• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you LOVE but you find it difficult to Recommend.

Drinkel

The Witcher 1 - Every time I recommend the Witcher it starts with me spending 15 minutes excusing the terrible combat, the janky graphics, the weird voice acting, the terrible performance, the sexist trading cards and the swamp before mumbling about how the atmosphere in the lake chapter is really cool and how I wish the sequel had some of that.

Actually looking into it, this article about the fourth chapter is quite good.

UCBooties

The Disgaea series. Whether it's the art, the writing, or the insane depth of gameplay I'm always worried that one of the elements I love about the series is going to turn other people off of it.

Aaron D.

Blackbay is one of my favorite experiences of 2015, but man is it rough around the edges. It's technically sound, but crude in execution. The puzzles can be pretty obtuse as well.

In spite of that, the dark humor kept me captivated from beginning to end. The anti-hero Doug is the funniest original character I've played in ages and in spite of his enthusiastically non-pc nature, I couldn't help but root for him the whole way through.

Top Bottom