• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Says The Last Guardian Calls Made in Error

Respawn

Banned
Man SCEJ is just a dumpster fire this gen. Absolutely embarrassing to see how they've handled themselves this gen.

That being said I'll still be surprised if it's cancelled. How many years and millions does it take Sony to pull the plug? Well judging from this and LA Noire we're looking at ~5 years and at least $50 million :lol

Your troll is not even worth a star.

FCzd8.jpg

Best part of this thread!!!! This damn pic, damn it's awesome.

O yea, if this game is cancelled, that sucks. I hope for PSN. Or a move to PS4 launch! haha.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Gamestop's not going to give your money back for no reason. It's cancelled.

Sony is stalling.

cajunator

Banned
I've seen you give up early on too many Saints games to know by now that you don't decide the hands of fate!

In fact, you giving up on this game only furthers my conviction that it will see the light of day!

Hold Me
I give up on saints games from previous experiences. It's better for my heart if i'm pessimistic and I enjoy being pleasantly surprised.
I am giving up on this game because it wasn't a huge game for me personally.

Davedough

I wont believe Sony. They once told me I didn't need rumble or backwards compatibility. I dont take anything they say for granted.

Ranger X

This is in fact some intelligent medias manipulation from Sony. They are testing the waters for what would happen if the game had to be cancelled for real and also to measure up the true hype the game is getting.

This means they might PLAN on cancelling if X thing happens soon. That thing we will never know about of course. Maybe Ueda's contract related.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I give up on saints games from previous experiences. It's better for my heart if i'm pessimistic and I enjoy being pleasantly surprised.
I am giving up on this game because it wasn't a huge game for me personally.

*nakamafist*

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope this is all just Gamestop being stupid. Mostly for lulz.

Hex

Banned
I love how people do not even bother to try and confirm anything and just run and jump to conclusions based off of a GAMESTOP call.
SO Gamestop sucks for anything and everything else, but for breaking news they are all of the sudden taken as scripture?

I don't get it, why would gamestop's message say so it's explicitly cancelled. Won't that hurt Sony's bottom line on this, a straight up lie like that?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Don't wanna be a jerk but I think everybody saw this coming, assuming the game was actually canceled.

Edit: or if not, phew, bullet dodged.

What troll?

Do you doubt SCEJ being a joke? You'd probably be the only one here who doesn't.

or do you doubt that Sony puts way too much time and money into failed projects?

Most of Sony's failed projects this generation have been from western studios. A SCEJ studio is responsible for their two best selling games.

Beth Cyra

Well they have denied it twice.

So maybe it is, I still don't belive Gamestop would do this just because. They don't like giving up money unless they have to.

Soroc

More than likely Gamestop was notified by distributors that the game is cancelled and to remove from their distribution lists.

I believe this more than I'll believe an IGN article. They don't even cite who at Sony is claiming this to be false...

Respawn

Banned
I love how people do not even bother to try and confirm anything and just run and jump to conclusions based off of a GAMESTOP call.
SO Gamestop sucks for anything and everything else, but for breaking news they are all of the sudden taken as scripture?

I was thinking the same thing just a few moments ago

Most of Sony's failed projects this generation have been from western studios. A SCEJ studio is responsible for their two best selling games.

You shouldn't have wasted your time Solid.

Kraftwerk

I am not gonna jump on conclusions, but I feel the production has changed to another platform. Be it next-gen or multi-platform I do not know. Gamestop will keep your money as long as possible, so maybe this was just a fuck up?
Awaiting further confirmation. "bites nails"

weeskwee

Banned
you guys sure give Kotaku a lot of shit, but they have come through with some pretty good info lately. It's not like they are IGN where they make up tabloid style headlines just for some clicks.

duckroll

I've been suffering from a flu and feeling kinda terrible lately. I just had a terrible nightmare where Sony apparently decided to cancel The Last Guardian because development was going nowhere and the game simply wasn't fun, and there was no conclusion to it even though all the levels were designed. My first thought was to post this horrifying nightmare on GAF so others could console me and tell me that it isn't true.

What could this mean?

Top Bottom