qbasic-nibbles-screenshot.gif
Played the shit out of those, 32 here :)
Had it. was a huge fan and I needed a videogame fix. Reviews be damned.

2224031-1417338-524167_front.jpg

Anyone?
Played both of those, good times!
This is the first game I ever chose for myself in the game store as a kid. I was so happy playing it.

7bgvTK3.png

I thought this would be rare too, but it can't be all that rare if it has a Wikipedia entry and an HD remaster.

nE1OhpI.gif
Digger is the BOMB! Installed on every PC I came across in the mid-eighties.
I figured that was it during the aforementioned Googling but the graphics look more SNES-y (for lack of a better word) than what I remember. The game was more crude looking, turn-based, kind of difficult for a younger me. I got it on a 20th anniversary CD collection back in the 90's. Maybe it was that game, who knows.

How about Descent?
Descent, Descent 2 and wasn't Freespace some kinda Descent spinoff? Played the feces out of them all.
I'm sure someone else must have played this, right? Right?
Played it

How about:

Clive Barker's Nightbreed

992148384-00.jpg

Love the film, was impressed by the game at the time.

Midwinter
961314605-00.jpg

Legendary openworld choose your own route to victory, so worthy of a modern remake!

Terra Nova

948957063-00.jpg

Don't remember so much about this except I was blown away by the graphics and the difficulty.

Dune
1060358810-00.jpg

Awesome beautiful game, mix of strategy and adventure. Visuals inspired by David Lynch's film.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
How about Metal Mutant, anyone?
I remember reading the review in a gaming magazine, wanting to play it super bad, because of the ability to transform and the main character being a cyborg.
When I finally got to play it a few years later, I don't think I've lasted 30 minutes, because it was so hard/not fun.

Bombless

C6eW5G8.jpg

Comic book style point and click adventure game with FMV dialogues. To 13yo me this was an amazing game. Bought the box on Ebay a few years ago because MY PRECIOUSSS!

Also used the hero's superhero name (Darksheer) as my online nick for a very long time.

I think I can safely say that not many people here have played the 1996 release of Fable, the one and only game by the little-known Simbiosis Interactive:

xUwSDZz.jpg

I haven't played it since I was a kid, but it's a 2D point-and-click adventure game with lovely, storybookesque visuals. I'd snap up the game in heartbeat if it were on GOG.

I just came to post this. Still have both the box and everything from the game. A truly underrated gem.

Excellent thread. Here are a few more from me. I'll be surprised if anyone played these.

Hammerfist (c64):

The Detective (c64):

I used to really like Hammerfist, pretty sure I completed it. Really huge boss enemies and a neat mechanic where you could swap between the slow fighty guy and fast jumpy woman.

I played the hell out of the Detective but never really got anywhere. It wasn't even fun really, I just played it compulsively due to how original it was. About the furthest progress I made was find the secret passageway in the kitchen or whatever.

Clive Barker's Nightbreed

992148384-00.jpg

Love the film, was impressed by the game at the time.

I used to be obsessed with Nightbreed as a kid due to this game, even though it was mostly awful and the film is pretty bad too (I actually ended up seeing the recent director's cut due to this, which amusingly was probably even worse than the cinema cut). Midwinter's been mention loads in this thread already, the sequel was good too.

How about Metal Mutant, anyone?

Yeah, a friend of mine had this, we spent ages playing it mainly due to the (at the time) neat graphics and the character switching novelty.

Ah, Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru - I'm thankful I managed to pick this up for a reasonable price (with the insert card & sticker, too!), as the amount it goes for online is ridiculous.

Fantastic Shinobi-like game and great fun with 2 players - I adore the music and some of the bosses were excellent.

Speaking of rare Saturn games, I'll be surprised if anyone's played this - it's another very expensive Saturn rarity, but one that isn't as popular or well known as Taromaru;

idMgQZH6SefNG.jpg

Mr_Elysia

C6eW5G8.jpg

Comic book style point and click adventure game with FMV dialogues. To 13yo me this was an amazing game. Bought the box on Ebay a few years ago because MY PRECIOUSSS!

Also used the hero's superhero name (Darksheer) as my online nick for a very long time.

Also features full topless scene. First one I encountered in a game I believe,

C6eW5G8.jpg

I played this! IT has live action boobies in it.

Top Bottom