• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom 2013 and beyond for the PS Vita

Aytrial

I think this one has the least chance of happening. I don't know that SS really made a new fanbase beyond people who are buying hunter games already, and Freedom Wars is SCEJs next game in that genre.

Speaking of which, you forgot Freedom Wars OP.

It's part of the list in the second post.

baekshi

Banned
Great thread. So many great Vita games coming up. I noticed you're missing some upcoming Japanese releases:

Criminal Girls Invitation (Japan: 28 November 2013)
Exstetra (Japan: 7 November 2013)
Ore no Shikabane o Koete Yuku 2 (Japan: 2014)
Eiyuu Densetsu Sen no Kiseki (Japan: 26 September 2013)
Disgaea 4 Returns (2014)
Shin Rorona no Atelier: Hajimari no Monogatari (Japan: 21 November 2013)

If the OP wants to put Japanese games:

God Eater 2
J-Stars Victory Vs
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd
Gundam Breaker
Freedom Wars
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
Conception II

I'm sure I missed some

quetz67

Banned
*lol* so the $199 right now is for a 3G/Wifi bundle with 4GB and game OR 3G/Wifi OR Wifi only?!?

Hard decision which to pick.

Seriously, can't wait for the CyberMonday offers this holiday season, I think there will be absolutely no need for a $499€ PS/Vita bundle.

$h@d0w

I'll be trying to keep this list up to date and adding screenshots/logos to as many as I can - thanks for the corrections everyone.

Sendou

Good summary OP. In my opinion yesterday had plenty to offer to Vita owner as long as you didn't go there with wrong expectations. Plenty of games I'm looking forward to. Borderlands 2 happening is surreal.

Aytrial

*lol* so the $199 right now is for a 3G/Wifi bundle with 4GB and game OR 3G/Wifi OR Wifi only?!?

Hard decision which to pick.

Seriously, can't wait for the CyberMonday offers this holiday season, I think there will be absolutely no need for a $499€ PS/Vita bundle.

It's like some bundles we had in Australia a few months ago. It was cheaper to buy a Vita bundled with a 4GB card and game than to buy the device on its own.

Shengar

Vita lineup would be perfect for me if they have turn-based strategy games. If only Sega make VC3 HD port or VC Vita spin-offs and localized it :(

Nibel

I think when people say that the Vita has no games, they mean a killer app title - and while there is some good stuff in the OP, I don't see any big-budget first-party titles

Having some of these games in your pocket is still cool tho

UberTag

That's a nice list. But the absence of announced Kiseki goodness in North America from XSEED makes me cry. Kickstart the translation, please. I have the monehs!

This list secured my purchase of a Vita very soon... I hope you're proud of yourself!

Might have to wait until Black Friday for the better sales, but I decided to get this over a PS4 this holiday season.

Hang on, how the hell did I miss Atelier Meruru Plus being announced? Is it coming out in EU on 3 September? Digital only, or hard copy?

PaulLFC

Awesome list. I can't wait for FM Classic 2014, if it's the actual Classic mode from the PC version formatted for the Vita then it'll take over my life.

Quite a few other games I'd like to pick up on that list as well.

Have Sony announced what the reduced memory card prices are yet? I might need another 32GB at this rate.

$h@d0w

Awesome list. I can't wait for FM Classic 2014, if it's the actual Classic mode from the PC version formatted for the Vita then it'll take over my life.

It is indeed, has the 3D match engine and has cloud saves with the desktop versions - http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/08/20/football-manager-lines-up-ps-vita-debut/

The best thing about all of this is that not only will you now get to play Football Manager Classic on a PS Vita but, for the first time ever, if you have the game on PC, Mac or Linux, you’ll be able to play the game across all platforms. Play the game at home on your computer, upload the saved game to the cloud, download on your PS Vita, and continue to play on the bus. Anytime, any place, anywhere.

more jp games:

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Masou Kishin III - Pride of Justice (Japan) Aug 22, 2013
Hotchkiss (Japan) Aug 29, 2013 TGL
Sangoku Hime 2: Tenka Hatou - Saki no Keishousha (Japan) Aug, 2013 System Soft
Yahari Game demo Ore no Seishun Love Kome wa machigatteiru (Japan) Sep 19, 2013 5pb
Rui Ha Tomo Wo Yobu (Japan) Sep 26, 2013 5pb
Getsuei Gakuen: Kou (Japan) Oct 10, 2013 Arc System Works
Chou Tsugitsugimono Game Neptune Re:Birth1 (Japan) Oct, 2013 Compile
White Album 2: Shiawase no Mukougawa (Japan) Nov 28, 2013 Aqua Plus
Steins;Gate: Senkei Kousoku no Phenogram (Japan) Nov 28, 2013 5pb
Rozen Maiden: Wechseln Sie Welt ab (Japan) Nov 28, 2013 5pb
Eiyuu Senhime (Japan) tba. 5pb
Rewrite (Japan) tba. Prototype N/A
Robotics;Notes (Japan) tba. 5pb
Super Heroine Chronicle (Japan) tba. Bandai Namco Games
Ro-Kyu-Bu! Naisho no Shutter Chance tba
Love Live tba kadokawa games

cynostic

Was just seriously thinking about getting one, too. Aaaaah next month will be hell for my wallet. Tearaway looks incredible.

Sylver

Banned
The most appealing game to be released on Vita is this:
3DfhI2l.jpg

I will get ys.

Thanks god that I have a huge backlog on my PC, ps3 and 3ds.

lol not even sure I can finish them all.

I am sure some of them will be free on ps plus next year too, I can wait since I am not going to pay for them.

heringer

It's a solid lineup, and I'm ok with Vita being basically a portable indie machine. I do want the ocasional first party AAA though (to put that hardware to good use), so I'm worried about Bend's no show. Where's my Syphon Filter dammit. Or at least GA2.

The only bummer is that most of the games that I want look to be downloadable only and the memory card prices are still way too steep even with the price cut.

Jigolo

Future looks a bit brighter for Vita but the price should've been $179.99. And memory card prices should've been sliced in half.

Sorry Sony, I'm not buying a 32 GB memory card until the price is somewhere between $50-60. (Pls Black Friday)

Games wise the rest of this year looks good and Q1 2014 looks great in terms of big indie titles.

DigitalOp

Banned
This is a dope list. I'm very excited since there's a TON to play in the next 7 months. And then when you include previous releases and PS1/PSP games, Vita is going strong!

I have to say though... Don't get Age of Zombies people!! That's a pure mobile game, its gonna get dwarfed on Vita compared to the competition. Just D/L it for your phone.

Top Bottom