• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gay and Bisexual relationship thread |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
Himuro said:
Really, really glad about the good vibes from the lgbt community lately. I wore purple last Wednesday. :D

I got a ton of people from the HaloGAF thread to turn their Spartans purple for a day and take sweet pictures. That was pretty rad.

I flipped my Paramore shirt inside out for the day :) It was nice seeing so many people with purple!

Roto13

Oh, I guess this is relevant, huh?

Yesterday was my third wedding anniversary. Yay, Canada, where same sex marriage is recognized! Didn't do anything too special. Made a kickass anniversary lasagna and drank a bottle of wine and watched an episode of SNL on DVR. :p

Sibylus

Banned
Sai-kun said:
I got a ton of people from the HaloGAF thread to turn their Spartans purple for a day and take sweet pictures. That was pretty rad.

I flipped my Paramore shirt inside out for the day :) It was nice seeing so many people with purple!
It'll be late to the party, but I still have to get the screencaps of my Spartan to yah. I have a few extra shots worth sharing as well (the one with the Warthog pulling a sharp turn through a puddle as Revenants look on is pretty awesome).

Roto13 said:
Yesterday was my third wedding anniversary. Yay, Canada, where same sex marriage is recognized!
Yes ^_^

Happy anniversary!

Alcoori said:
I have a visceral hate for purple and have of course no purple in my closet.
Not even a dash, nothing.
I'm not a big fan either. My best bud is, though, it's his favorite color. Of course, he didn't wear purple for the day (and neither did I).

btkadams

_Isaac said:
I also really like purple and have no clothes that are purple. Interesting.
i really like purple and i do have a bunch of purple clothes. and pink. and rainbow.

consider yourself 1upped, sucka.

Roto13 said:

Yesterday was my third wedding anniversary. Yay, Canada, where same sex marriage is recognized! Didn't do anything too special. Made a kickass anniversary lasagna and drank a bottle of wine and watched an episode of SNL on DVR. :p

Holy shit that's RAWRsome!

...and Psycho Boy has been emailing me as well. I saw your (locked) thread about it.

Alcoori

Who's that Psycho boy? Do I smell and underlying tone of drama that we could all enjoy? :D

(btw purple is only ok in the rainbow)

_Isaac

Roto13 said:

Congratulations Roto! I'm wondering how your wedding was. Did you have a big party like a straight couple or was it a small dinner? Did you just sign papers and go home? How did the families take it? I think if I ever get married I would just do the secret paper signing thing. I would probably mention it to my parents at least once. They'd be against it, so it's not like they would show up anyway. I think even if I was straight and my family was supported it, I would still prefer just a paper signing. I shudder at the thought of having all that attention on me, so a wedding ceremony would be horrifying.

Roto13

_Isaac said:
Congratulations Roto! I'm wondering how your wedding was. Did you have a big party like a straight couple or was it a small dinner? Did you just sign papers and go home? How did the families take it? I think if I ever get married I would just do the secret paper signing thing. I would probably mention it to my parents at least once. They'd be against it, so it's not like they would show up anyway. I think even if I was straight and my family was supported it, I would still prefer just a paper signing. I shudder at the thought of having all that attention on me, so a wedding ceremony would be horrifying.
It was a pretty small ceremony with a few friends and a small "reception" (re: dinner at an Indian restaurant with no reservations). It was nice. Ryan Styles from Who's Line Is It Anyway and the Drew Carey Show was at the restaurant for some reason. :p

Our families couldn't really make it. We only wanted to have a small ceremony, so we didn't really want to invite anyone other than our immediate families, but they couldn't make it. (Mine lived on the other side of the country and his live in Brazil.)

My family loves my husband, though. (It's hard not to. He's a sweetheart.) I haven't met most of his family (because of the whole Brazil thing) but the members I have met seem to like me, too.

Not sure if this is appropriate here, but I didn't want to start a thread for it.

I'm gay, never been with a woman before. I have a straight guy friend who is "curious", although he wouldn't admit it, but knowing him for years I'm sure of it.

I have a chance to have a threesome with him and a girl... I'm contemplating it. On the one hand, it might end up being an interesting experience, I'm always turned on by the prospect of any sexual activity involving a straight guy... but I'd be only expected to get physical with the girl, not with him, and that's where I can see the whole thing turning into hell... eww vagina!

What do you think gaygaf?

Naked Snake said:
Not sure if this is appropriate here, but I didn't want to start a thread for it.

I'm gay, never been with a woman before. I have a straight guy friend who is "curious", although he wouldn't admit it, but knowing him for years I'm sure of it.

I have a chance to have a threesome with him and a girl... I'm contemplating it. On the one hand, it might end up being an interesting experience, I'm always turned on by the prospect of any sexual activity involving a straight guy... but I'd be only expected to get physical with the girl, not with him, and that's where I can see the whole thing turning into hell... eww vagina!

I say go for it! But I'm bi so my opinion is tainted :p

_Isaac

Hm. I wouldn't do it. You're pretty much forbidden from doing anything with the guy so you'd have to try to have sex with the lady. In my case, I'd be doing stuff I don't want to be doing, so why force myself? I might as well just stand and watch.

Magnus

Someone educate me on what purple shirts are about? I know I could google it but it sounds like you'd have stories attached?

Erebus

Naked Snake said:

If he is "curious", you might as well end up getting physical with him who knows! :D But either way, I'd say go for it and just focus on the guy.

Is he a close friend though? If yes, I'd reconsider as this sort of experience can potentially destroy your current relationship with him and make things awkward in the future.

_Isaac said:
Hm. I wouldn't do it. You're pretty much forbidden from doing anything with the guy so you'd have to try to have sex with the lady. In my case, I'd be doing stuff I don't want to be doing, so why force myself? I might as well just stand and watch.

Yeah my first thought was "Can I watch?", but in reality I think that would make the whole thing more awkward for everyone.

DarkUSS said:
If he is "curious", you might as well end up getting physical with him who knows! :D But either way, I'd say go for it and just focus on the guy.

Is he a close friend though? If yes, I'd reconsider as this sort of experience can potentially destroy your current relationship with him and make things awkward in the future.

I doubt I'd get physical with him, he immediately retreats and gets defensive whenever I make the slightest move/comment regarding that. The funny thing is that it was completely the opposite before I came out to him, he was the one always "making advances"... So I guess he is slightly homophobic and curious at the same time, a sad mixture!

I concealed my homosexuality from him for years, initially because he was a colleague, but we both changed jobs and remained friends. But for some reasons I didn't come out to him later even though I'm out to all my friends. I think I enjoyed the sexual tension between us and feared that it might be negatively affected if I came out to him, which turned out to be the case.

Edit: I wouldn't say we are close friends. We see each other only once every few months, but he calls me on the phone more often, usually when he needs a favor done.

btkadams

Naked Snake said:

if you're just expected to pay attention to the girl, then don't do it. simple as that. as IF a gay guy would have fun pleasing a girl. why would they even ask you to?

btkadams said:
if you're just expected to pay attention to the girl, then don't do it. simple as that. as IF a gay guy would have fun pleasing a girl. why would they even ask you to?

They didn't ask, I jokingly mentioned it to him, and he said "Would you really do it? Hmm, I think she might like the idea."

Roto13

Naked Snake said:

If you don't want to have sex with a girl, but you do want to have sex with your friend, but your friend doesn't want to have sex with you, and they both will be expecting you to have sex with the girl, there's no way this will be fun for you. Except you'll get to see your friend have sex, I guess.

Roto13 said:
you'll get to see your friend have sex, I guess.

That, and he'd see me naked... which excites me knowing his latent tendencies :lol

And it could open the door for him to be more relaxed about his sexuality with me in the future...

Sibylus

Banned
Roto13 said:
If you don't want to have sex with a girl, but you do want to have sex with your friend, but your friend doesn't want to have sex with you, and they both will be expecting you to have sex with the girl, there's no way this will be fun for you. Except you'll get to see your friend have sex, I guess.
So he more or less has two options:

1) Bail out
2) Determine the exact boundaries/terms (really, really awkward conversation ensues)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Naked Snake said:

It's your choice. If you honestly have no interest in what experience with the vagina is like, then don't bother. You'll just feel like a third wheel and out of place.

If he isn't getting physical with you and vice-versa I say it isn't worth it. It's just a standard typical straight threesome where the guy that dates the girl says "nah, man, I'm straight (yeah, right)" and is boring as shit.

Edit: Speaking of sex: I hate being a cripple at times. Anonymous sex is always so awkward as shit for me. People auto-assume I want to use a phone and give me their number and I'm like "nah, man, I have trouble with phones" and it's like "Oh. :("

*sigh* Meeting people is terrible for me, double so as generally I don't like socializing.

TheSeks said:
It's your choice. If you honestly have no interest in what experience with the vagina is like, then don't bother. You'll just feel like a third wheel and out of place.

If he isn't getting physical with you and vice-versa I say it isn't worth it. It's just a standard typical straight threesome where the guy that dates the girl says "nah, man, I'm straight (yeah, right)" and is boring as shit.

Edit: Speaking of sex: I hate being a cripple at times. Anonymous sex is always so awkward as shit for me. People auto-assume I want to use a phone and give me their number and I'm like "nah, man, I have trouble with phones" and it's like "Oh. :("

*sigh* Meeting people is terrible for me, double so as generally I don't like socializing.

I'm a stutterer and I always hated talking on the phone with strangers for that reason. I also don't like socializing at all. I don't feel bad about these things though, I say don't let it get to you and be happy with who you are.

TheSeks

Naked Snake said:
I'm a stutterer and I always hated talking on the phone with strangers for that reason. I also don't like socializing at all. I don't feel bad about these things though, I say don't let it get to you and be happy with who you are.

I generally do self-checkouts or order online if possible. I try to avoid social contact as much as possible.

Probably why I'm having issues getting a job. *ahem* That said, I generally trolled CL for sex, but most of those people were flakes or old (50+) as FL is (well, the area around here) either college kids or old men. Blech, I'm not in college (long story) so it's hard to connect with college kids (and I don't really want to do the whole dorm/roommate dictates my schedule! thing), and old men in their 50's isn't my bag (I try to stick to my age), that and the hearing thing just makes it worse.

Probably why I don't have sex much. :lol

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
TheSeks said:

What pisses me off the most is that you meet so-called masculine guys, and they have a lisp and such. I don't have lots of spare time, so it gets me mad.

Naked Snake said:

I know you asked gaygaf, but would you mind a straight person's opinion? I'd do it if, and only if, you're prepared to completely abandon the friendship. Worst case scenario: you're completely unsubtle about your feelings/intentions, everything gets super awkward, he gets freaked out or offended, and the friendship is chucked off a cliff.

If you are okay with that though, I'd go full-steam ahead. Like you said, this could be the stepping stone he needs to reach the rainbow and give it a taste. And aside from benefiting you, this'd be good for him, too.

Naked Snake said:
That, and he'd see me naked... which excites me knowing his latent tendencies :lol

And it could open the door for him to be more relaxed about his sexuality with me in the future...

Ah that answers the question i had...he HAS seen your huge cock.

as have I
. ;)

TheSeks

JeFfRey said:
What pisses me off the most is that you meet so-called masculine guys, and they have a lisp and such. I don't have lots of spare time, so it gets me mad.

Well, I can't hear their lisp so it doesn't bother me.

I just feel awkward as fuck around people in general. So it's doubly worse with anonymous sex for me.

StraightGAF said:
I'd do it if, and only if, you're prepared to completely abandon the friendship.

His friend's probably thinking it'll "turn him straight." Or whatever, considering he took the joke as literal: "You'd do that?" I say it's a bad idea all around unless (and that's a HUGE unless) you've been friends for a good long while and know where your boundaries are. I flirt and tease a straight man I know weekly, but I know nothing will come from that.

KO Traveling Hobo said:
I know you asked gaygaf, but would you mind a straight person's opinion? I'd do it if, and only if, you're prepared to completely abandon the friendship. Worst case scenario: you're completely unsubtle about your feelings/intentions, everything gets super awkward, he gets freaked out or offended, and the friendship is chucked off a cliff.

If you are okay with that though, I'd go full-steam ahead. Like you said, this could be the stepping stone he needs to reach the rainbow and give it a taste. And aside from benefiting you, this'd be good for him, too.

Straight guy's opinion (or girl's for that matter) are welcome :)

I don't think I'd care much if the friendship was killed... it has been mostly based on mutual-benefits and favors. And we have very little in common intellectually, but I always liked his sense of humor and we used to play New Super Mario Bros DS multiplayer on lunch breaks, during work, and after work, which was a lot of fun, but those days are over.

krypt0nian said:
Ah that answers the question i had...he HAS seen your huge cock.

as have I
. ;)

Uh, what made you think that he has seen my cock? He surely did not. I'd like him to though.

TheSeks

Naked Snake said:
Straight guy's opinion (or girl's for that matter) are welcome :)

I don't think I'd care much if the friendship was killed... it has been mostly based on mutual-benefits and favors. And we have very little in common intellectually, but I always liked his sense of humor and we used to play New Super Mario Bros DS multiplayer on lunch breaks, during work, and after work, which was a lot of fun, but those days are over.

If you really want to see him naked, you should ask him flat out: "If we do this three-some, is it just guy and girl, or am I getting guy-guy and girl? Because if it's just us having sex with her and no in-between, I'm not interested."

And if you really wanted to be honest: "I'm more interested in you than her, so if it's just me-her and you-her and no me-you-and-her, I'm out. (and if you were an asshole that burns bridges like me) Either you're showing me what's in your pants and I get to have it, or I don't. Your choice."

Given the rough times I had in high school for being gay, combined with the coming-to-light of the recent GLBT suicides, I'm considering two small tattoos on my right arm.

Both in the same font, one simply stating 'This too shall pass', and the other stating 'It gets better'. What do you guys thing?

Roto13

excelforward said:
Given the rough times I had in high school for being gay, combined with the coming-to-light of the recent GLBT suicides, I'm considering two small tattoos on my right arm.

Both in the same font, one simply stating 'This too shall pass', and the other stating 'It gets better'. What do you guys thing?
Do not get buzz phrases permanently etched onto your body. :p Just buy a damn t-shirt.

my opinion of tattoos is if they won't mean anything to you in 20 years, don't get them. this is a small blip in the GLBT history; get something more meaningful to you that will last your lifetime, since it will never go away, it will stretch out, fade, etc.

Roto13 said:
Do not get buzz phrases permanently etched onto your body. :p Just buy a damn t-shirt.

Not necessarily 'buzz phrases'. Both have been mantras I live by for the past decade, really.

I want this partly as a rememberance to those who don't make it, but then also for the tough times as a reminder to myself.

Hey maybe not the best place to ask but...

If you enjoy butt fun, how do yall keep it clean and presentable down there?

PM me if you'd rather.

Buckethead said:
Hey maybe not the best place to ask but...

If you enjoy butt fun, how do yall keep it clean and presentable down there?

PM me if you'd rather.
shower often, douche it up. probably shave it a bit, too.

TheSeks

You shouldn't get a tattoo just because of recent events. But that's just me. It's your body and your choices to tat, do what you think is good for you.

Zephyr said:
>>20 years<<

I'd go by this, not recent events.

Alcoori

Naked Snake, it just sounds like you're lusting after the straight guy and that he's not into you. Him being more distant after you came out was most likely because he realized that you were too friendly with him and that he probably didn't want to lead you on.
Obviously that kinda fail since you still think his curious.
I mean, vagina. Seriously, no good can come out of that situation so you might just drop it.

Dead Man

Roto13 said:

Congratulations!

Naked Snake said:

I say no, even though I would do it, simply because you aren't into the vagina, so don't try and fake it. Just get him drunk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom