• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaze into the fist |OT| DREDD 3D

Archer

just saw dredd in 2d. awesome movie. had moments of blade runner tossed in. must've been visually amazing in 3d. totally overlooked this movie.

Number45

just saw dredd in 2d. awesome movie. had moments of blade runner tossed in. must've been visually amazing in 3d. totally overlooked this movie.
Pretty much came here to post this. Watched it on Sunday evening and the film hammered ALL of my buttons, it must have been fantastic in 3D at the cinema.

It's even so loud that I had to turn down my sound system (a little), and I never do that.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Just finished watching it. It was pretty solid. Gave off some serious Robocop vibes. Only issue was with the noise being incredibly distracting at times though I'm assuming it was intentional.

Tom_Cody

Saw this last night and loved it. Not really surprised it didn't make money though.

Hopefully their will be sequel (ala-Ridick) somewhere down the road. For now I will just look forward to Karl Urban's new TV show.

I was pretty bummed to find out that it was shot in 3D. It would have been nice to have seen it in the theaters.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Aww man, I finally watched this and now I'm feeling really guilty I didn't see it sooner. Dredd is fantastic! Going to buy the Blu Ray for myself, sign the petition, etc... I'm definitely on board for showing my support for a sequel.

Baleoce

Just watched this on Netflix. Holy shit it's good. Also, I didn't get a chance to see this while it was at cinema, but I would definitely have gone to see this in 3D if I'd known.

DieH@rd

Banned
I missed the DREDD in cinemas, and I dont have 3D HDTV...

One day, I will see this movie inside Oculus Rift virtual cinema. :D

This was a surprisingly good movie! I really enjoy Alex Garland-scripted movies. It was also interesting that there is no protagonist progression at all (and none needed), just a straight action story. Great world building. I liked that they never had Urban take his helmet off (I always think he's Keith Urban when I hear his name). I'm down for a sequel.

Baleoce

This was a surprisingly good movie! I really enjoy Alex Garland-scripted movies. It was also interesting that there is no protagonist progression at all (and none needed), just a straight action story. Great world building. I liked that they never had Urban take his helmet off (I always think he's Keith Urban when I hear his name). I'm down for a sequel.

The protagonist progression was all centered around Anderson. Dredd was like a conduit in this movie as the model Judge, and it worked perfectly. But yeah, the movie seemed essentially about her being tested as a Judge, and was pretty much the sole focus of character progression. I agree, the world building was top notch. I'm left in awe at the scene and feel that world set.

I only picked this film up on BD about six weeks ago, but I think it's brilliant. They got the tone and the style absolutely spot-on. Urban was perfectly cast, the action was excellent and Lena Headley was brilliantly menacing as the vicious and twisted antagonist. And the soundtrack; oh my God the soundtrack. I just got it on CD last week and I can't stop listening to it. It's awesome driving music too; I love to turn it up loud so the bass makes the inside of the car vibrate.

Fucking love this film. I doubt we'll see another, but if there was I would definitely go and see it in the cinema.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I only picked this film up on BD about six weeks ago, but I think it's brilliant. They got the tone and the style absolutely spot-on. Urban was perfectly cast, the action was excellent and Lena Headley was brilliantly menacing as the vicious and twisted antagonist. And the soundtrack; oh my God the soundtrack. I just got it on CD last week and I can't stop listening to it. It's awesome driving music too; I love to turn it up loud so the bass makes the inside of the car vibrate.

Fucking love this film. I doubt we'll see another, but if there was I would definitely go and see it in the cinema.

Dredd is an instant classic. It's a modern 80's action movie. It's the Robocop we deserve, but will never get.

I finished watching it last night for a second time. The *only* bit I don't like is when the
bent Judge has Dredd injured and defenceless in the Slo-Mo lab, and rather than shoot him he does the really tiresome talking "What? You, the famous Judge Dredd is going to beg?" routine. It was really needless and out of place I thought, and the scene would have worked better had Anderson arrived a little sooner
and saved Dredd from the bad dialogue.

But yeah, love the film so much. I like the bit at the end when he
calls Ma-Ma's bluff and throws her through the glass to her death
. He's such an awesome, uncompromising character and I'm so glad they didn't try to give him any character development.

This is one of those overlooked gems and a movie that can become a classic in the future.

I wish I could go back in time and watch this movie again in 3D at the cinema. It was absolutely phenomenal to see it in all its glory.

DieH@rd

Banned
This is one of those overlooked gems and a movie that can become a classic in the future.

I wish I could go back in time and watch this movie again in 3D at the cinema. It was absolutely phenomenal to see it in all its glory.

I missed it sadly, and I was really bummed.

But by all accounts, Oculus Rift VR Cinema app provides awesome experience for movie watching. Now I only have to wait 1400p/1600p/4k version to come out. : )

Top Bottom