• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop: Preorders for PS3/Wii can only be made in used game tradeins. IN HAWAII

Amir0x

Banned
AniHawk said:
I really dont think a Wii will be that hard to find, to be honest. You could probably wait a few days and walk into a store for one. I don't think it's going to be too terribly popular this Christmas. PS2/360/DS have that covered.

i'm not going to wait, PLUS with PS3 being a big hulking retail joke I expect Wii will actually be quite popular. But Nintendo will ship plenty, so I'm sure it won't be amazingly hard. Regardless, I want it midnight on launch so yeah.

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
i'm not going to wait, PLUS with PS3 being a big hulking retail joke I expect Wii will actually be quite popular. But Nintendo will ship plenty, so I'm sure it won't be amazingly hard. Regardless, I want it midnight on launch so yeah.

Pfft. People who are going to want a PS3 aren't going to get Wii. They'll get a 360 if anything (even though it doesn't work that way).

The Wii will be fighting against the PS2 and DS. And the PS2 and DS are going to win.

Amir0x said:
god i just wish they would start it already so I can make my final launch plans. just want it to be over with... it'd be nice to be able to switch over to EBGames

exactly.

I'm sick of this shit.

Who cares about the X360 dibacle now. Just get me on the ****ing preorder list. I don't care if I'm on the 5th shipment- it's better than feeling like a 10 year old on ritalin waiting for my daily Teletubbie fix... checking the forums at 7am every morning to see if the news has dropped regarding PS3 preorders starting.

Damn... I wonder when Toys R Us is gonna start preorders? :(

Brannon

Affects a lot of people, but not me. I'm not even looking at the PS3 until Sony fixes it twice. Yeah that's right, I made a prediction and I haven't even seen the thing in person, now what? Anyway, with the Wii, if I see it, I'll buy it. Nintendo, unlike everybody else, actually seems to have their act together. If I don't happen to have a Wii after the New Year, I'll start actively looking for one then; by that time all the presenthumpers should be in enough debt again to fear using their credit cards against a videogame system.

Seriously, with MARTA transportation there are just too many stores within a one minute walking distance to pre-order anything.

Wiivember? Wii will see...

daegan

helium121 said:
The Ebay argument: If a customer buys one system and no games or accessories to sell on Ebay, the store has a 1 tie ratio. Companies like Sony or Nintendo will restock depending on the tie ratio of the company. The more games and accessories sold with a system equals a better tie ratio and more systems from the vendor to sell.

Yeah, that is a lie above

Another reason is that if you reserve a system somewhere you're more likely to return to that place to purchase/reserve more games and purchase more accessories.

AniHawk said:
Pfft. People who are going to want a PS3 aren't going to get Wii. They'll get a 360 if anything (even though it doesn't work that way).

The Wii will be fighting against the PS2 and DS. And the PS2 and DS are going to win.

I'm pretty sure Twilight Princess, if marketed correctly, will silence your argument Mr. Crankyness.

AniHawk

Link648099 said:
I'm pretty sure Twilight Princess, if marketed correctly, will silence your argument Mr. Crankyness.

Zelda will be a HUGE seller during Christmas, no doubt. However, as awesome as the best game of all-time will be, it will still be split between two systems. Furthermore, like I said, people who are looking for PS3 are more likely to get the 360 simply based on those games.

Only if you're an impulse buyer will you walk into a store, and think "The PS3 is out. I think I'll get that," only to decide on a Wii instead because the PS3 is out of stock. And those people DON'T EXIST.

The PS2, DS, and Wii will all be fighting for the same share of the pie. And guess what- if a parent can't find what their kid wants, they're not going to get a Wii or PS2 instead. They're gonna get them gift cards.

.hacked

should have checked the thread again before going to Gamestop and making a fool out of myself with all my trade ins :(

Notaok

Banned
.hacked said:
should have checked the thread again before going to Gamestop and making a fool out of myself with all my trade ins :(

I almost did the same thing. I brought three 360 games with me to work thinking i'd go to gamestop on my break. I decided to call them first just to be sure and the guy was like "I have no idea what you're talking about"

WHOOPS

Shawn

Banned
I brought three 360 games with me to work thinking i'd go to gamestop on my break.
Heh, I brought my PSP with me to work this morning thinking I'd stop by my local GameStop to trade it in for credit for a PS3 reservation.

Kapsama

Stupid me just called 6 different Gamestop and EB Games locations and they all said that they're not taking any reservtions. This is in Northern NJ btw.

EB Guy

Burger King viral marketer
Kapsama said:
Stupid me just called 6 different Gamestop and EB Games locations and they all said that they're not taking any reservtions. This is in Northern NJ btw.
did you call me today? (Linden)

Amir0x

Banned
I went to ebgames and put a pre-order down for the Wii game I decided on
it's a secret
, and the guy said they intend to start pre-orders shortly ... it's all depending on when corporate finds out what the shipping numbers will be like for EB/Gamestop. At least, because I pre-ordered Wii games i get a call... I intend to be in that bitch with the quickness.

EB Guy

Burger King viral marketer
Futureman said:
Was there some mention in the big Nintendo thread last week about a Zelda preorder bonus? Or was that false?
yeah you get a wind waker re-make with TP graphics.

Rhindle

I don't think anyone is going to know their allocations until mid-October at the earliest.

So plenty of time to get your trade-in fodder saved up.

Top Bottom