• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Arkham knight exclusive: playable red hood (Jason Todd)

yGray

Banned
Maybe the Arkham Knight is Bruce Wayne's son from some origin. Maybe he banged Talia 20 years ago while training. This game's version of Damian Wayne?

Drayco21

Another awful costume- which is a real shame because I really liked a lot of the redesigns in Asylum. Combine that with gross retailer exclusive content heavy pre-order exclusive bullshit, and a character who's almost always written and portrayed as garbage, and I can't believe I'm still going to end up day one-ing this game. But I will, because I'm a sucker for comic book shit.

But I'll be mildly angry about my lack of resolve while pre-ordering it.

Some Nobody

It's not like the devs have been vague, they have explicitly denied that Arkham Knight is an existing DCU character. While it is possible they'll pull the "we had to lie to keep the secret" thing, I don't really see any reason to believe that it's the case. If I have to read one more snarky post about how Arkham Knight is secretly The Joker I may lose my mind.

Yeah, it was mildly amusing the first couple times I saw it. But seeing it several months later it is no longer clever and it just makes fans sound stupid. Speaking of things that make me white hot with rage...

1) who is jason todd?
2) Isn't the red hood one of the robins?
3) that red hood costume is shit. Why couldn't they stick closer to the actual red hood?
4) what a shit announcement.

I'm a hardcore comic geek. Like, literally a dyed-in-the-wool, I read about five dozen comics a month (four dozen of which are superheroes) fanboy. I don't even give a fuck about this outfit, so why do all these people who don't even know who Red Hood is, give a shit? The Arkham Robin costume was pure trash and Tim Drake is my favorite character and I didn't even care.

Plus like someone else said, he'll have an alternate costume or two so who cares?

That said, retailer specific DLC aside? We're getting closer and closer to an Arkham game I'll actually buy. Just confirm either Robin or Nightwing and I'll pre-order.

Village

Another awful costume- which is a real shame because I really liked a lot of the redesigns in Asylum. Combine that with gross retailer exclusive content heavy pre-order exclusive bullshit, and a character who's almost always written and portrayed as garbage, and I can't believe I'm still going to end up day one-ing this game. But I will, because I'm a sucker for comic book shit.

But I'll be mildly angry about my lack of resolve while pre-ordering it.

what in the world?

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm a hardcore comic geek. Like, literally a dyed-in-the-wool, I read about five dozen comics a month (four dozen of which are superheroes) fanboy. I don't even give a fuck about this outfit, so why do all these people who don't even know who Red Hood is, give a shit? The Arkham Robin costume was pure trash and Tim Drake is my favorite character and I didn't even care.

Red Hood's outfits almost always look like shitty. Struggling to think of a portrayal where he looks better than passable, brown jacket over body armor looks silly as hell. At least this design is color coordinated.

Liked Tim Drake Robin's costume, but his short hair looked god awful. I just used the animated series / Red Robin skins. If he's returning for this one I want his New 52 Red Robin outfit. Not sure why Nightwing/Robin wouldn't return, but these Arkham games don't like bringing old playable characters back for some reason.

Doesn't look like him. Isn't that a spoiler? I'm thinking of skipping this game until the GOTY version, what the fuck is with all the extra content not given unless you buy the game a certain way? Good job guys, you're doing a good job convincing me to buy it when it's 20$

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Can I order Killer is Dead online for $9.99 or is this sale starting tomorrow? lol

I think the Red Hood thing is cool, but if you aren't a Batman fan, then it'll come off as being something to say "okay... whose he?".

Edit: sale starts tomorrow.

Why so exclusive? It's suppose to be the entire package retailers and developers! What's your excuse? We want one game, with all the content, on one disc, bought from a single store, without the bells and whistles! They're turning a single game into a Transformer with exclusive pieces. We buy a game once, maybe twice for different platforms. Guy A is lucky to buy from Store 1, but Guy B think his sucks because he bought it from Store 2.

Some Nobody

Red Hood's outfits almost always look like shitty. Struggling to think of a portrayal where he looks better than passable, brown jacket over body armor looks silly as hell. At least this design is color coordinated.

Liked Tim Drake Robin's costume, but his short hair looked god awful. I just used the animated series / Red Robin skins. If he's returning for this one I want his New 52 Red Robin outfit. Not sure why Nightwing/Robin wouldn't return, but these Arkham games don't like bringing old playable characters back for some reason.

There's really no trend to speak of here, though. Origins couldn't have used any older characters if they wanted to.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
What if Damien is Batman and Bruce is the Arkham Knight?

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

What if Terry McGinnis is Batman, Bruce is the Joker and Martha Wayne is Arkham Knight

Wrong because Martha Wayne is the Joker
ppNqqLM.gif

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I ORDERED THIS FROM AMAZON, SON OF A BITCH.

GODDAMMIT.

I THOUGHT ARKHAM KNIGHT WAS RED HOOD!?

FUCK THE WORLD.

This is marketing 101. This is how guys in business suits decide how to run a game store. ;) It's a 401k to the guys upstairs. It's lost exclusive content for others.

Actually; you might get it on the e-store considering how far a DLC-sale will go these days.

Reule

As if I wasn't getting it already but looks like GameStop is getting my money. Him actually have a red hood is pretty hilarious. I'm sure there will be alternates.

Red

What if Terry McGinnis is Batman, Bruce is the Joker and Martha Wayne is Arkham Knight
Arkham Knight is not an existing DCU character.

It's not like the devs have been vague, they have explicitly denied that Arkham Knight is an existing DCU character. While it is possible they'll pull the "we had to lie to keep the secret" thing, I don't really see any reason to believe that it's the case. If I have to read one more snarky post about how Arkham Knight is secretly The Joker I may lose my mind.
Listen to TDM, ThoseDeafMutes.

Applebite

You see, they're trying to tell me that this is "retailer exclusive pre-order dlc", but the only words that I seem to be able to see are "a ruthless assfucking of our consumers". I am so sick of this shit, even if they come up with some "don't worry, you can buy this stuff as DLC after the game comes out!" crap. Can I not just get all the content the developer made for the game when I pay full price without having an asterisk attached at the end?

BPoole

Should have just made Green Arrow the a playable character since him and Batman are basically the same character with the same morals aside one kills and the other doesn't.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I really wish Rocksteady would have headhunted some of WB Montreal's designers away from them. Arkham Origins' character designs danced circles around Rocksteady's.

Some Nobody

Seriously. This is a serious question here. Why is he called Red Hood, then? My Google search yielded nothing.

It's a terrible misnomer. When Jason Todd first returned from the dead he wore a big red helmet. Of course, the Red Hood outfit has undergone numerous changes so it's not like he was particularly attached to the first suit.

Can't wait to play this. After they release a GotY Edition with everything on it.
Yyyep.

If I wasn't going to wait until the GotY edition I certainly am now. Having store or DLC exclusive content this far from release is absolutely disgusting, especially since these are apparently story packs and not just bonus characters for certain modes.

original red hood wore a red big mysterio looking plastic case on their head. It was just the name.

That isn't a hood!

I mean, usually there's a production or story reason for things like this. Like the Lone Ranger was actually lonesome before Tonto comes along. Or Masked Rider actually rode motorcycle to transform before the accident happened. Is there any for Red Hood?

Because the writers thought it sounded cooler than Red Helmet?
Couldn't they think of a less descriptive name that doesn't quite clash? I doubt when Robin was created there was any discussion on whether to call him the Red-Green Suit or not.

Top Bottom