• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom 2013 and beyond for the PS Vita

marrec

Banned
Eh, it's not THAT bad, the more people that get the Vita the more people that will be available for me to take down into Toro's Dungeon.

Damn. Some sexy looking games in that OP.

I see quite a few I want to play... and I haven't even sorted through the titles in the OP's second post.

Good thread.

I just came across that Sony have a handy list of what is out here: http://uk.playstation.com/psvita/games/

One thing that they said at the conference was that there were 900 games available for Vita at the moment, I am not quite sure how that get to that many even including PSP and PS1 games that work though. (source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpgIjvLgqhg , 58 mins, 40 seconds in )
I'm sure it includes PS1, PSP, and minis. Possibly PS mobile as well.

So much Vita fan salt in this thread. I hope the Vita starts selling after this, just for the sake of all of your sanity. This "but I thought it had NO GAMES?? Lololol" doesn't seem healthy.

No must-haves for me on the list but there are a couple titles I'll probably pick up. Ys premiere among them; gotta check out that hype.

ScOULaris

Indie games are helping Vita pick itself up by its bootstraps and become something greater than anyone originally predicted.

At this rate, I'll probably end up buying one just to have some of my favorite indies on the go (e.g. Rogue Legacy, Binding of Isaac, Hotline Miami 1+2, Spelunky, Binding of Isaac... etc.)

marrec

Banned
Indie games are helping Vita pick itself up by its bootstraps and become something greater than anyone originally predicted.

At this rate, I'll probably end up buying one just to have some of my favorite indies on the go (e.g. Rogue Legacy, Binding of Isaac, Hotline Miami 1+2, Spelunky, Binding of Isaac... etc.)

In 5 years when the term 'indie' has lost all meaning in Video Games, these moves will seem very forward thinking. Some of these games that the Vita is locking up as handheld exclusives are the among the best of the generation, indie or not.

Raonak

Banned
Thoes indie games are personally big for me. I don't game on my PC (half because my PC shit, but half because i don't like kb/m and lack a proper gamepad)

Gah, I really want a Vita now but that 32gb card still seems too damn high. I'll keep a lookout for a good craigslist deal hopefully.

Tiktaalik

Strip out those indies and you have a really, really weak lineup. I love indie games and I bought a Vita in a large part to play some of my favourite indies that I already own on the PC on the go, but there's a big imbalance here that Sony badly needs to address.

marrec

Banned
Strip out those indies and you have a really, really weak lineup. I love indie games and I bought a Vita in a large part to play some of my favourite indies that I already own on the PC on the go, but there's a big imbalance here that Sony badly needs to address.

And strip out Nintendo First Party games and 3DS has a really weak line up.

No need to arbitrarily remove good games from a consoles lineup just because you don't consider them real games.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I honestly don't know how I'm going to rationalize buying 20 or more Vita games this year. Great lineup of titles.

$h@d0w

I think this is where having PS+ is a big benefit. I've found I'm having great fun with games like Sine Mora, Shinobido 2 and Dokuro that I would not normally consider buying because they came up free on PS+ during software dry spells.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Op can i suggest you to give priority to non-indie games when you add images?
People pay more attention to images, if they see too many indie games they could think that there aren't other non-indie games ;)

Tiktaalik

And strip out Nintendo First Party games and 3DS has a really weak line up.

No need to arbitrarily remove good games from a consoles lineup just because you don't consider them real games.

Miss the part where I said I love indie games?

It's an unbalanced lineup and that's a problem. There needs to be a wider variety in both types of games and range between small indie games and larger AAA titles. The 3DS has an unbalanced lineup too. If you aren't a fan of Atlus games for example, the third party third party lineup is pretty weak.

The 3DS however does get a great deal of Nintendo support and they bring a range of types of games to the table. It'd be nice if Sony would do that...

marrec

Banned
Miss the part where I said I love indie games?

It's an unbalanced lineup and that's a problem. There needs to be a wider variety in both types of games and range between small indie games and larger AAA titles. The 3DS has an unbalanced lineup too. If you aren't a fan of Atlus games for example, the third party third party lineup is pretty weak.

The 3DS however does get a great deal of Nintendo support and they bring a range of types of games to the table. It'd be nice if Sony would do that...

That was my point though, great games are great games no matter where they come from. I'd love it if Sony would develop some more first party games for the Vita but I don't think the big pile of great indie games should be turning people off to the Vita.

Not that it is turning you off, as you said.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Starbound and Terraria are going to destroy my life. Not to mention I may have to get my wife a Vita of her own when they finally hit, as she's addicted to Terraria, and keeps harassing me on a near daily basis about the release date of Starbound.

Granted, I'll be getting a PS4 as well, so I'll probably double dip on Starbound if it's not a cross buy game.

Vita lineup is incredibly impressive. It's mostly the uninformed that keep touting the systems lack of interesting games. It's a diverse lineup, that looks very quality. A few of those games I got to play at E3 this year, and walked away very impressed by them.

nasos_333

I am extremly tempted to get one for FF9-10 and Dragons Crown on the go, will be so cool with the great screen

The rest of the games do not interest me much though, it still misses that one game that would make me buy it without second though, like Bravely Default, Zelda and Layton on 3DS

There are a few games that I'm actually really excited for in that list. Tearaway, Batman and Killzone and Ys all look awesome, and I might pick up a few of the indie ports as well.

TGS will hopefully be where a bunch of killer Japanese Vita games get announced.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Wow. C-Wars looks really awesome.

People like to bitch about the fact that the Vita is a powerful 3D console, and many of its games are 2D pixel art, but the reality is that the Vita screen makes pixel art fucking shine. Even playing games like FFIV Complete Collection, and Final Fantasy VI on the Vita looks amazing. And games like Retro City Rampage just look so damn good.

I'm down for 3D, 2D, what have you, as long as the games are fun. The Vita's upcoming lineup, and home for indie devs is something to be commended, not marginalized and dismissed.

Most of the ports I've never played (ie, Borderlands 2, Spelunky, etc).

The problem with indie games making it to consoles is the stigma that "Indie" means "low quality." It does not. And the sooner we learn that, the better.

Etzer

While I'm not as hyped for any Vita title as Ace Attorney of Pokemon, I have to admit I didn't give Vita's 2013 a lot of credit. I'm looking forward to Stick It To The Man, Kick Beat, Tearaway, Gundam Breaker and J-Stars Victory Vs. While I'm hoping for some more Japanese titles (TGS?), I think 2013 is already pretty good for Vita.

vall03

Since I've barely followed the news since the announcement, did NISA ever explain why they're only releasing Danganronpa 1? or is it just a matter of "We'll release 1 first and then wait before doing 2" Because I sure would love to get both.

Since I've barely followed the news since the announcement, did NISA ever explain why they're only releasing Danganronpa 1? or is it just a matter of "We'll release 1 first and then wait before doing 2" Because I sure would love to get both.

Basically, it's a hell of a lot of text to translate, and that translating two wordy games for selling at $40 or whatever makes no business sense. Hence, Danganrompa 1 now and if it sells, you'll get 2 later.

Wow. C-Wars looks really awesome.

People like to bitch about the fact that the Vita is a powerful 3D console, and many of its games are 2D pixel art, but the reality is that the Vita screen makes pixel art fucking shine. Even playing games like FFIV Complete Collection, and Final Fantasy VI on the Vita looks amazing. And games like Retro City Rampage just look so damn good.

I'm down for 3D, 2D, what have you, as long as the games are fun. The Vita's upcoming lineup, and home for indie devs is something to be commended, not marginalized and dismissed.

Most of the ports I've never played (ie, Borderlands 2, Spelunky, etc).

The problem with indie games making it to consoles is the stigma that "Indie" means "low quality." It does not. And the sooner we learn that, the better.
My thinking as well. I'll add that Vita's controls are phenomenal for 2D games too.

pardon me if this is a dumb question (new Vita owner), but will I be able to download the Vita version of Bit Trip Runner 2 if I already bought the PS3 version?

Top Bottom