• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot: Capcom Profit Jumps 100%. MH4U at 3.9m worldwide"

Umm we have no idea how much DMC4SE contributed. All those other games put in work too and there's no indication DMC4SE outsold those.

Well keep in mind that it came out digitally for the most part and if Capcom said it did well its a good sign that there is still demand for classic DMC. Which is kind of proof in the pudding given how DmC got a disc re-released and it still did not set the world on fire. I'm down for a trade off of them jumping to each one every few years. As long as they try to respect fans who loved the series from day one and not turn it into a old school vs new school war among fans.

Lernaean

Banned
Good to see Rev2 still going strong, and ofc, above all, good to see DMC4SE sold well.
And it definitely did if Capcom says it did. Remember, this is the company that wasn't happy with RE6 sales XD

RiZ III

Capcom did well when they released high quality games made by their internal studios. So now please outsourcing your ips to shitty western studios!

Calamari41

41 > 38
MH4U came out just six months ago and it's still selling.

The franchise is growing in the west, but I doubt there's a market for yearly releases.

What's the general feeling for when MH5 would potentially be coming out? I'm not familiar with the typical release cycle for these games. Could that potentially be coming out in Japan during the first year of the NX handheld?

Either way, I hope we can get MH5 soon after the Japanese release. These are legit sales for the West, and still going, as you said.

Akiller

Nice. Please announce DMC 5 and go from Crapcom to Clapcom.

cwWAcAk.gif

I see what you did there.

Sesha

Here are all of the updated sales from the Platinum Titles page:

RE5 - 6.8 - 6.9 million
RE6 - 6.2 - 6.3 million
MH4U - 3.4 - 3.9 million
DR3 - 1.7 - 1.9 million
MvC2 - 1.4 million *new entry*
RERev2 - 1.1 - 1.4 million
REHD - 1 million *new entry*
DMCHD - 1 million *new entry*

rhandino

Banned
Fantastic at being shit.
Shit games don't sell like this.

RE6 was one of the best coops experiences and while it was more action packed than the previous games It was filled with content, fanservice and sometimes even horror =P

Make RE2 Remake HD Capcom. That's what needs to happen.
It's going to happen, thanks to REmake HD and Rev2 they know that fans want classic survivor horror and that those fans are very willing to throw coin at them when they are well served.

Hustler

not sure if joke post.

But the devs did a 180. Game is best version yet.

How is it a joke post? I asked I wonder how well USFIV performed on PS4 sales wise....this is a sales thread. Especially since it's only on PS4......

I agree, they did turn around the quality of the port around fairly quickly and I play the game almost every day.

Top Bottom