• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gay and Bisexual relationship thread |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

Rez said:
gay GAF is important because it helps people

unless you're bi

in which case fuck off
<3

Edit: And this is one more reason I hate labels, too easy to judge. Judge me on MY actions, not someone who maybe shares part of one attribute with me.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Gay-GAF is more than an insular community. I'm fighting the good fight. This is for helping people feel like they're a PART of something. This is ALTRUISM.

But, I mean do asian's really all have to have such small dicks.

Rez said:
Gay-GAF is more than an insular community. I'm fighting the good fight. This is for helping people feel like they're a PART of something. This is ALTRUISM.

But, I mean do asian's really all have to have such small dicks.
Your horse is high. Let it be known I have no real issue with bisexuals, but I vastly prefer gay men.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Not gay, but I just found it hilarious how there were two gay threads next to a thread titled "women" that was locked. :lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Siebzehn50 said:
Judging an entire group of people based on limited personal experience is fun.
I wouldn't say all that... just general inexperience dealing with it as a whole. Usually when you're in something new for the first time a lot of mistakes get made.

ZephyrFate said:
Your horse is high. Let it be known I have no real issue with bisexuals, but I vastly prefer gay men.

So you have no issue with bisexuals but you're open to insulting us and judging us all base don your experiences? Got it.

Dead Man

Well this is getting ugly. Why the hell does the word 'bisexual' seem to always cause drama? Rez, some people just won't get the irony, nothing you can do.

Siebzehn50 said:
So you have no issue with bisexuals but you're open to insulting us and judging us all base don your experiences? Got it.
Mmm hmm! I'm glad you're taking it as an insult and not just an off-color remark.

DY_nasty said:
I wouldn't say all that... just general inexperience dealing with it as a whole. Usually when you're in something new for the first time a lot of mistakes get made.

I was referring to ZephyrFate specifically with that comment not your thread.

And my original comment was referring to others in your thread like RubyxCub

ZephyrFate said:
Mmm hmm! I'm glad you're taking it as an insult and not just an off-color remark.

Too many gays seem to hate bis. I guess I'm defensive.

Earlier this week I was contacted by a very very sexy guy on A4A.

And he's sending me all these super hot messages. He's a seems like a cool guy and he's like 15 years older than me.
and stupendously hung

I'm definitely gonna see where this goes. I'm kinda nervous though, never did the online thing before. Any advice?

Koomaster

To be clear, my comment was not hating on bisexuals. I am saying that was the common reason I have heard from friends why bisexuals get so much hate - bad dating experiences. Either someone got cheated on by a bisexual, or after they broke up, the bisexual dated someone the opposite sex, which somehow caused bad feelings.

Same thing has happened to me, and I have come across a lot of bisexuals that were just assholes in general or were just wishy-washy about what they wanted. Again, not saying all bisexuals, but I can understand where people come from when they say they don't want to get involved with one. When all you ever experience is bad, it's hard to have a positive view.

Personally I am still not put off by bisexuals and would date another bisexual guy again if he were nice. I wouldn't see it as a negative; although my friends have warned me off bisexual guys enough times.

Alcoori

Koomaster said:
To be clear, my comment was not hating on bisexuals. I am saying that was the common reason I have heard from friends why bisexuals get so much hate - bad dating experiences. Either someone got cheated on by a bisexual, or after they broke up, the bisexual dated someone the opposite sex, which somehow caused bad feelings.

Same thing has happened to me, and I have come across a lot of bisexuals that were just assholes in general or were just wishy-washy about what they wanted. Again, not saying all bisexuals, but I can understand where people come from when they say they don't want to get involved with one. When all you ever experience is bad, it's hard to have a positive view.

Personally I am still not put off by bisexuals and would date another bisexual guy again if he were nice. I wouldn't see it as a negative; although my friends have warned me off bisexual guys enough times.

Being cheated on is not nice, but having bad feelings about your ex dating someone of the opposite sex? If they are bisexual that's a possibility no? It's like hating on them for being who they are.

Dead Man

Alcoori said:
Being cheated on is not nice, but having bad feelings about your ex dating someone of the opposite sex? If they are bisexual that's a possibility no? It's like hating on them for being who they are.
I have spoken with an ex about that, and it seemed to be that they thought they were an experiment, and I really wanted the other gender all along, or something. Didn't make sense, but it also didn't change the hurt she felt.

But hey, since anecdotes are the theme of the day, I have had 4 serious relationships in my life, 3 with women, one with a man, and I have cheated on none of them. Take that for what it is worth, mainly that people are individuals.

Koomaster

Dead Man said:
I have spoken with an ex about that, and it seemed to be that they thought they were an experiment, and I really wanted the other gender all along, or something. Didn't make sense, but it also didn't change the hurt she felt.

But hey, since anecdotes are the theme of the day, I have had 4 serious relationships in my life, 3 with women, one with a man, and I have cheated on none of them. Take that for what it is worth, mainly that people are individuals.
Yeah, I don't really judge; but I have heard the same excuses over and over why bisexuals are bad. So I am just saying, that is where the hate is coming from.

And yeah like Alcoori said, they felt they were experimenting with being 'gay' and then went back to being 'straight' again. I like my friends, but I roll my eyes when they say things like that. I understand where it's coming from, but it's still wrong and discriminatory.

stupei

Dead Man said:

I think it's just an insecurity issue really. If the person you date after them isn't the same gender as them, there can be a sense of, "Well yeah, of course I couldn't compete with that, I don't even have that." Like somehow you weren't on even standing or things weren't fair. I think most people realize these aren't really rational or entirely fair feelings, but that can happen a lot with feelings.

It's like if your ex moves on to date someone with a much better job. It's easy for that to feel like it's reflecting poorly on you and your time together. "Someone like that always had a better shot than I did" kind of thing.

The end of a relationship can be really good at breeding either insecurity or resentment. Sometimes a bit of both.

I also think there's a certain element of people feeling like bisexuals will get to partake in the gay lifestyle for a little while and then settle down into a heterosexual marriage down the line. I think there's an element of envy in the prejudice against bisexuals. Being queer can be awesome, but it can suck sometimes too, and I think people resent the idea that bisexuals might get to "pass" for straight later on in life.

Not saying I agree with that, but I feel like I've seen it expressed before, though not so directly.

Koomaster

Oh yeah, I have heard the whole passing for straight and settling into a straight lifestyle/marriage thing as well as reasons people hate bisexuals.

Replicant

Arcipello said:
Oh noes! Has the regular all round gay/bi thread been locked? :( I've been away from neogaf for a while on a date that lasted 3 days!

Details, please?

sublime085 said:
Earlier this week I was contacted by a very very sexy guy on A4A.

And he's sending me all these super hot messages. He's a seems like a cool guy and he's like 15 years older than me.
and stupendously hung

I'm definitely gonna see where this goes. I'm kinda nervous though, never did the online thing before. Any advice?

Have you seen him on camera? Don't trust pictures. IF that's the only way you can vouch for him, ask for multiple pictures.

HylianTom

Banned
i_am_ben said:
if it makes the bi guys feel any better, bi guys are my kryptonite :)

Eww. No thanks. I can't stand the idea of my guy getting off to the thought of.. vagina. It's an ick factor that I just couldn't get comfortable with.

Dead Man

stupei said:
I think it's just an insecurity issue really. If the person you date after them isn't the same gender as them, there can be a sense of, "Well yeah, of course I couldn't compete with that, I don't even have that." Like somehow you weren't on even standing or things weren't fair. I think most people realize these aren't really rational or entirely fair feelings, but that can happen a lot with feelings.

It's like if your ex moves on to date someone with a much better job. It's easy for that to feel like it's reflecting poorly on you and your time together. "Someone like that always had a better shot than I did" kind of thing.

The end of a relationship can be really good at breeding either insecurity or resentment. Sometimes a bit of both.

I also think there's a certain element of people feeling like bisexuals will get to partake in the gay lifestyle for a little while and then settle down into a heterosexual marriage down the line. I think there's an element of envy in the prejudice against bisexuals. Being queer can be awesome, but it can suck sometimes too, and I think people resent the idea that bisexuals might get to "pass" for straight later on in life.

Not saying I agree with that, but I feel like I've seen it expressed before, though not so directly.
Yeah, I guess I don't think about that much since people don't believe I'm queer anyway! I can walk hand in hand with a guy, kiss him, ad people seem to think I'm just pulling a stunt or something.:lol Those are both pretty natural feelings I think, but it doesn't make them any easier to deal with when they are expressed to you. Even when I am with a girl, I never deny any aspect of my life. I never really advertise either, but if the subject of attractive males, or ex partners comes up I don't cover up my thoughts or history. Some people may want to pass as straight, all I want is to pass as me. All of my partners have known I have dated people with both bits of equipment, some of my friends don't know, but that's just because it's never been relevant.

That was a bit of a ramble, sorry, it just pisses me off sometimes.

i_am_ben said:
if it makes the bi guys feel any better, bi guys are my kryptonite :)
I knew I liked you :)

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
HylianTom said:
Eww. No thanks. I can't stand the idea of my guy getting off to the thought of.. vagina. It's an ick factor that I just couldn't get comfortable with.

I'm too lazy to get upset about stuff like that.

Yasae

Banned
Teh Hamburglar said:
I'd like a balloon ride over Taye Diggs house.
You know you want that Brown Sugar.

Sanaa Lathan isn't homely, either. MMMMmm. Cot damn!

Speaking of which, that movie was just on today. So much better than the Tyler Perry bullshit we get now.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
stupei said:

Well yeah, that sums up a lot of it but the whole 'I can't compete' thing isn't really insecurity. It'd be one thing if a girl left me for a guy who's taller, richer, was better in bed but when they leave you for woman... what?

It feels like you got played from the start at first. Then you go on feeling that you were just a phase to that person. If a girl tells me she's not into men, okay - on to the next one, but if she gives me a few months of a great relationship then just hops the fence one day like "I like women now, lol", it goes from simple rejection to something bigger. And rejection for some people is already bad enough.

HylianTom said:

A hole is a hole, shit comes out of one and blood & babies come out of the other, you just gotta choose the lesser of two evils.

Yasae said:
You know you want that Brown Sugar.

Sanaa Lathan isn't homely, either. MMMMmm. Cot damn!

Speaking of which, that movie was just on today. So much better than the Tyler Perry bullshit we get now.

"Sup my brother. I heard you like balloon rides so we put a balloon in your ride."

vwNGy.jpg

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
PumpkinPie said:
A hole is a hole, shit comes out of one and blood & babies come out of the other, you just gotta choose the lesser of two evils.

the gays already have but the bis and straights are still catching up.

:(

Dead Man

DY_nasty said:
Well yeah, that sums up a lot of it but the whole 'I can't compete' thing isn't really insecurity. It'd be one thing if a girl left me for a guy who's taller, richer, was better in bed but when they leave you for woman... what?

It feels like you got played from the start at first. Then you go on feeling that you were just a phase to that person. If a girl tells me she's not into men, okay - on to the next one, but if she gives me a few months of a great relationship then just hops the fence one day like "I like women now, lol", it goes from simple rejection to something bigger. And rejection for some people is already bad enough.
Maybe some people are like that, but in that case it's not really being bi, its admitting being gay. What you have described is just bitchy behaviour, you should not extrapolate that to everyone who is attracted to both sexes.

bud

PhoenixDark said:
Well I can look at a guy and say "hmm that man is attractive." If I was stuck on an island with Usher for instance, I'd probably fuck him.

But in terms of everyday occurrence I'm not attracted to men. But I will say penis>vagina in terms of pure aesthetics

usher's a butterface.

ilikeme

last two guys I had crushes on were bisexual. they are awesome. great personalities.

less wishy-washy than I am, opposite of slutty.

personal experience!

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
with the splitting (doubling?) of the gay thread, I feel it is time I join the skype chat. how does one go about this?

Dead Man

i_am_ben said:
with the splitting (doubling?) of the gay thread, I feel it is time I join the skype chat. how does one go about this?
If I knew how, I would say send a skype message to me, but I have no idea what to do from there.

It's pretty dead ATM

Alcoori

Replicant said:
If you want to chat with other GayGAF members, join them on Skype:

* Download Skype.
* Add either: technicolor.sai or motorde with a request to join the chat and they will add you. We use the Skype chat as a means to be a little more silly and chatty than we are on the forums! Beware the potential NWS in chat.

oh come on Ben, first post :)

Suairyu

Banned
The hostility towards bi-sexuals (intentional or no) as exhibited in this thread is the reason I generally let other homosexuals believe I'm homosexual myself. First GayGAF thread I posted in I made comments about how I believe the notion of a LGBT "community" was an inherently damaging idea* and it was demanded of me if I was gay myself. Decided to let everyone think I was fully one way to avoid what I felt was the inevitable "if you're not fully gay you will never understand" attack. I've actually felt like a coward on these forums ever since.

I probably should have posted the above in the coming out thread instead.

*We are not continuing this chat here, yeah? It never works out well. Unless you're the Scissor Sisters, in which case you're famous AND Gay-famous so people will respect your controversial but intelligent opinion about it.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Suairyu said:
The hostility towards bi-sexuals (intentional or no) as exhibited in this thread is the reason I generally let other homosexuals believe I'm homosexual myself. First GayGAF thread I posted in I made comments about how I believe the notion of a LGBT "community" was an inherently damaging idea* and it was demanded of me if I was gay myself. Decided to let everyone think I was fully one way to avoid what I felt was the inevitable "if you're not fully gay you will never understand" attack. I've actually felt like a coward on these forums ever since.

I probably should have posted the above in the coming out thread instead.

*We are not continuing this chat here, yeah? It never works out well. Unless you're the Scissor Sisters, in which case you're famous AND Gay-famous so people will respect your controversial but intelligent opinion about it.

at the end of the day you've just got to not give a fuck about what other people say.

and I disagree with your community thing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom