• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gay and Bisexual relationship thread |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
what.

maybe it's a non-American thing, but a handshake here is still a pretty valid form of greeting/goodbye, especially on a first meeting or when exchanging names.

Alcoori

what.

maybe it's a non-American thing, but a handshake here is still a pretty valid form of greeting/goodbye, especially on a first meeting or when exchanging names.

It's not a non-American thing, handshake is totally acceptable in any social setting. When I'm meeting someone for the first time I don't necessarily want him/her all up in my personal space ha.

Also the way people shake your hand is a good indicator of the kind of person they are (limp vs strong, eye contact or not, etc).

Delio

I'm really bad with eye contact. When I talk to someone I always have to look off for a few seconds before going back to their eyes. Handshake Is easy though and I have a strong one.

Bailey 87

what.

No not a non-American thing just a me thing. A hug is more intimate to me, if I give anyone a handshake I probably don't like them :p

I'm really bad with eye contact. When I talk to someone I always have to look off for a few seconds before going back to their eyes. Handshake Is easy though and I have a strong one.

I used to be like this Del, until I had a conversation with someone who couldn't keep eye contact with me. Then I noticed how weird it was, so I forced myself to always look into peoples eyes when they talk to me.

royalan

It's funny - I'm always weirded-out by people who try to hold eye contact through an entire conversation. It feels unnatural to me.

BeesEight

No not a non-American thing just a me thing. A hug is more intimate to me, if I give anyone a handshake I probably don't like them :p

I still greet some family members with a handshake.

Though that doesn't invalidate your second statement. For some, though, I upgrade to the handshake/hug hybrid.

It's funny - I'm always weirded-out by people who try to hold eye contact through an entire conversation. It feels unnatural to me.
Ugh, same here. I've always had problems looking into someone's eyes. Every time I do it's like my eyes get strained and I feel a discomfort and have to look away.

Also, handshakes are fine by me.

CHEEZMO™;36658705 said:
Well my parents know.

Marvelous.
What do they know, exactly? I've never been clear in regards to your situation.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
First date, I'd be shaking hands. If the date goes badly I wouldn't wanna set a precedent then have to hug them goodbye. "Bye, hope i never see you again!" *Hugs*

On the eye contact thing - when I first moved east here I was working by myself from home a lot and became a little... funny. Ended up catching up with a guy for a beer and could barely even look him in the eye. I'm a pretty outgoing and confident person so to notice (and have someone else notice) that shift in personality from being isolated for a few weeks was kind of a shock. He's like 'will you please stop looking over my shoulder while you're talking to me - it's really rude'.

CHEEZMO™;36658803 said:
Awful. My eyes and throat are still sore.

But I just had a massive talk with my dad about all kinds of shit so it's not as bad now. Still, we'll see how things are in the morning.

Do you think things will get better over time?

CHEEZMO™;36659262 said:
I hope. It turned into a general airing of grievances about, well, pretty much my entire relationship with my parents and others and our respective behaviours.

I assume most of us have had a similar "everything on the table" blowup with the parents at some point. Mine didn't go as well as yours, so I hope when the dust settles things are calmer. Some stuff just takes time, and there's no getting around it. :/

Alcoori

Yall should try hugging instead, it gives a stronger signal about what you are looking for than a handshake

But that's the point, when you meet with someone you don't know it's because you want to get to know them. So if it's the first time, handshake. If you go for a second date, I assume the first one went well, and then it's a hug.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Going to try one of these out. http://www.amazon.com/gp/pr...o00_s00_i00_details
Any thoughts?

nGQ8g.gif

Sibylus

Banned
2 out of 4 reviews mention "an odor", apparently one strong enough to rise above the scent of bubble bath formula. Why are there 4 stars. Who are these people.

ayeorkean

2 out of 4 reviews mention "an odor", apparently one strong enough to rise above the scent of bubble bath formula. Why are there 4 stars. Who are these people.

Looked through amazon's selection of double dongs and a lot of reviews mention that they have a certain smell, guessing it's a rubbery odor.

Didn't what?

Anyway, just asking, since I've seen people play with one when it's just them. I think. Maybe try to look for one where odor isn't mentioned in the reviews?

Look back, stealth edit.

Delio

The price should tip you off that it's junk. Also, it's made out of pvc. Aside from the potentially dangerous chemical issues with pvc toys, they're porous and will collect bacteria, they stink to high heaven, and so on. Buy silicone toys.

*innocent whistle*

That's one of the best vids he has been in. Both boys really get into that shit.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Yeesh, avoid PVC, as Cosmic said. Plus it stinks. Oh, he said that too :p oops

I still remember when I first started my job and one of the retail girls came up to me and asked if I could "road test" some massive cock dildo thing. Weird being asked to shove something up your ass and them report back on it by work colleagues.
Obviously I did it

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yeesh, avoid PVC, as Cosmic said. Plus it stinks.

I still remember when I first started my job and one of the retail girls came up to me and asked if I could "road test" some massive cock dildo thing. Weird being asked to shove something up your ass and them report back on it by work colleagues.
Obviously I did it

And...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom