• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Arkham knight exclusive: playable red hood (Jason Todd)

erawsd

That's because Deathstroke is a lazy Robin reskin.

Which makes me wonder what this will turn out to be. Creating playable characters in these games seem like a heavy undertaking, its hard to believe that he will only be playable in the Gamestop DLC.

1) who is jason todd?
2) Isn't the red hood one of the robins?
3) that red hood costume is shit. Why couldn't they stick closer to the actual red hood?
4) what a shit announcement.

1. Second Robin after Dick. Jason was killed by Joker then brought back went crazy due to resurrection via Lazarus pit, no longer crazy but prefers to just kill people instead of almost killing them like Bruce does, trains with All Caste at some point so he's like mystical and shit.

Alternatively read Jason Todd cause I skipped alot of shit.

2. Yes, see number 1.

3. Because, we gamers don't deserve good things ;_;

4. Agreed

GavinUK86

Well, yes, that is literally a red hood. That's to drown out the 'Jason Todd is Arkham Knight' people. Still could be I guess but now it's doubtful.

DedValve

Banned
1. Second Robin after Dick. Jason was killed by Joker then brought back went crazy due to resurrection via Lazarus pit, no longer crazy but prefers to just kill people instead of almost killing them like Bruce does, trains with All Caste at some point so he's like mystical and shit.

Alternatively read Jason Todd cause I skipped alot of shit.

2. Yes, see number 1.

3. Because, we gamers don't deserve good things ;_;

4. Agreed

Thanks. The only thing I know of the red hood was that animated movie on netflix Under the Red Hood which was pretty badass.

The design was understated but effective this....this is.....eww.

Makes me not feel bad at all that I'll skip gamestop and this dlc.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
It's not like the devs have been vague, they have explicitly denied that Arkham Knight is an existing DCU character. While it is possible they'll pull the "we had to lie to keep the secret" thing, I don't really see any reason to believe that it's the case. If I have to read one more snarky post about how Arkham Knight is secretly The Joker I may lose my mind.

Rocksteady brought this upon themselves.

Which makes me wonder what this will turn out to be. Creating playable characters in these games seem like a heavy undertaking, its hard to believe that he will only be playable in the Gamestop DLC.

Robin and Nightwing were only playable in Arkham City DLC. They had their own gadgets and animations against specific enemy types. It wouldn't be unprecedented.

Village

ibnTy1asQme4X6.png

that looks kinda stupid

Thanks. The only thing I know of the red hood was that animated movie on netflix Under the Red Hood which was pretty badass.

The design was understated but effective this....this is.....eww.

Makes me not feel bad at all that I'll skip gamestop and this dlc.

how in the heck did you watch that movie and not know he was Jason Todd?

Village

1) who is jason todd?
2) Isn't the red hood one of the robins?
3) that red hood costume is shit. Why couldn't they stick closer to the actual red hood?
4) what a shit announcement.

1) 2nd robin jayson todd
2)Yes
3) its actually pretty close, traded in a helmet for a hood.
4) nah breh, in the case of exclusive dlc yes. in the case of it being jayson todd related no

sjay1994

They took the "red hood" pretty literally. Not a fan of this design. Should have used something akin to the comic run or the under the red hood design. Fuck I should go watch that movie again.

Also... is Assassins Creed Comet even a thing anymore?

erawsd

Robin and Nightwing were only playable in Arkham City DLC. They had their own gadgets and animations against specific enemy types. It wouldn't be unprecedented.

Yeah but they weren't exclusive to a retailer. Retailer exclusives have never been so substantial.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
This and Hearts of Iron 4 are going to make Q1 2015 for me.

this will likely make 2015 for me. AA & AC are two of my favorite games.

WHAT???? WHY ARE DOING THIS??

I dont have a gamestop in my country, how can I play as Red Hood now??? :(((((

it'll be $15 dlc after some point

and then it'll be on sale for $4 at some point after that

chances are high this will just be some filler content anyway

Batman_under_the_red_hood_poster.jpg

Educate yourself

also yes everyone should watch this, absolutely

Omega

Banned
How do you even pre-order a Steam game from GameStop?

Not that I will, anyway. not even for Jason Todd.
Screw this anti-consumer crap.

they now sell Steam/Origin/uPlay codes. they make a bigger profit so buy a steam card instead if you ever do decide to

Yeah but they weren't exclusive to a retailer. Retailer exclusives have never been so substantial.

Depends on what counts as substantial. If "story pack" refers to content like the Initiation DLC which just consists of challenge maps tied together with some story, then the Joker content for AA on PS3 could considered the same thing. That had exclusive game over screen dialogue and Joker fight animations/gadgets. That was all really basic, but so was AA overall.

That was a while ago though. No telling if WB would stick to the same practice.

Gun Animal

Usually this kind of shit just makes me want to boycott but Now I want the game even more. the Red Hood is my favorite DC character (one of my favorite fictional characters, period) and he's what I've wanted in an Arkham game since day 1. I'll be sad if he's not part of the main story, but this is still awesome.

There's like a bunch of robins. I only know of Dick that becomes Nightwing and then theres a new robin and I guess Red hood is the one that was in between nightwing and new robin or whatever.

See my previous post :p

Movie was great though. I need to rewatch.

my point was that they say he's Jason Todd multiple times in the movie lol

This is one of my most anticipated games but I'll wait for the GOTY edition. The only thing worse than day one DLC is retailer exclusive day one DLC.

Thinking the exact same. I hate exclusive content. From the PS4 scarecrow dlc to this. I'll wait a year until all of it is one package, and Arkham was one of my favorite IP's last gen.

Hopefully we get more details at comic con or atleast tomorrow. If the DLC is of any significance it probably will be available at launch for separate purchase, and the exclusive tag is just for pre order bonus.

erawsd

Depends on what counts as substantial. If "story pack" refers to content like the Initiation DLC which just consists of challenge maps tied together with some story, then the Joker content for AA on PS3 could considered the same thing. That had exclusive game over screen dialogue and Joker fight animations/gadgets. That was all really basic, but so was AA overall.

That was a while ago though. No telling if WB would stick to the same practice.

By substantial I mean whether Red Hood will be a basic reskin like Deathstroke or fully realized like Catwoman/Robin in AC with entirely unique combat animations and abilities. The former seems more likely for something that will be limited to a single retailer. However, if its the latter, I wonder if he'll end up playable in some other capacity.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He looks terrible, especially in the context of the art we've seen from the game thus far. Expected more jagged edges and armor plates.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hyped for this news. The outfit looks awful, but he'll have 1-2 alternates to choose from so it's not a big deal. Under The Red Hood outfit with Jensen voicing it, please.

This DLC won't stay exclusive and it will be included in any GotY edition so there's no need to get upset.

Robin was 'exclusive' here, for like a month before he released on PSN.

erawsd

Man, the character designs in these Arkham games all suck.

I think its very hit/miss. I'm not fond of this Red Hood, but I think the new Scarecrow is one of the best I've seen. I also think their Robin, Penguin, and Riddler designs are great... while Bane, Croc, and Clayface are all awful.

Top Bottom