• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that you *think* only you on GAF have played

Aselith

SpyCraft - The Great Game
Was never very good at the game, and never beat it (still have it on the shelf next to me), but the idea of uncovering an international assassination conspiracy as a CIA spook seemed awesome, FMV point and click and all. Doubt too many on GAF would be old enough to have played it.
VAvyl.jpg

RVogk.jpg
r

I played Spycraft a little.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
robopit_.jpg

I got all of my friends hooked on beating the singleplayer campaign.

It's the poor, homeless, crippled drug addicts Armored Core MoA

YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED THIS

Gustav

Banned
Also I played KZ Manager at my cousins house for 5 minutes. I didn't understand it back then. All I knew was that it was bad to be playing this. I remember that all screens/menus had a red color to them.

kzmanager.png

ReBurn

Gold Member
I know I'm not the only one, but from what I can remember, I either get crickets or just see a couple responses when these get mentioned:

Target Earth (Genesis)

One of the most difficult games ever, but it had a fantastic ending if you could actually make it there. Horrible box art and it came with a black & white cartridge label. :p

One of my all time favorite Genesis games, actually.

Did you guys ever play Mean Streets?

37CcX.jpg

6Kiww.jpg

I don't even know how I came to have this game. I just noticed it one day next to my family's computer back in '95 or so. I had no idea how to play the game and usually spent my time trying to see what the cab driver understood.

SOME-MIST

this was actually my most played N64 game. I played hockey growing up, so at hockey tournaments (at hotels) and at sleepovers, me and my buddies always used to spam it.

neverhood2.jpg

The Neverhood, inventive, funny, puzzling and my first romp into P&C adventure games. The music was fucking awesome.
the neverhood was awesome too. I didn't get into it years after I played skullmonkeys, but my buddy originally showed me skullmonkeys back in the ps1 days. He had an obsession with claymation and it was one of his favorite games.

heart of darkness was pretty awesome too. I actually still own that game.

here's my attempt. I'm not sure how popular any of these games were (with the excepiton of CoC)...for all I know, a lot of people on here have played both.
Iggy%27s_Reckin_Balls_cover.jpg

iggy's reckin balls

images

sudden strike

cocworking1_.jpg

(2am) Chain of Command
It was a free to play multiplayer PC game where you would control 4 soldiers, and once a soldier died, it would be out for the rest of that match. It had a crazy ranking system, guilds, and a pretty small community.

One of my all time favorite Genesis games, actually.

Did you guys ever play Mean Streets?

37CcX.jpg
Yes! Picked that up in the bargain bin of a nearby KB toys, which is where I also discovered Fallout 2.

Definitely Blade Runner influenced. But I never got very far in it. I was probably 11 when I played it. Just remember being in some flying car and not knowing what to do.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Alright here's another attempt. :)

Sylvan-Tale-258x300.jpg

This game was short and cute.
Secret best Game Gear game right here. Excellent Zelda clone.

I'll submit:
g0494412u80.jpg

Gazillionaire- A comical economic sim where you buy and trade commodities among different alien races to build a business empire. Essentially, Catan in space.

They actually have this available to play free in your browser now at gazillionaire.com

Chairhome

Only tactics game I've enjoyed.

dBF1Z.jpg

Funnily enough, I went through a box in my attic and had this game complete and in good condition and am selling it on the b/s/t thread in Gaming Community. I didn't even know what it was when I brought it down, haha.

Deadly_Towers_boxart.png

played it back when i was a kid during the NES days. actually completed it, too.

I think I beat this game, too. I remember beating it as a little kid and trying to take a picture of the ending (cause you could do that to get your name printed in Nintendo Power back in the day), but I didn't know how to take pictures and I used a flash and it ruined the pic, haha. I have fond memories of that game.

I know I'm not the only one, but I loved playing this the one or two times I actually played:
531px-30cockpit.jpg

They had a BattleTech Virtual World Center in CA when I lived there and I went there once or twice as a kid.

Also, I used to love this game (another one regarded as a terrible game). I think I liked how it would switch from first person to side scrolling. I have the music stuck in my head now. Haha. I remember that I used to play this so much that I used to have a password for this game memorized.

416px-Drchaos_boxart.jpg

I believe Harrier Attack came bundled with the Amstrad CPC464, so it should be pretty common amongst 80s UK gamers (or at least, the ones who weren't amiga/speccy owners!)

Played many of hour of Harrier Attack, Oh Mummy!, Roland in the Caves, Roland on the Ropes, Sultans Maze..... I can almost hear the whine of the tapedeck loading now. :-D

-KRS-

Fairlight (C64)

2Aqqx.png

I've played this only because it has the same name as the demo/cracking group. Or rather the group has the same name as the game. It has great music.

Here's one game I've played that I never hear anything about. Though I'm sure someone here has played it.

Castle Adventure

castleadventure1.gif

castleadventure2.gif

castleadventure4.gif

Played it on the first computer my family owned. An old one with some old version of DOS on it that my father got through his job when they were getting rid of them. It took 5.25" floppy disks. I still have the floppy for the game to this day, though I don't have a compatible computer anymore.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I believe Harrier Attack came bundled with the Amstrad CPC464, so it should be pretty common amongst 80s UK gamers (or at least, the ones who weren't amiga/speccy owners!)

Played many of hour of Harrier Attack, Oh Mummy!, Roland in the Caves, Roland on the Ropes, Sultans Maze..... I can almost hear the whine of the tapedeck loading now. :-D

funny, I actually had it on the speccy lol

Anyone ever play this;

iS1EiCbOyKuXd.jpg

Probably the first flight sim I got hooked on - I loved that you could play as either pilot or commander of both the RAF and Luftwaffe forces. In commander mode you had to manage your resources to maintain or capture air superiority for the duration of the Battle of Britain, while pilot mode was more mission based.

Javier

I played several rare games on the Atari 8-bit, but this isn't even listed at GameFAQs. Who else played it?

UII0a.gif

L9101.png

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
No one mentioned Traitors Gate yet? It's basically Thief in p&c adventure form.
I remember playing the demo back in the day. I hear it's pretty difficult to run it on a modern pc.

As for me before Stalker there was:
aBJRg.jpg

Chris B

If anyone's played these two obscure point & click adventures, I'll be pretty surprised;

leden.jpg

Thank you! I've been trying to remember what this game was called for years. Often thought about asking GAF but my memory of it wasn't good enough to describe.

But yeah, played this back in 96 I think. :D

I also owned a Game.com, so I'll just add these two gems:

050626717097F.JPG

And yes, when Batman takes damage from an enemy it does sound more than just a little sexual.

I also had a Game.com (why) this game would crash without fail every time I tried to play it, at the time I was disappointed.

God bless this thread.

Philia

Secret best Game Gear game right here. Excellent Zelda clone.

! YAY, someone else has played this, awesome. :D I've done the walkthrough for this game! :)

Alright, my third and final attempt.

images

This game isn't in a way rare or weird enough, but I hoped that no one would had bothered to play these "throw away" pc titles lol that you find at Walmart.

dosh

SpyCraft - The Great Game
Was never very good at the game, and never beat it (still have it on the shelf next to me), but the idea of uncovering an international assassination conspiracy as a CIA spook seemed awesome, FMV point and click and all. Doubt too many on GAF would be old enough to have played it.
VAvyl.jpg

I played this one, and loved it. It took me hours to understand that I couldn't shoot the guy near the end, no matter how many times and how fast I tried. I was young.

Chairhome

My dad and I used to play Beach Head II when I was a child back in the day on his C64. Was great fun!

beach-head-2-c64-download.jpg

beach_head_2_05.gif

Nice! I loved these games. I think Beach Head 2 had voiced insults during that knife throwing game.

That reminds me of some great C64 games:
Cliff_Hanger_Spielbild.png

Cliff Hanger
and his brother, "Coat"!
Quite possibly my favorite C64 game. You play a stunt man who has to set off rube goldberg-esque traps to kill the bandit. Gets even more fun when the traps start backfiring and you have to figure out how to not kill yourself. Game holds up, in my opinion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMCyZ4sm04Q

lazy_jones_16.gif

Lazy Jones
The original mini game collection. You play as a janitor who sneaks into different rooms of a hotel to play video games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztwY6N4Z9_A

ren-and-stimpy-quest-for-the-shaven-yak-the.jpg

Quest for the shaven yack. Got it for christmas one year and remember liking it pretty well. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything about it.

RedSwirl

SoSgh.jpg

Really fun arcade-type shooter. Pretty simple, but has excellent, tight controls. One of the earlier Dreamcast games. For the longest time I was only aware of the DC version of the first game until Incoming and its sequel showed up on GOG. Now I hear the first game had an expansion pack? I just need to figure out how to map the PC version to a 360 controller.

gabbo

I played this one, and loved it. It took me hours to understand that I couldn't shoot the guy near the end, no matter how many times and how fast I tried. I was young.

3 other people? Okay, now I have to see if I can get it running on Win7 so I can try my hand at it again now that I'm older than 12.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I would say Bioforge. People always mention old Origin games like System Shock and Wing Commander games, but never Bioforge. It was great for its time(1995)! Lots of mysteries in the story and some creepy moments while reading logs, some stealth & action, puzzles, nice 3D back then and scary moments like that monster running after you on that alien base. There was a lot of cool shit for my 11 years old self back then. :p Too bad we never got that sequel.

BioForge_Coverart.png

Bioforge_damage_screenshot.gif

Bioforge_examplequote.png

I used to play multiplayer all the time with my dad and brother all those years ago. Made the F-22 instantly recognizable to me.

Damn! A good friend of mine had this and we would just play it for dropping nukes and trying to escape from them in the jammiest ways possible.

That wasn't F-22 Lightning II, that was F-22 Raptor. Though I did play the demo of that just to see the nuke effect.

Skimming through the thread, I did not see this:
256px-Azurikcover.jpg

Came out in the Xbox launch window, and it was bashed by critics. My brother requested and got it for Christmas that year, and I easily got more entertainment value out of it. Sure, it had flaws, the combat could get a little monotonous and everyone I knew hated the Fire Realm, but I still love it, and would gladly play it again given the chance.

*Azurik*

Came out in the Xbox launch window, and it was bashed by critics. My brother requested and got it for Christmas that year, and I easily got more entertainment value out of it. Sure, it had flaws, the combat could get a little monotonous and everyone I knew hated the Fire Realm, but I still love it, and would gladly play it again given the chance.

I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few people who bought the console at launch played this, as when Microsoft lowered the price of the console a month or two after launch they had an offer where you sent proof of purchase in and they gave you your choice of two 1st party games - I already had all the good ones, so I ended up with Azurik and Blood Wake :/

Top Bottom