• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop and EB Games Canada won't guarantee Day 1 preorders for Wii U

Glass Joe

Looks like I can go in at 9 on Sunday to pick my WiiU up, still haven't figured out what, if any, launch games I will buy. Wish Wonderful 101 was a launch title.

I'm going with Nintendoland (deluxe bundle), Mario U and Zombi U. From reviews, the first two seem like solid, safe bets. Zombi U could be the wildcard. I expect some great reviews and some bad reviews. I think it might be a quality game that could be love/hate with people though, depending if they enjoy the gamepad mechanic in it or not. If you think FPS and get survival horror, it might be offputting, or vice versa.

I'm thinking of doing Gamefly for a couple months to check out some 3rd party stuff that's probably worth playing but might not be worth me owning (Sonic, Ninja Gaiden, COD).

Pretty much expected that not all pre-orders would be filled, but September 25 is not very long after they first became available. I pre-ordered mine at EB on the 21st and got a call today that they have a system for me. With all the news of pre-orders running out around the time I got mine, I was worried that even that would be too late - crazy how fast they seemed to go.

Banned
Wow. I pass on information I was told by my eb games manager and get called a troll lol. Oh gaf, you so crazy. And now other members are going into the store and hearing the same thing. It's a Canadian issue. I haven't got a call but she said I was good for Sunday cuz I paid in full and got the third preorder.

Wow. I pass on information I was told by my eb games manager and get called a troll lol. Oh gaf, you so crazy. And now other members are going into the store and hearing the same thing. It's a Canadian issue. I haven't got a call but she said I was good for Sunday cuz I paid in full and got the third preorder.

I'm going in tomorrow to check that info. Mines fully paid...but I have NO idea what pre-order number I am.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Mine is fully paid and I'm between 10th-15th pre-order. (Counts both Basic and Deluxe).

It's a GAMESTOP, it better damn have enough consoles!

I didnt get a call either, but the manager of the store i went to said there was a system there for me. So we'll likely all get calls tomorrow.

Glass Joe

I didn't call ya a troll. You just made me hyper aware of my preorder. Probably not a bad thing. But the thread title "Gamestop and EB Games Canada..." makes it sound like a US *and* Canada issue. US Gamestops stopped preordering deluxes the day after the price announcement which made that thread title startling. Anyway hope ya get one.

Glass Joe

Confirmed my preorder availability in store earlier today. About a half hour ago I just got a couple text messages too, so I appear to be good to go :)

Banned
I went to the store today and confirmed that I am second in line and getting one for sure. They aren't taking walk ins so no need to lineup :)

I didn't call ya a troll. You just made me hyper aware of my preorder. Probably not a bad thing. But the thread title "Gamestop and EB Games Canada..." makes it sound like a US *and* Canada issue. US Gamestops stopped preordering deluxes the day after the price announcement which made that thread title startling. Anyway hope ya get one.
Well Canada has both EB Games and GameStop's. It's weird lol. Didn't mean to confuse or scare people.

If I chose Standard Shipping, and I have not received any notification that it has indeed shipped from Toys R Us, you guys think it will ship out until Monday? I work for FedEx and we don't ship nothing out Sundays. Fuck, when do you think I might be getting my Wii U?

krae_man

Okay, I still haven't received a call about my WiiU yet so I decided to call up my EB. Dude who answers says "If you haven't got a call yet, that probably means you aren't getting one tomorrow. But hang on and I'll check just to be sure, let my just finish up with my customer at my till first"

then he puts the phone down and I can hear the following conversation in the background:

EB GUY 1: Have we done the preorder calls for the WiiU yet?
EB Guy 2: umm no
EB Guy 1: Good lord, how are we going to find time to make all the calls now?
EB Guy 2: ...

Then he picks up the phone apologizes for me not receiving a call yet, confirms my WiiU is there and I can pick it up when the open tomorrow which is noon.

They're not even opening an hour early. I have to work tomorrow at 5pm and Survivor Series is on. I'm not going to get any WiiU time tomorrow:(

Kamek

my gamestop is closed due to sandy. the one i preordered my wii u from. anyone else with this issue? what did you do? mine was going to do a midnight launch :( (i'm in queens,ny)

Anth0ny

So I preordered my Base Wii U on September 26th from my local Future Shop.

I called them and they said I will 100% be able to pick it up tomorrow at any time.

So yeah.

I DON'T TRUST HIM I'M GOING AT 5AM

Top Bottom