• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gay and Bisexual relationship thread |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

daemonic

Banned
Mostly everyone will go off a pic before reading a profile. Usually you're lucky to get a response without one imo. It's just the way the online world works. So as already stated, not having a pic suggests you have something to hide, in which case most guys will just avoid you. Being in an Arab country, however, definitely makes things a bit more complicated.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I hate my school/work schedule, cuz I basically have no free evenings except friday/saturday/sunday, and this weekend I'm going to Coachella :|

Oh, blue-hair... If having three weekend nights free and going to music festivals is bad, you're going to hate being a grown-up. :eek:

I'm up by 5am every single day of the week and have had two days off in the last two and a half months. :(

Magnus

I was turned off enough by my first experience with
butt-sex, topping and bottoming that I actually only attempted it once since, and that was almost just as bad.

Funny thing is, I've been with the guy again, and it's been fine and great. He's a good friend now. So it wasn't him, imo. It was really the act.

I'm not in any rush to do it again, except for the social pressure from friends to make it a regular and normal part of my sex life. Until then, between dates, the semi-rare one-nighter and some occasional FWB situations, doing everything but the butt-sex is actually sating me pretty well.

Is something wrong with me? =/ lol

_Isaac

butt-sex, topping and bottoming that I actually only attempted it once since, and that was almost just as bad.

Funny thing is, I've been with the guy again, and it's been fine and great. He's a good friend now. So it wasn't him, imo. It was really the act.

I'm not in any rush to do it again, except for the social pressure from friends to make it a regular and normal part of my sex life. Until then, between dates, the semi-rare one-nighter and some occasional FWB situations, doing everything but the butt-sex is actually sating me pretty well.

I don't think there's anything wrong with you at all. Sometimes, it really feels like if you're gay then butt sex has to be a regular part of your sex life, but I think it's fine if you save it for rare special occasions as long as your hypothetical partner is fine with it. If he's not then one of you is going to have to make some changes or you're just not sexually compatible.

Sai-kun

Banned
Oh, blue-hair... If having three weekend nights free and going to music festivals is bad, you're going to hate being a grown-up. :eek:

I'm up by 5am every single day of the week and have had two days off in the last two and a half months. :(

i know, totally collegekidproblems, right? I just hate having my whole evening wasted :(

DR2K

Banned
Yeah, I won't even think about telling anyone IRL until I've moved out, at least. Especially not with the deeply religious family that I'm stuck with.

You'd be surprised with how much love your family has for you, in my opinion you're losing a lot of valuable time by not letting the ones you know who you really are. I've had an amazing relationship with my momma ever since coming out, I wish I had done it even earlier.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
You'd be surprised with how much love your family has for you, in my opinion you're losing a lot of valuable time by not letting the ones you know who you really are. I've had an amazing relationship with my momma ever since coming out, I wish I had done it even earlier.

Just because they love him as a son, doesn't mean they can't hate him more as a gay. ;_;

_Isaac

You'd be surprised how different their tune may be once they're faced with a gay son.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
no picture, no talk.

if you're not comfortable enough with your own body to post a fully clothed picture of yourself, privately if need be, then you're not someone I'd like to be involved with. Period.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
jVDGu.jpg

don't act like you two can resist.

BeesEight

Not my thing either. It's the rare occasion I feel like being on top and I have zero interest for the reverse position. There are others out there that feel the same way. So I wouldn't think there's anything wrong with you.

I wouldn't say that families always react positively. Mine weren't negative by any means, but they certainly never broach the subject of sex and boyfriends since I've told them. In fact, I've probably got more pressure to be dating girls from them since coming out.

don't act like you two can resist.

I have to ask, because I've been seeing it around a bit now - what's with the green body suits?

You'd be surprised how different their tune may be once they're faced with a gay son.

That's an awesome defiled avatar you got Isaac!

BeesEight

Now, I've been single for a long while, I'm afraid of relationships (because if I get into one, it will be hard to hide it, and I don't want to hurt my family as long as I live with them), I don't want to meet gay people because I had some bad experiences (which coincided with the time I was outed), I'm scared of STDs (of course, I protect myself, but I had one accident... And I never want to live 3 months of anguish once again), I'm unconfortable with gays guys overall and, honestly, I don't see my "future".

... I guess I needed to write this... For a long time... Weird, I didn't realise it until now. Well, as they say, "let the healing begins".

That sucks about the family situation. At least it will get better as time goes on, if nothing more because you'll be older and removed from the situation. But this seems a little worrying.

You shouldn't really be avoiding relationships because it will hurt your family. For one, its obviously impacting your own personal happiness and also it may help to at least normalize it for them. Second, not all gay people are the same just like not all bi or straight people are the same. I'm not sure what the bad experiences are, but there's a large spectrum of personalities out there. STDs should be a concern and so long as you're smart and careful it shouldn't become a lifelong problem..

What about gay people makes you uncomfortable?

RPGCrazied

Reason why I'm single, is cause dating sites is all I have, and since I'm not a twink, I mostly get ignored when I reply to someone. I guess being almost 35 isn't helping either. Bah, I hate getting old.

Masamuna

Reason why I'm single, is cause dating sites is all I have, and since I'm not a twink, I mostly get ignored when I reply to someone. I guess being almost 35 isn't helping either. Bah, I hate getting old.

Sounds like you're on the wrong dating sites, unless twinks are what you're after. Needless to say i'm not a twink (or a muscle bear) but I have my fair share of boys in the yard after my assorted milkshares or whatever the reference is :p

And 35 is a great age. Although my point may be invalid because I <3 older men.

Masamuna

Try bear dating sites if you want.

What he said. Bear411 is pretty great and is where I get most of my attention from. Bearcentral is....not great. Atleast for my area at least, I don't think the site has been around long.

Third sunday off in a row for my local guy. Everytime I spend time with him the less I want to whore about. Casual dating may evolve into relationship sooner than I thought :O

Sagitario

You are being too hard on yourself.

I am sure you will be lucky enough to find non-shallow people or persons who want more than just a quick fuck (for better or worse, it comes with the territory).

Remember, most of the time, it's their loss.

Nlroh

As for the bad experiences... I met one who view me not as an human being but as a pet (at least, in the end, that's how I view my relationship with him). I was always there for him, but I got nothing in return. He yelled at me and hang up on me because I didn't accompany him to some event (nothing scheluded, just one thing that he wanted to do on the spot and that I didn't want to do - sorry, dude, that I'm studing for my exams, something which is, you know, important), he would always call me in the middle of the night (between 3:00 and 5:00 AM) in order to talk about his love life (we had a complicated relationship), even if I asked him to stop... In the end, we wouldn't have sex anymore, but he would still ask me to
suck his dick
(something that he wouldn't reciprocate, so each time he mentioned it, I refused).

That sounds horrible, but I'm really glad you got out of that relationship. I've met a lot of people who are involved in those kind of relationships and most of the time they don't even understand the other person is just abusing them. It seems like a really hard thing to do, realize that he is draining you and actually do something about it. I know a lot of friends have probably told you that there are nice persons out there and not everyone is like him, but it's the truth... Maybe with time you will get to the point where you can trust others.

sphinx

the piano man
The world is just ironic, ever since I was 21 I dream of my 6'0 tall stocky 35 year old boyfriend and most guys worth a try tend to avoid me cause they consider me too small, 5,4 here or just not one of their kind.

and I really hate those with father complex. Its fun to phantasize for a while but I am really not going anywhere with that kind of approach and I want a boyfriend, for life.

Alcoori

We always fantasize about the kind of guy we want, for me it's a blond/ginger guy slightly shorter than me (I'm 5'8) and around my age. But in the end I've found that I always ended up with someone taller than me, dark-haired and either a tad younger or older.

BeesEight

As much as I want to normalize the situation with them, my involontary outing convinced me that I shouldn't confront them with this. To be honest, my family nearly imploded because of me (with one parent trying to calm the other, and the other... I can let you guess). So, yeah, as much as I want it, I don't think this is a possibility. At least now they're used to the idea, but we don't talk about it, and I'm the target of occasional quips (nothing too serious or hurtful, and it seriously calmed down over time, to the point of becoming non-existent).

Well, you're going to start dating eventually. It seems strange to put it off now because it will upset them. As it stands, no one is happy. In the end, you're happiness will be more important to you and your family than some sort of ideal that will never occur.

Of course, if you're living with them or dependent on them, I can understand the hesitation. But if you're only avoiding dating because your family disapproves seems counter-productive.

As for your bad experience - that really does suck. But I'm sure you're aware that it is far from normal. At the very least, meeting more gay people will make it clear that they're not all like that one guy. Don't even go in with the intentions of a relationship with any of them and just be friends. That is the surest way to dispel the fear that all gay people are the same.

BeesEight

I've kinda just given up on finding someone right now. Just trying to wait on It.

What have you been doing?

I find that I have more success when I'm not actually looking but I'm still putting myself out there. So going to social gatherings or joining message boards and whatnot. My last couple of relationships were pretty spontaneous and from the most unlikely places.

Though I've also gone a year without meeting anyone but that's another story.

I'm still living with them, as you probably guessed. When I'll leave and live on my own, things will be different, but until then I don't want to kick the ant's nest. I haven't completly closed the door to a relationship, even if I'm staying with them for the time being, but if I find someone I'll be out more often, they will begin to suspect something (especially if I sleep somewhere else...), and once again I would have to lie to them... *sigh*

Yeah, when you're still living under their roof it really puts a damper on things. And that's all fair enough and completely understandable.

Also, I know that I shouldn't let my "bad experience" hold me back, and twist the way I look at gay people (since then, I've met other gay guys who were "normal" - as per my definition of normal - and the GayGafers here seem pretty nice too). But I can't help it, I feel insecure and incredibly stressed. After a while with the same gay people (I've met a couple of new people recently thanks a friend), this feeling began to diminish, but it's still there. I don't really understand why I react like this. Sure, I've been hurt, but it was just the fault of one guy, and I wasn't physically abused... I shouldn't react like this. I feel ridiculous and ashamed.
But overall, things are going better, this feeling is disappearing little by little. I guess there's nothing to do but to wait until it disappears completly.

It will go away. I've had my fair share of rotten relationships and it had soured me to the whole affair. I suppose it's important to always keep that little bit of hope that people are better than the worst offenders. The guys here are plenty friendly too. So keep with it and it'll definitely improve.

Delio

What have you been doing?

I find that I have more success when I'm not actually looking but I'm still putting myself out there. So going to social gatherings or joining message boards and whatnot. My last couple of relationships were pretty spontaneous and from the most unlikely places.

Though I've also gone a year without meeting anyone but that's another story..

Well I still put myself out there everywhere. I just think I come off to strong. I'm pretty forward about what I want and don't really play games.

barrin87

I don't bother trying to look for people to date anymore. Dating sites don't work for me since I attract either the crazies or people that are way above the age range that I would be looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom