• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot: Capcom Profit Jumps 100%. MH4U at 3.9m worldwide"

Flarin

If you're just gonna feed us old games Capcom then do the world a favor and remaster Dragon's Dogma so it can run properly. I'd double dip without question. I'm sure a lot of others would as well.

Dahbomb

why would they do that? they'd have to make an entire new game. they'll make dmc 3 special edition instead and you and everyone else will buy it god dammit.
latest

Anteater

The publisher has a handful of other business units, including "Amusement Equipments"--this sector performed the best during the quarter. Sales jumped by more than 300 percent, thanks in part to the launch of the Resident Evil 6 Pachinko arcade game.

DMC5 Pachinko a go-go

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I think we're fast approaching the point where Capcom is just going to re-release every major game they've ever made.
We can only hope that this will teach Capcom a valuable lesson. Like, that they used to make good games and that they should make em like they used to instead of trying to imitate western devs.

Who knows, perhaps this is also the reason why RE7 is taking so long.

TGS and UE4 let's make it happen capcom. DMCV Baybee leggo!

We can only hope that this will teach Capcom a valuable lesson. Like, that they used to make good games and that they should make em like they used to instead of trying to imitate western devs.

Who knows, perhaps this is also the reason why RE7 is taking so long.

Well RE7 could be running on their flagship engine maybe that's the reason it's taking so long and Deep Down as remained silent for a good awhile.

wiibomb

I'm ready for a new DMC.

Earlier this year they mentioned they shipped more than 1 million copies (counting retail and digital) in NA and EU.

later in the year they mentioned that MH4U sold 1 million copies in the west.. (that's why they gave everyone the free theme for 3DS)
comoooon capcom, announce MHX for the west already

EDIT: sorry, it was just 1 million copies, not 2

RE6 released at the end of 2012 so it hasn't been all that long really.

It is when you consider that Capcom said they wanted to churn out all their games in shorter cycles following RE6's release.

They could've changed their minds of course, but just saying, it hasn't even been announced.

Ōkami

This is what some Capcom title shipped in the last quarter

Resident Evil 5: 100.000
Resident Evil 6: 100.000
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: 500.000
Dead Rising 3: 200.000
Resident Evil: Revelations 2: 300.000

Resident Evil 6 now tied up with Street Fighter II on the SNES for the second best selling Capcom title ever, RE5 just 100k from 7m.

Also, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on PSN and XBLA sold a total of 1.4m, Devil May Cry HD Collection sold a total of 1m.

Busaiku

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate got another 500k shipped since March.
3.9 million was their initial target through the end of their last FY.

They never gave the full breakdown (Japan vs rest) previously, so we don't know how much exactly they shipped outside Japan beyond the 1 million.

Dahbomb

Ōkami;173511138 said:

Resident Evil 6 now tied up with Street Fighter II on the SNES for the second best selling Capcom title ever, RE5 just 100k from 7m.

Also, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on PSN and XBLA sold a total of 1.4m, Devil May Cry HD Collection sold 1m.
ibnJhT5q4E21up.gif

Sephzilla

Ōkami;173511138 said:

Also, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on PSN and XBLA sold a total of 1.4m, Devil May Cry HD Collection sold 1m.

BadWolf

RE6 taking that second place spot on the all time best selling list :p

Their site lists SF2 on third place so it's not a tie.

Mizerman

Ōkami;173511138 said:

anchorman.jpg

I really wanted dmc2, but I'll take DMC5.

Let Inafune make/kickstart Demons Could Weep with his western vision while Capcom make DMC5.

What the hell does inafune have to do with DMC?
RE, Onimusha, Dead Rising and even Street Fighter...but DMC?
I get that people hate this guy because they misunderstand what a troll said about him in twitter...but this is ridiculous.

Sephzilla

I really wanted dmc2, but I'll take DMC5.

What the hell does inafune have to do with DMC?
RE, Onimusha, Dead Rising and even Street Fighter...but DMC?
I get that people hate this guy because they misunderstand what that a troll said about him in twitter...but this is ridiculous.

He was the guy pushing to give a more western spin to Devil May Cry. He was basically the genesis for the whole idea of rebooting a series that just saw its most successful entry sales wise.

Top Bottom