• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot: Capcom Profit Jumps 100%. MH4U at 3.9m worldwide"

Tenki

Last week Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate was at around 2.5-2.6 million copies sold in Japan (according to Dengeki), so ~1.2-1.3 million in the West?

TreIII

I think we're fast approaching the point where Capcom is just going to re-release every major game they've ever made.

Which I'm fine with if it gets me a port of UG&G.

YES PLS.

Short of somehow making a new game happen, a remaster of UG&G (with the enhancements from the JP-only upgrade) would be at least a nice acknowledgement for the series' 30th birthday.

If they play their cards right with RE7 it could definitely end up being their best selling game to date.

RE7 has zero chance of that happening as it will pay for the poor reception that RE6 had.

Only 1 million for the HD collection of DMC seems pretty weak. I expected more.

it was a lackluster HD collection though. no work was done in making the menus widescreen and trying to appeal to DMC fans with extras and bonus material. It's literally just the 3 games in HD and that's it.

Mind you, that's not necessarily bad given how many HD collections have been botched but it's just there. Neither exceptional nor poor, just good enough to not get any shit.

Considering how REmake and RER2 have sold, I doubt anyone will care as long as RE7 is a solid game.

the way sequels work is they are affected by the previous games outing. So, RE6 greatly benefited by RE5 having been critically and commercially successful. However, RE7 will pay for RE6's poor showing in the same way RE6 gained from RE5's reception.

So while RE7 will probably do alright, it has zero chance of being capcom's best selling game. RE6 cost it that.

BadWolf

the way sequels work is they are affected by the previous games outing. So, RE6 greatly benefited by RE5 having been critically and commercially successful. However, RE7 will pay for RE6's poor showing in the same way RE6 gained from RE5's reception.

So while RE7 will probably do alright, it has zero chance of being capcom's best selling game. RE6 cost it that.

Let's see what happens.

I don't think it will matter just like it didn't matter for FFXIV 2.0 that FFXIII wasn't well received and that FFXIV 1.0 was garbage. SE made a good game with FFXIV 2.0 and that's all that mattered. The same with happen with FFXV, and in Capcom's case RE7, if the games themselves are good imo.

These are long standing series, just one or two bad entries won't turn their fans away.

Let's see what happens.

I don't think it will matter just like it didn't matter for FFXIV 2.0 that FFXIII wasn't well received and that FFXIV 1.0 was garbage. SE made a good game with FFXIV 2.0 and that's all that mattered. The same with happen with FFXV, and in Capcom's case RE7, if the games themselves are good imo.

These are long standing series, just one or two bad entries won't turn their fans away.

I was just speaking to your assertion that it would be capcom's best selling game ever.

That's not going to happen and it's especially not happening after RE6.

That it'll probably sell well is almost certain, though. The name still carries some weight to it, even if it's not at the same levels as it was half a decade ago.

rhandino

Banned
Resident Evil 6 is fantastic, glad it got all those coins.

Also incredible numbers for DMC4, now we just need that DMC5 =D

Jawmuncher

RE7 will be fine. As long as they keep marketing high and let reviews pop up a week earlier or so showing that it's a good game, they basically fixed any issues they had from the previous games reception. Which is still selling so I don't think it's as low as people think.

ChrisD

Its a lock for the west, the question is will we get the vanilla version or not.

Hopefully it is just a stop-gap or something akin to P3rd. I want to believe in a 2016 worldwide release so badly.

Side-note, a G-Version of Cross would look like something straight out of algebra. MH:XG.

Top Bottom