• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming characters who annoyed you or you hated?

eric-9369-normal.jpg

Who is this?

freemandos

Neo Member
Abby and Ellie from tLoU2 (not 1). I was not only so disconnected of these characters, I wanted both dying miserably.

Quint and Keith from Resident Evil Revelations. My god, and seemed like the game wanted me to like them. I don't missed them in the slighest.

Moira Burton of Revelations 2. So try-hard edgy teenager caricature. It was hearing her saying "fuck Barry" and knew I was going to dislike her.

Mary Jane from Marvel's Spider-man. The worst part of this good game by far. And I like her in the comics, the 90s tas and spectacular series. And it seems Insomniac continues insisting with her.

nikos

Everyone in The Last of Us - Forced myself to finish it over a ~9 year period. Avoided spoilers the entire time, which was easy because that game ended up going nowhere.
Everyone in Horizon: Zero Dawn - Never finished because of those characters.
The new Kratos and Atreus - Never finished GoW 2018 but it was more because the game was boring.
Senua - Couldn't take her bullshit for more than 10 minutes.
Nimbus from Destiny 2 - Obnoxious as fuck.
Frey from Forspoken - Only played the demo and already didn't like her personality.

Last edited:
Clearly Charley and Mai now. I really don’t understand the reasoning for going all in with them. The guy just doesn’t shut up and nearly at every point of interest you get a message from him or from Mai.

Audiophile

Gold Member
Seyka from the Horizon: Burning Shores DLC

Seyka.jpg

What a goddamn drag she was.

And then the completely unearned, out of nowhere love interest thing. As blatantly shoe-horned as it gets.

I didn't want an option to make out with her, I wanted an option to throw her in the lava.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

im annoyed MAI from FFVII Rebirth. she just cant shut up. im playing with japanese version and watching anime all the time but she is on entirely different level of annoying. Dragons Dogma's pawn chatter get hated by some people but this is way worse. her fangirling during fight really irritating, intrusive and didnt do any favour except make my ear bleed. already hate it when i tried the demo for fist time. i get it is japanese things to try sounds cute but this is overblown and distrup the fight tempo. people hate Chadley but she is worse.

xxx monster kenshutsu sa remashITA everytime before fight

lalalalaa during fight. cheering up when even got as kick up

CBU1 should play some persona game lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom