• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop has Gamecube Adapter for Wii U: $19.99 - Ships by 12/15 (Online Only)

PrinceKee

Damn it too slow again. So wanted to snag one of these. I do have a question though. How long are the USB cord that plugs into the Wii U? I know the Gamecube controller cords are already really short and wanted to know if they compensate that with the adapter cable length...

MattyG

Banned
So they only take the funds from your account when it ships, like Amazon? So say, hypothetically, I spent some money between now and when it ships and my account went below the price of the adapter, it wouldn't matter as long as I had it in there on the 15th? I'd hate for my order to get cancelled because of a stupid mistake on my end.

Teletraan1

Banned
Does this adapter work on the 3DS? Otherwise how do people even play the 3DS version? I doubt the 3DS is a 1:1 for a gamecube pad so wouldn't people's muscle memory be fucked in that version.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Damn it too slow again. So wanted to snag one of these. I do have a question though. How long are the USB cord that plugs into the Wii U? I know the Gamecube controller cords are already really short and wanted to know if they compensate that with the adapter cable length...

It's actually pretty long. The newer Gamecube controllers also have longer wires.

Was in stock longer than I expected. I wonder if they really know how many they're getting, or just have some random number to cut off orders at.

Dominator

Had one since launch, glad it came back in stock somewhere so people can grab them. I picked up 3 more GameCube controllers last night at the Nintendo World store just because I love that Smash logo on it. $30 a pop lol

The Lamp

The new GameCube controllers I think are 9 ft long or so.

The adapter itself is a couple of feet long in wiring. I'd have to measure when I get home.

Afro

from slickdeals: "Had a huge heads up on this deal. Was able to make 7 gamestop accounts and check out fully before it went OOS"

dvX832z.png

Sephzilla

from slickdeals: "Had a huge heads up on this deal. Was able to make 7 gamestop accounts and check out fully before it went OOS"

dvX832z.png

Did he use the same CC for each account?

Wish Gamestop would retroactively go back and cancel 6 of them.

Hugstable

Banned

dvX832z.png

10 ft on the white ones.

Holy shit that's fucked up...

I feel like this is gonna keep happening also unless Nintendo decides to make a ton of them so they can be in stores everywhere. Sad

PrinceKee

The new GameCube controllers I think are 9 ft long or so.

The adapter itself is a couple of feet long in wiring. I'd have to measure when I get home.

Wow 9ft? Been a while since I played with a GCN controller but, it's cord felt like 4ft. Felt like you were really close to the console when playing. Can't check Gamestop at work, but are they sold out of the GCN controller also?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Wow 9ft? Been a while since I played with a GCN controller but, it's cord felt like 4ft. Felt like you were really close to the console when playing. Can't check Gamestop at work, but are they sold out of the GCN controller also?

Yeah the extra length is SUPER nice. I was worried too before I got it and the adapter.

thanks for this!!

managed to order one in time. gonna be a long delivery as i'm in the UK but i'm ok with it.

stupid amazon screwed me over and ruined all my preorders; i ended up with a useless gamecube controller for £10. now i'll be able to play smash properly for christmas :D

Is there a "break in" period for the GCN controllers? I got it with the Smash bundle and it feels sorta stiff and slower compared to the gamepad or Pro controller.

Kelia

I missed this.

It bugs me when people buy multiple items, that people WANT to use, when they are just going to flip it for double or triple the amount. =\ I understand why they do this, but it does not mean I have to like it.

Has anyone received shipment confirmations on their order?

I ordered mine about 15 minutes after this thread went up, got the order confirmation that day but havent heard since.

Top Bottom