• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop 11/1-11/14: 50% off PS HD Collections

Het_Nkik

Just tried to get R&C Collection on the website with the SONY50 coupon and it said that code doesn't apply to that game. Goddamnit.

Yeah, it works for me on Ratchet. But after tax and shipping it comes out to over $21 which isn't that great of a savings.

Can't get it to work with Journey CE, though. EDIT: Nevermind, working with Journey. Nice.

Einhander

So as long as I go into GameStop, sign up for the Power Up Rewards card, I can get 50% off from the games in the OP?

Is that still a valid method?

got Journey CE for $16.86 shipped :D

Taxes Get adjusted Right Away I checked my CC and the price was adjusted automatically to $15.93 and same for Kill zone Set for 21.24

:D and not having to deal with Gamestop wankers priceless

Dragun619

I tried my Gamestop and they couldn't get it to work and after a while they found that I needed a coupon.
It was all cool though, lady was nice and she tried looking up for new emails and calling customer service
and said they basically suck cause it put her on hold and kept asking unnecessary questions like my phone #, name, etc.

After that went to go try Best Buy across the street and fortunately for me they said they'll price match it.
Just went to Customer Service to ask if they price match gamestop and they asked what I'm price matching then I showed them the website on my phone and she said that it's for members only
but I mentioned that the membership is free. She talked to her manager and she ok it. Picked up Infamous, Journey, Ratchet & Clank for $15.99 each (including the tax) and Killzone for $19.99.
Couldn't find Ico collection but I'm very satisfied with these four. Man, So glad that they price matched it at Best Buy and that the entire process went pretty smooth.
So I like to say Thank you Square Triangle, Really hope you don't lose your job over this.

Cels

Went to store after work, they took 10 min to try and figure out wtf was going on when I told them of the deal. The girl behind the counter made 3 phone calls and no one she called heard of it. Finally I said I'll just get my laptop and show them the page with the black banner (since then it's disappeared) since I had it open, so I showed it to them and got Journey half-off after she did some override in the computer and had to write down my info in a book that looked kind of like a receiptbook.

Now I come home and see that a code would've worked just fine for online orders. Eh...still got the game in my hands for a good price.

lvclix

Banned
wow. Fuck Gamestop. I locked in my pick up on the site for in store pick up, went down there and they won't honor it.

Lost my business for life.

Cheddahz

Banned
Well um my local Gamestop doesn't have R&C in stock, so looks like I'm just going to pick up Ico/SotC tomorrow when I run up there or I might pick up the Jak and Daxter Collection (again), is it worth it to play through Jak III if you didn't like Jak II?

Dragun619

The deal has a dedicated page now. http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-selectsonycollections Since it says a coupon is required, will I not be able to use that for a price match at Best Buy or wherever?

Hm, one of the users on CAG posted his coupon for the deal.
http://i.imgur.com/EEKy3.png?1

Maybe if you print out the coupon and show them the deal page, They might price match it at Best Buy or wherever. If they ask why, you could say you needed a sealed copy, reward zone points, or somethin.

Darknight

Guys can we reuse the GS coupon for separate orders or is it a one time deal?? Just got power in NY town so forgive me for asking something old i supposed.

Guys can we reuse the GS coupon for separate orders or is it a one time deal?? Just got power in NY town so forgive me for asking something old i supposed.
I was able to place two separate orders, one for Journey CE and one for Ratchet & Clank. I used the SONY50 and SAVER codes and they both worked each time. $16.20 each for me.

Thanks a million, Square Triangle!

Shipping and tax kills the deal for me, only interested in the Ico and SOTC collection, and I end up saving less than $5 when all is said and done.

Einhander

I ended up signing up for a free, basic Power Up Rewards card while at GameStop, but I didn't get any games. I was told by the employee that the deal hasn't started yet and that a coupon would be sent on November 5th (I think) and that PUR members may or may not get the 50% off coupon, it's randomized as it's been mentioned in the thread. But forget it, I ended up buying the collections I wanted at Target using the Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal again. I got the Jak & Daxter Collection and Ratchet & Clank Collection.

Castcoder

Banned
I went to Best Buy after my GameStop didn't have the deal, talked to the guy in the game section about it. I showed him this thread and after about five minutes he said "Fuck it! Go grab the games you want and I'll ring you up." Got KillZone Trilogy, God of War Origins and and Journey CE for $48, yes, that's eight games for $50.

Archon473

Isn't the GOW Saga supposed to come with a psn + voucher for 1 month or something?

Yes, the box advertises this.

EDIT: I cannot find a high res screenshot, but Gamestop's website mentions the 1-month voucher in the product details.

I went to Best Buy after my GameStop didn't have the deal, talked to the guy in the game section about it. I showed him this thread and after about five minutes he said "Fuck it! Go grab the games you want and I'll ring you up." Got KillZone Trilogy, God of War Origins and and Journey CE for $48, yes, that's eight games for $50.

Together, we'll run those bastards out of business
just not before I grab the Injustice Red Son pre-order bonus

Het_Nkik

Is the SONY50 code still working for anyone?

I got a bunch of games yesterday but wasn't sure about Jak. Finally decided I will get Jak and now the code isn't working for me.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Question about the Journey collection: do I need to install the games? Or will everything just run off the disc? Stupid question, I know.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

Was he a GAffer?

Top Bottom