• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Arkham knight exclusive: playable red hood (Jason Todd)

It's not like the devs have been vague, they have explicitly denied that Arkham Knight is an existing DCU character. While it is possible they'll pull the "we had to lie to keep the secret" thing, I don't really see any reason to believe that it's the case. If I have to read one more snarky post about how Arkham Knight is secretly The Joker I may lose my mind.
All it takes is one bad day

g0X3DqZ.png

Nononono, no Red Hood lips please.

GameStop exclusive?

Seriously...this has gotta stop. Arkham City did the same thing and I will do what I did for that game; don't pre order and wait for the goty edition.

Store exclusives are a gross practice. -_-

Owzers

i look forward to renting this game, playing whatever content is left for commoners, and returning it when i finish or it gets boring.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Uhhh... Red Hood uses guns. And, like,kills dudes. Though I guess so does Harley...

Either way, are they just going to try and ignore that or give some excuse like "Oh he is shooting their limbs, so, y'know, they're totally fine. Because that's how getting shot works."

erawsd

Uhhh... Red Hood uses guns. And, like,kills dudes. Though I guess so does Harley...

Either way, are they just going to try and ignore that or give some excuse like "Oh he is shooting their limbs, so, y'know, they're totally fine. Because that's how getting shot works."

Why would they need to come up with an excuse? They can just have him kill people.

ShadowLag

I already pre-ordered at my preferred retailer, Amazon. Not for bonuses, just because I want the game delivered to me as soon as possible with no hassle. I'm not going to cancel my order and switch to Gamestop because they offer ECKXSLUSIVE DLCCCC, sorry Gamestop, please stop ruining my favorite video games.

LAA

Sigh. Retailer exclusive pre order dlc... I hate it with a passion. I bet Game will get it in the UK. All this move does is hurt me. I'm not selling my soul to buy from Game, so content I will be without sadly.

DedValve

Banned
1) who is jason todd?
2) Isn't the red hood one of the robins?
3) that red hood costume is shit. Why couldn't they stick closer to the actual red hood?
4) what a shit announcement.

Ghazi

Oh, man. Someone in the original thread discussion about the Arkham Knight identity thread is about to eat so much crow when this game comes out.

I mean, literally, he offered to donate his balls if he was wrong.

Arkham Knight deconfirmed as red hood + awesome looking model. Hope this is buyable seperate on PC, already prepurchased game at GMG for like $38.

edit: Also I'm 99% sure that they'll have alt skins for him in his challenge mode, they already did for red robin and nightwing. Rocksteady wouldn't let easy money go away for a preorder exclusive, probably timed exclusive.

SeanTSC

Still buying it at Best Buy, since I'm effectively getting it for $38 new there (20% off + $10 in rewards cash). If the Red Hood DLC is worth playing I'll pick it up later for far less than the amount of money I'll have saved.

Stop this shit Gamestop, it's dumb and I still won't buy from you until you can be competitive with BB.

Jedi2016

This is my favorite kind of exclusive DLC... the kind I don't give a shit about so I can buy it wherever the fuck I want.

store exclusive preorder DLC is the worst shit ever, makes me not want to buy the game at all, the fact that I really like the Red Hood makes this worse.

I remember when a bunch of pubs/devs were whining like crazy about Gamestop and yet they continue to do shit like this, guess I should buy it used.

I don't get the hate for the design, it looks fine to me.

This retailer bullshit doesn't affect the Steam release, right?

They have the pc version listed so I'm assuming yes. MK9 (same publisher, WB) had classic costumes for pre order at several different retailers but eventually released them for downlaod (paid I think). Just preorder it off GMG or something and you'll save more money in the long run and just pay for the dlc.

Top Bottom