• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Arkham knight exclusive: playable red hood (Jason Todd)

Wait the red hood is jason todd?!?!!?!? HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE YET!!!

/sculli

But seriously. I'm unhappy about this because I did not pre-order from here.

SoulUnison

Banned
How do you even pre-order a Steam game from GameStop?

Not that I will, anyway. not even for Jason Todd.
Screw this anti-consumer crap.

rvy

Banned
This is not the sort of big announcement that I was expecting.

But that sort of, kinda, maybe removes any legitimacy to the theory that Arkham Knight may be Red Hood theory.

Wait what? We just had a flashback game and they didn't take that opportunity to set up Jason as Red Hood? Having Jason just show up in the arkham games with no prior acknowledgement of his existence is sorta lazy.

Also, that design sucks. I far prefer the helmet style.

This is one of my most anticipated games but I'll wait for the GOTY edition. The only thing worse than day one DLC is retailer exclusive day one DLC.

This exists to throw off the fact the Arkham Knight is probably Jason Todd right?

It's not like the devs have been vague, they have explicitly denied that Arkham Knight is an existing DCU character. While it is possible they'll pull the "we had to lie to keep the secret" thing, I don't really see any reason to believe that it's the case. If I have to read one more snarky post about how Arkham Knight is secretly The Joker I may lose my mind.

I'm willing to bet this Jason Todd stuff is pretty meaningless, like almost all exclusive DLC is. It will not affect my decision of where to buy the game.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
They couldn't even get the costume right.

Wait what? We just had a flashback game and they didn't take that opportunity to set up Jason as Red Hood? Having Jason just show up in the arkham games with no prior acknowledgement of his existence is sorta lazy.

Also, that design sucks. I far prefer the helmet style.
Under the Red Hood DLC outfit. I would pay actual money for Jensen Ackles Red Hood DLC voice pack.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Oh great more games being chopped up into 45 different versions. I'm not going to applaud you, Gamestop.

2jjF4bV.jpg

g0X3DqZ.png

If I have to read one more snarky post about how Arkham Knight is secretly The Joker I may lose my mind.

That's the meta part of this game

It's possible Rocksteady considers Arkham Knight a separate character from their secret identity, similar to how Batman and Bruce Wayne get separate bios in these games.

Oh great more games being chopped up into 45 different versions. I'm not going to applaud you, Gamestop.

This series has a precedent for permanent exclusive DLC too, iirc.

Top Bottom