• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaza aid fleet attacked by Israeli navy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Somali pirates attacked an aid vessel a few months ago too. What's the difference again?
Oh yeah, these are the good guys.

booyah! The thread starts off with a bang!

slider

Any official Israeli statements yet on why they gave this the go ahead? If they do it'll no doubt be the alleged presence of munitions or something on board.

Man, Israel really needs some independent advice on how actions will be perceived. I guess you could call it "PR".

Israel, 1940s, something something somewhere somewhere.

All good. Move along, nothing to see here.

But in all seriousness, we should wait for more news to come out on this.

Mii said:
Isn't Netanyahu visiting the US soon?

Does it matter?

US is Israel's bitch and will always be its bitch.

The current administration tried to just criticize consturction plans and everybody was up in Arms about it. :lol :lol :lol

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
slider said:
Any official Israeli statements yet on why they gave this the go ahead? If they do it'll no doubt be the alleged presence of munitions or something on board.

Man, Israel really needs some independent advice on how actions will be perceived. I guess you could call it "PR".
Who cares about PR when you've got the US bending over.

Talas

One of the veterans from the USS Liberty is aboard one of those ships, this must bring back bad memories for him.

msv

No mention of the stream? They said that there's no contact, what? They're streaming it right now... right?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
C'mon guys give us an hour or two to spin this so Israel looks like the victim, you guys should totally stop jumping to conclusions.

Kapsama said:
A lot of tools on that ship in any case.

Tools of Mass Destruction!. Nuclear Hammers, armour piercing nails, mustard concrete, surface to air wood!. Dont get me started on food.... grenade potatoes, semi automatic carrots.

lol israel

from bbc

The six-ship flotilla left international waters off the coast of Cyprus on Sunday and was expected to arrive in Gaza later on Monday.

Israel has said it would stop the boats, calling the campaign a "provocation intended to delegitimise Israel".

An economic blockade was imposed by Israel after the Islamist movement Hamas took power in Gaza.

Israel says it allows about 15,000 tones of humanitarian aid into Gaza every week.

But the United Nations says this is less than a quarter of what is needed.

Fularu

Banned
Up to 10 people dead now and 30 injured.

The reason to attack the convoy was that "it was an attempt to deligitimize Israel by giving aid to people in Gaza"

That's sooo insulting!

Dabanton

Absolutely embarrassing.

But the Israel military never feels any shame about what it does. Always an excuse for why people have to die.

We'll see how this develops.

soul

as far as I know the Israeli commandos were attacked by all people on board by bricks, chairs, etc whatever they can find and shots were fired when someone tried to take one of the soldiers' gun.

hmmm, Israel warned them for weeks, it was bound to happen.

gumshoe

Banned
So..The people in Gaza only get about 15000 tons of supplies which is 1/4 of what they actually need to survive from week to week.. and a group is being shot at because they decided to give them more food??

Fuck Israel

noah111

Still Alive
Fularu said:
Up to 10 people dead now and 30 injured.

The reason to attack the convoy was that "it was an attempt to deligitimize Israel by giving aid to people in Gaza"

That's sooo insulting!
What the fuck. I wonder if the US media will actually report something this time, hell something like this (if the facts are as they seem) should be addressed by the president himself..

Aaron

Dabanton said:
Absolutely embarrassing.
Embarrassing? They're killing innocent people so they can continue starving other innocent people. That's not the word I would use. How about horrific, inhumane, callous, unfeeling, monstrous?

Before doing anything, Israel should ask themselves 'Is this something Hitler would have approved of?' If the answer is yes, DON'T DO IT.

Dabanton said:
Absolutely embarrassing.

But the Israel military never feels any shame about what it does. Always an excuse for why people have to die.

We'll see how this develops.

Everything Israel does was legitimized at this one point in time

Embarrassing? They're killing innocent people so they can continue starving other innocent people. That's not the word I would use. How about horrific, inhumane, callous, unfeeling, monstrous?

Before doing anything, Israel should ask themselves 'Is this something Hitler would have approved of?' If the answer is yes, DON'T DO IT.

I think they do ask that question. Only, the answer is interpreted differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom