• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GB/WH Rumor: Microsoft dropping basically all Xbox One DRM, announcement today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be great if they did.

Better they do it now. Take the internet snark but say "We listen to our consumers" and not completely doom the platform.

It might look bad now but it would be the best move in the long run.

statham

Hmm about two hours ago famousmortimer said this on Twitter:

jthmq3c2cjkni.JPG

He's been right on with stuff before...

oh snap

does the pope shit in the woods?
I think not.

And I cannot believe this will happen any time soon, mind you should be an easy fix down the line.

Rourkey

whathifi have been around in the uk since 1976, they are not a micky mouse operation,

Could be one of their journo's getting a tad excited though!

Trogdor1123

In what world would they announce something, then say they wont change it based on other companies moves, and then change it and not announce it to the media?

Come on...

Seriously? Does anyone here really buy this? Don't get me wrong; I think this would be great and would totally change the console battle (I could care about the games rather than the policies! Yah!) But to backtrack on all this seem truly crazy. So, I'm going with this rumor being total BS.

Is this actually a site with a plausible record?

PaulLFC

what hifi? Skeptical.

If true though, means I would consider the console when it has at least a few exclusive games I want to play. Currently, PS4 wins regardless of whether MS change the policies or not on account of it being cheaper and more powerful.

This would be cool if it's true, but honestly they've lost my respect so much that it would be hard to get it back at this point. I also don't think it's happening.

Anteo

Unconfirmed rumor and all that but if true

e2AC11J.png

Edit: This tweet is old and in no way related to the thread as anything other than a reaction image.

Some interesting goings on in the twitters, though I'd be extremely surprised if that's what it is.

Though tbh, even if they do go back on everything it's still a $500 machine sitting next to a basically equally capable $400 competitor.

Edit: GB is going with it, confirmed?

I dont believe this rumor for a second.

But if they do eventually remove the DRM the second thing they need to do is remove the Kinect, UI, and Snap BS that is hogging up close to half the memory on the piece of shit.

DBT85

Biggest backtrack in history if true?

And if you don't need to be always connected, what does this mean for the games being developed to take advantage of it... Like world of tanks?

Oh, nothing will change for those games. Cool.

Prine

Banned
lol, guys I'm. being serious, i worked for the company that own whathifi, (i partly developed that website) they're huge. But their expertise lies in audio and visual so take this with truck of salt. Thier other gaming related company Stuff.tv would be where I'd turn my ear towards.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
My main problem with the Xbox One is the forced Kinect connection... so while I doubt the validity of this in the first place, it wouldn't even begin to address my issue with the thing. Keep trying Microsoft.

LCfiner

Would be fantastic if true.

Still, I don't like the idea of dragging a company, kicking and screaming, to implement policies that don't fuck over consumers.

Crisco

Banned
This would be a hilariously epic backtrack. I want to see it happen just for the internet reaction. It would make MS look like absolute clowns though, given how vehemently they've defended the policy over the past week.

GloveSlap

Part of me doesn't want them to back track. I want to see what would happen if they actually tried to release it as is, just for the spectacle of it all.

Even if they fixed this aspect, the specs, bundled kinect, and price is still a huge concern for me (as a current Xbox only person).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom